Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Home opener thread

Imma just record my thoughts here.

Deng's first possession he cuts...and scores easily.

Default Re: Home opener thread

Deng cut to the rim to get an easy layup off a nice Noah pass. Fantastic.

And somehow Tyson got a midrange shot over Boozer.

Deng with a driving hook!!

He reads ISH.

I appreciate Rose's confidence, but dude has got to slow down and let the game come to him. His ultra aggressive play his hurting the team.

More cutting by the team in general which is leading to scoring. but Deng is 4 of 4 on cuts so far.

Rose comes through big time, as always. He clearly has many hurdles at this point, but let there be no doubt, this guy loves nothing more than that challenge.

Boozer has been surprisingly good. That's very encouraging. This season is fun already, all around.

What hurdles do you see other than timing, conditioning, and rhythm?

I think he needs to make more of a defensive impact while his offense is still being polished. Someone with his speed and strength should have1.5+ steals a game.

Honestly I feel like Rose trying to shake off the rust hurt. He went 2-9 for the first half for a reason. Then he got warm in the third,which is when the team was pulling away because Boozer was doing well at the same time, there was some good defense and offensive rebounding. Before going ice cold for the next 17:50 Personally I think that the reason why he started out so great in 2011 was he was letting the game come to him. I can't really prove anything except to say he had some fantastic games before he started getting injured that year, but yeah.

Defensively I feel like he's getting there slowly and was definitely better than against Miami, but when guys go around him he gets burned, which is natural. Your ACL is what gives you your lateral motion. So I think that's why his defense has been less than stellar. I think in a few weeks that'll change and he won't get burned by Felton a couple times, or Cole won't break his ankles. He was never very good at defense anyway aside from shot blocking at his position, but right now he's looking like Nash out there.
    Last edited by Rose; 11-01-2013 at 11:00 AM.

I think that's kinda unfair...I mean Steph Curry scored 36 on Paul and people aren't criticizing his d today.

Felton went 5-14...not exactly a stellar night.

And Cole did not break his ankles he jumped left anticipating the pick and tripped over Birdman.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I think that's kinda unfair...I mean Steph Curry scored 36 on Paul and people aren't criticizing his d today.

Felton went 5-14...not exactly a stellar night.

And Cole did not break his ankles he jumped left anticipating the pick and tripped over Birdman.
    But Paul also scored 40+ pts had 15 asst and his team won. If rose can start playing like he played in the 3rd qtr of the Knicks game he will be fine but avg 4 asst a game will not cut it if you are suppose to be an elite PG. Also, boozer should get at least 12-15 shots a game and be more of a focal point seeing that butler, deng and noah cant really create their own shots.

Quote Originally Posted by drwax26
    But Paul also scored 40+ pts had 15 asst and his team won. If rose can start playing like he played in the 3rd qtr of the Knicks game he will be fine but avg 4 asst a game will not cut it if you are suppose to be an elite PG. Also, boozer should get at least 12-15 shots a game and be more of a focal point seeing that butler, deng and noah cant really create their own shots.
    I think part of the blame is Thibs and Rose's teammates. While Thibs is one of the best defensive tacticians ever, his offensive sets are not the great. Lot's of isolations and a ton of high pick and rolls.
    Deng, I felt is one of the very few who moves well without the ball. Rose is looking like Kobe in a sense that he holds on to the ball waay to long, while his teammates esp Butler looks on and tries to get out of Rose's way.

Quote Originally Posted by drwax26
    Again, having 43 point sis awesome, but not as awesome when your man has 36. Paul can jus lob the ball to Griffin and Jordan. When is the last time Booz or Noah caught a lob? This is Rose's second game in over 500 days..)I'm no worried yet....I don't think you ca fault him for or haunt asssts when his shooters aren't hitting wide open shots.

Excuse my typos

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I think part of the blame is Thibs and Rose's teammates. While Thibs is one of the best defensive tacticians ever, his offensive sets are not the great. Lot's of isolations and a ton of high pick and rolls.
    Deng, I felt is one of the very few who moves well without the ball. Rose is looking like Kobe in a sense that he holds on to the ball waay to long, while his teammates esp Butler looks on and tries to get out of Rose's way.
    Deng is good at cutting to the basket. We need butler as well to be more assertive. Last year without rose he would create a little bit more. I agree too much of everyone standing around and looking at Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Again, having 43 point sis awesome, but not as awesome when your man has 36. Paul can jus lob the ball to Griffin and Jordan. When is the last time Booz or Noah caught a lob? This is Rose's second game in over 500 days..)I'm no worried yet....I don't think you ca fault him for or haunt asssts when his shooters aren't hitting wide open shots.
    The illusion of CP3 being a good defender is he has quick hands and gets a lot of steals as he is usually top 5 in the league every year in steals. Typically he is too small and slow to really defend athletic PGs. I am not worried about Rose I just think when rose is not having a good shooting night he has to be able to affect the game in other ways mainly with his passing. Bulls as a team do need to hit more 3s. I would love to see rose start taking more midrange shots and less 3 pointers. He should only take 3 pointers when he is wide open like the first two possessions of the second half in the knicks game.