Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Gerald Wallace to sign with the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Why so much?? The 4/24 would have been a great deal but 10 a year?
    You want to give an all-star/all defensive player 6 million per year? His numbers went down because he was traded twice in the last two years. He's still really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenttristo
    At this point, only Jordan Williams, MarShon Brooks, Anthony Morrow and Johan Petro are under contract. So even with the addition of 10 million worth of Wallace, the Nets have a ton of space to move about and add players. I'm sure Petro (And possibly Morrow) will be on the move anyway.
    I think to start the Nets had $39M in cap space. So they still have more than enough to sign Deron Williams and Brook Lopez plus more.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    You want to give an all-star/all defensive player 6 million per year? His numbers went down because he was traded twice in the last two years. He's still really good.
    A full year of stability, training camp, Deron Williams and Brook Lopez will be great for Gerald Wallace. I loved watching him play on the Nets. Just think that they overpaid a tad. Not much, but a little bit.

Decent playground baller

They have cap space to sign Deron Williams as well as some role players. They're going to trade for Howard, no need to have cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by broy
    They have cap space to sign Deron Williams as well as some role players. They're going to trade for Howard, no need to have cap space.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Seems like a couple teams are willing to rent out Dwight for the season.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Seems like a couple teams are willing to rent out Dwight for the season.
    Brook Lopez is greater and more needed by Orlando than what those teams can offer.

Brook Lopez is greater and more needed by Orlando than what those teams can offer.
    I'd rather just start from scratch rather than have Lopez be the center piece of my team. On a side note, what if Lopez doesn't wanna go to Orlando?

SUCH A TERRIBLE MOVE....

Sounds like the nets overpaid by ALOT when then the truth is that no other team would dare give him anywhere close to this.

Brooklyn better hope they get Deron And Dwight or this franchise is going nowhere for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time.

Over paid by a lot? That is exaggeration. We needed a SF badly now we got a top tier one who can run with Williams.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    SUCH A TERRIBLE MOVE....

Sounds like the nets overpaid by ALOT when then the truth is that no other team would dare give him anywhere close to this.

Brooklyn better hope they get Deron And Dwight or this franchise is going nowhere for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time.

Meh.. Maybe a little but IF Nets are to get D12 and keep Williams and want to contend with Likes of the HEat need a Wing Defender like Wallace. Plus its not like he is already 32 or 33 getting a 4 year deal. Now Question is there any possible way Nets have a lineup of Dwill, JJ, Wallace and D12 next season ???

goddamit. Billy King doing everything to make Otis look good.

damn. this is a franchise with a very bright future being ****ed over by dumb ****.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

lol who told u that??

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    if you lookup the provision on waiving players when you sign them, its a bad contract. im a knick fan, i know.

Banned

Nets could have signed Andrei Kirlenko for less than this and he probably would have done just as good a job as Crash. This wreaks of a) damage control for potentially bailing on that #6 pick only to have Wallace bail and sign elsewhere for more money and b) a panic move to show Williams that they're willing to spend and spend now to give him an adequate cast.

I've been a Gerald Wallace fan since he was drafted... but this contract stinks to high heaven, particularly if Brooklyn plans to absorb that nightmare Joe Johnson contract.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    if you lookup the provision on waiving players when you sign them, its a bad contract. im a knick fan, i know.
    It is what it is

Sometimes you gotta pay if you want to be competitive.
    Wallace is a Great SF who Nets needed badly after Outlaw, Shawne Williams, Stevenson being our starting SF.

His contract can be traded later on, sizable expirers are great trade pieces.