Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Which new smartphone do I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Why would you want a high-end phone, only if you're using the basic phone functions?
    Why wouldn't I??

If i use a product multiple times a day, every day, for at least two years, I want it to be top-of-the-line now so that in a year or two its not completely obsolete or outdated.

Plus in terms of the price point, it looks like i'd be spending $175-$200 on the high-end models (with activation contract, but also will be less considering promotions)..... vs. $75-$100 for a mid-level phone. Whats $100 extra for something I use every day?

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Why wouldn't I??

If i use a product multiple times a day, every day, for at least two years, I want it to be top-of-the-line now so that in a year or two its not completely obsolete or outdated.

Plus in terms of the price point, it looks like i'd be spending $175-$200 on the high-end models (with activation contract, but also will be less considering promotions)..... vs. $75-$100 for a mid-level phone. Whats $100 extra for something I use every day?
    Wouldn't you be spending a bunch of money on the data plan as well?

Anyways, as I said on the first or second page, I've used the iPhone 5, HTC One, and the S3. I'd take the HTC One.

I'm thinking of getting a blackberry but i find the media perception of BB interesting. Their Hub and preview notifications should give them more pub then they've been getting, heck their OS form what i understand is pretty good as well.. Is the lack of apps really that important to people???? I mean sure it is a concern but I'm not aware of people who use that many apps in their daily lives.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Wouldn't you be spending a bunch of money on the data plan as well?

Anyways, as I said on the first or second page, I've used the iPhone 5, HTC One, and the S3. I'd take the HTC One.
    As far as I know, the difference in usage on the actual data plan is nominal between phones.... and I'm on a family plan so increased data usage isn't going to be an issue.

The HTC one definitely caught my attention, but the specs on the digital camera wrecked it for me.

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5s ordered and it should ship tomorrow. I was tempted to go with a Galaxy because of its superior camera and customizable operating system and all that.... but in the end I currently am on Android and have done little to make it "my own" so iPhone it is.

The best one... Samsung Galaxy S4... or if you are willing, Samsung Galaxy Note III (Note II wouldnt be bad either)...

A couple of smartphones have speed, quality, has everything & can do everything top notch just like the new Galaxies..... but once you feel & use that sleek, epic, massive display you will never look at another phone again... i mean, you aint gona just use the phone for.. only phoning.... so that display size & graphics dont matter? You will be surfing, playing, watching videos etc... it does matter...

I have an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4... iphone 5 feels just like my iphone 4s imo, didnt really feel like i upgraded... but with the Galaxy S4 i did, big time...
    Last edited by pauk; 10-27-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    As far as I know, the difference in usage on the actual data plan is nominal between phones.... and I'm on a family plan so increased data usage isn't going to be an issue.

The HTC one definitely caught my attention, but the specs on the digital camera wrecked it for me.

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5s ordered and it should ship tomorrow. I was tempted to go with a Galaxy because of its superior camera and customizable operating system and all that.... but in the end I currently am on Android and have done little to make it "my own" so iPhone it is.
    They are 4 ULTRA Pixels. It's a great camera on the phone, has nothing to do with megapixels.

Check the comparison http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdcdNpnLG4

Cameras are around the 12 minute mark.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    i mean, you aint gona just use the phone for.. only phoning.... so that display size & graphics dont matter? You will be surfing, playing, watching videos etc... it does matter...
    Unless of course you don't use it for gaming or videos.... in which case a 5" display isn't a game changer

I'm thinking of getting a Z10 or the Xperia Z... just trying to decide whether or not I want to go back to Android fully.

I know the camera is nicer on the Sony but I'm really intrigued by the BB10 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I'm thinking of getting a Z10 or the Xperia Z... just trying to decide whether or not I want to go back to Android fully.

I know the camera is nicer on the Sony but I'm really intrigued by the BB10 OS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUgOgMCKXqs

Camera has some good points, but also some bad ones.

BTW iphone's battery life ranks as the worst out of comparable phones

http://bgr.com/2013/11/05/iphone-5s-...fe-comparison/

[QUOTE]2:35 PM
    The iPhone 5s might be one of the most powerful smartphones on the market, but that power comes at a price. Which? Tech Daily tested eight flagship handsets to determine which phone had the longest battery life during calls and while browsing the Internet and Apple

no disrespect to technology but what are all these buttons? I can't go anywhere, all these kids have camera cell phones