Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    read the whole thread smart guy.

BTW Spoon almost never shot threes so your opinion is limited in value
    Maybe he has Spoon confused with Sam Perkins?

for the record I remember Spoon well as a Sixer, I still cant get the image of those ugly rainbow unis out of my head.

All rookie second team (typical for end of the bench fodder?)
    finisher on the break (typical for a fat tub of lard hun Ced?)
    Great rebounder
    Active defender who blocked shots
    post up or penetrate
    not a 3 point threat though, but at 6'7" 270 you want him in the middle
    So you are saying he was an explosive finsher on the break (dunker), great rebounder (put back shots), post up or penetrate (bulldoze to score).

Exactally what I said. And All Rookie 2nd team? Big whoop. Didn't Khalid Reeves make an all rookie 2nd team? He's certainly not bench fodder.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Maybe he has Spoon confused with Sam Perkins?
    Full props for bringing Big Smooth into the conversation

Love it

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
    So you are saying he was an explosive finsher on the break (dunker), great rebounder (put back shots), post up or penetrate (bulldoze to score).

Exactally what I said. And All Rookie 2nd team? Big whoop. Didn't Khalid Reeves make an all rookie 2nd team? He's certainly not bench fodder.
    K Reeves didnt play 15 seasons did he?

So what you are saying is you gotta shoot jumpers to be a scorer, and if you dont you arent? 18ppg twice and 15ppg twice isnt enough they have to fall through the hoop a certain way?

Quote Originally Posted by Salto Morale
    Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.
    Spoon range didnt exceed 18 feet. He had a jumper, usually on the baseline squared up. He was more of a low post player. Get it down low, up and unders, incorporated a baby hook. He was good at baiting a player and being able to get his shot off downlow dispite his small size. He was a MONSTER on the glass because he boxed out well and had the will to get the board. Like most rebounders seem to have. But the label of mr nice guy, it seemed he bought into it because for some reason he started to play less aggressive and nasty and more passive. Didnt box out, challenge shots, often caught out of position on defense.

His life outside of a Sixer (where he had 4 productive years and was a double double monster) he became a quality veteran role player off the bench. Came in and did the little things.

You dont remember crap very well because Spoon having a monster 3pt shot never existed idiot.
    Last edited by GOBB; 07-09-2006 at 02:27 PM.

K Reeves did play 15 seasons did he?

So what you are saying is you gotta shoot jumpers to be a scorer, and if you dont you arent?
    Scrapy scorer, makes some baskets from hustling.

Reevs didnt play 15 seasons, but you are talking about Weatherspoon as a rookie, and how 2nd team all rookie is a huge accomplishment.

To be a scorer you need go to moves. Shaq has his baby hook, and a variety of drop steps and spins. Even Ceballos and Jamison (two players renouned for never seeming to have plays set up for them) have some go to moves. Weatherspoon has nothing.

I'd like to hear you and GOBB give a description of his offensive moves.

They wouldn't have to if you had actually seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Spoon range didnt exceed 18 feet. He had a jumper, usually on the baseline squared up. He was more of a low post player. Get it down low, up and unders, incorporated a baby hook. He was good at baiting a player and being able to get his shot off downlow dispite his small size. He was a MONSTER on the glass because he boxed out well and had the will to get the board. Like most rebounders seem to have. But the label of mr nice guy, it seemed he bought into it because for some reason he started to play less aggressive and nasty and more passive. Didnt box out, challenge shots, often caught out of position on defense.

His life outside of a Sixer (where he had 4 productive years and was a double double monster) he became a quality veteran role player off the bench. Came in and did the little things.

You dont remember crap very well because Spoon having a monster 3pt shot never existed idiot.
    Finally, and here we have pretty much what I've ben saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    They wouldn't have to if you had actually seen him play.
    I have seen him play. Just not with the 76ers that I can recall.

The best thing about this all is the fact that I am getting "roasted" for my lack of viewing history, but I'm quite happy not to spend 3 hours a day watching TV like most of you must have to be able to have any sort of analytical skills on NBA players. I'm glad I actually play basketbal land get to keep fit, instead of lying on the sofa eating doritos like you folk.

Scrapy scorer, makes some baskets from hustling.

Reevs didnt play 15 seasons, but you are talking about Weatherspoon as a rookie, and how 2nd team all rookie is a huge accomplishment.

To be a scorer you need go to moves. Shaq has his baby hook, and a variety of drop steps and spins. Even Ceballos and Jamison (two players renouned for never seeming to have plays set up for them) have some go to moves. Weatherspoon has nothing.

To be a scorer? He avg 18 twice.

He had up and unders, he was great at getting position downlow and had soft hands important to recieve the pass. He knew how to score downlow, finish. He could also step outside and hit the jumper. Wasnt consistent, money but he had it in his arsenal. You dont have 4yrs of avg over 15ppg and not have an offensive game. You dont have 4yrs of avg over 15ppg and not be known as a SCORER. You do know Spoon was a good defender as well right? Wait you never saw him play.

This is WHY i didnt feel the need for me to break down spoons game because you will sit there like the stubborn MULE, heeee hawww heee hawww that you are and ignore it. You dont care how anyone breakdowns spoon. Your retarded mind is made up on what he WAS even tho you admit you never saw him play at all. This is meaningless replying to you.

Nice job calling Salto in here to get himself embarrassed. Like old times.

NBA Superstar

Ced crashed his Escalade into a parked car driving drunk while watching a Sixers game from the early nineties on ESPN Classic just as Clarence Weatherspoon got his 6'10" defender off his feet with a nice up and under move on a pass from hersey hawkins finished with a soft touch off the glass and knocked down the FT to collect the three point play.

Finally, and here we have pretty much what I've ben saying.
    You said NONE OF THAT. Go back and REREAD the crap you wrote. You sat there and wrote about Spoon during his last 2yrs in the NBA then BASED everything you saw those 2yrs as Spoon's game. You didnt see Spoon in his prime. You saw Spoon on his way OUT. So dont go telling me Spoon had no offensive game idiot because he did.

Ced crashed his Escalade into a parked car driving drunk while watching a Sixers game from the early nineties on ESPN Classic just as Clarence Weatherspoon got his 6'10" defender off his feet with a nice up and under move on a pass from hersey hawkins finished with a soft touch off the glass and knocked down the FT to collect the three point play.

Where is Salto the idiot? Get in here and apologize to me and JoTo.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You said NONE OF THAT. Go back and REREAD the crap you wrote. You sat there and wrote about Spoon during his last 2yrs in the NBA then BASED everything you saw those 2yrs as Spoon's game. You didnt see Spoon in his prime. You saw Spoon on his way OUT. So dont go telling me Spoon had no offensive game idiot because he did.
    Up and under and an inconsistent jumpshot? LOL. You call that an offensive game?

I have seen him play. Just not with the 76ers that I can recall.

The best thing about this all is the fact that I am getting "roasted" for my lack of viewing history, but I'm quite happy not to spend 3 hours a day watching TV like most of you must have to be able to have any sort of analytical skills on NBA players. I'm glad I actually play basketbal land get to keep fit, instead of lying on the sofa eating doritos like you folk.
    I'm glad that you're in such good shape. Unfortunately, you still don't know anything about basketball. Oh, and I'm more likely to eat a Cheetos/SunChips combo than Doritos.

Didn't you put me on ignore?