Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Don't use the NBA as an example as the NBA has one league where it's more definite to "crown" the GOAT instead of football where there's many different leagues, competitions, etc.

BTW, didn't Miroslav Klose break Pele's record for goals in a WC? Or was it Podolski?
    It was not an example on to say who's the GOAT, it was to show that great athletes are usually great in any era.

Ronaldo holds the record for most goals scored in multiple WC's (Pele had a better goal average than him though) and Fontaine for most goals scored in a single WC.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 06-17-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

To me - the old game was more difficult. You have the balls themselves - heavy as lead, the stuff defenders were allowed to do. The modern game is undoubtedly more tactical but that's something any great player will adjust to.

Banned

I heard somewhere that brazilians consider Garincha as their GOAT

Neymar gonna be exposed in Europe.

who is this guy? the jiauber of football?

pele has been insecure about messi surpassing him for years now... he never said anything good about him and even said neymar is better last year

maradona on the other hand, is the complete opposite, he doesnt really give a f*ck about rankings, he said before the 2010 world cup that messi is already better than himself.

btw, arsene wenger when asked who is the best player in the world said- messi, then was asked who is the best player of all time, after thinking for 2-3 seconds said messi again. ill take his opinion over anyone's on this board or any insecure 50s/60s stars.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irriducibili

Neymar gonna be exposed in Europe.
    Some.

They also unanimously say he was better than Maradona

Brazilians are crazy when it comes to this thing called football - they will tell you some of the most ridiculous thing's you'll ever hear.

Quote Originally Posted by irriducibili
    No. False urban legend created by british journalist Alex Bellos. Only a really smal minority of fans (mainly radical Botafogo fans - Garrincha's team -) might think so. I've heard and read many famous brazilian journalists and former players and only Garrincha's biographer thinks he is the GOAT. Gerson, the great playmaker from the 1970 team wc team, said the same as well when he was pissed at Pele because the later did not put him in his list of best players ever. But he has made peace with Pele and recently stated he was indeed the gretest.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 06-17-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    who is this guy? the jiauber of football?

pele has been insecure about messi surpassing him for years now... he never said anything good about him and even said neymar is better last year

maradona on the other hand, is the complete opposite, he doesnt really give a f*ck about rankings, he said before the 2010 world cup that messi is already better than himself.

btw, arsene wenger when asked who is the best player in the world said- messi, then was asked who is the best player of all time, after thinking for 2-3 seconds said messi again. ill take his opinion over anyone's on this board or any insecure 50s/60s stars.
    They are insecure because they think Pele was the greatest? Maybe it's just their sincere opinion. Why does Wenger opinion means more than say, Alex Ferguson who rate Pele as the best ever?

Maradona did say that when he did not feel threatned. Now he knows Messi can surpass him, he changed the tone and said he was better than Messi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nel-Messi.html

And Pele said recently that Messi is the best player in the world, that he is better than Ronaldo and that Neymar can surpass him in the future (yep, he corrected the crap he said about Neymar being already better).

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    They are insecure because they think Pele was the greatest? Maybe it's just their sincere opinion. Why does Wenger opinion means more than say, Alex Ferguson who rate Pele as the best ever?

Maradona did say that when he did not feel threatned. Now he knows Messi can surpass him, he changed the tone and said he was better than Messi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nel-Messi.html

And Pele said recently that Messi is the best player in the world, that he is better than Ronaldo and that Neymar can surpass him in the future (yep, he corrected the crap he said about Neymar being already better).
    maybe because wenger is one of the greatest talent evaluators and a football genius?

and bolded just proves my point - they are insecure and full of shit

one WC, and we are not going to have this conversation anymore. but of course there will always be kids like nickyoung who will mention that word 'HGH'

my god, tahiti are so bad... how did they get here?
    what the hell are they gonna do against spain.. whats the record for most goals in a big tournament (wc, euros, copa, conf.cup) ?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

my god, tahiti are so bad... how did they get here?
    what the hell are they gonna do against spain.. whats the record for most goals in a big tournament (wc, euros, copa, conf.cup) ?
    I remember Argentina defeating serbia 6-0 in the 2006 WC

Goalllllll

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I remember Argentina defeating serbia 6-0 in the 2006 WC
    yeah and germany beat saudi arabia in 8-0 in 2002...
    after doing some research it looks like this tahitian team is made of lawyers, accountants, delivery men... only one professional player vahirua who played for monaco recently

Coach Eddya Etaeta: "Our goal is not to beat Nigeria, but to go home and find a job for those who have none." Players hope for a commitment to a foreign club - the Confed Cup is for a good stage.

props for them

yeah and germany beat saudi arabia in 8-0 in 2002...
    after doing some research it looks like this tahitian team is made of lawyers, accountants, delivery men... only one professional player vahirua who played for monaco recently

Coach Eddya Etaeta: "Our goal is not to beat Nigeria, but to go home and find a job for those who have none." Players hope for a commitment to a foreign club - the Confed Cup is for a good stage.

props for them
    Vahirua is from Tahiti? I know him from playing career mode with Monaco on Fifa 13. Not a bad OMF/FW at all, for a second division team that is. Excellent free kick shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Vahirua is from Tahiti? I know him from playing career mode with Monaco on Fifa 13. Not a bad OMF/FW at all, for a second division team that is. Excellent free kick shooter.
    yup he plays on loan in greece now

there was a report of him saying that when they brought him with the national team, the reserve gk was the only guy he knew

half of their team is 'tehau' and here is their official twitter account

https://twitter.com/TahitiFootball

GOAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAHITI!!!!!!! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! #NeverGiveUp Tehau HERO!!!!!!

VAHIRUA IS BETTER THAN MESSI #GoTahiti

Goal Nigeria. But it will never take away our dignity, may believe that we did everything possible #IBelieveInTahiti

Tahiti won my heart