Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default OT: Eagles acquire Donte Stallworth

He filled in well for Joe Horn in New Orleans, so the Eagles are hoping Donte' Stallworth can fill some big shoes in Philadelphia.

On Monday, the Eagles acquired the veteran wide receiver from the Saints for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007 and linebacker Mark Simoneau. The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new teams.

Stallworth caught a career-high 70 passes last season for 945 yards and seven touchdowns. The Saints' top receiver, Horn, missed a number of games with a hamstring injury, forcing New Orleans to look for alternatives. Stallworth stepped up, but with the return of Horn and the arrival of Saints first-round pick Reggie Bush -- who is expected to get plenty of touches -- the five-year veteran out of Tennessee became expendable.

He'll be counted on for plenty in Philadelphia, which has been searching for a reliable receiver since Terrell Owens was broke his leg last December. In the offseason, the controversial Owens was moved, ending up in Dallas. The Eagles' depth chart lists Todd Pinkston, who missed all of 2005 with a torn Achilles, and second-year player Reggie Brown as the starting wide receivers.

Simoneau is a seven-year veteran out of Kansas State.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564338

I usually hit open layups 9spurs's Avatar

Good news for the Eagles

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

DAMNIT, that leaves only Branch for the Vikings to take a shot at, but that downs Reggie Brown's fantasy stock quite a bit.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

now mcnabb has someone to throw to besides "the peoples champ".

Superstar

great pickup by the eagles..thats their #1 WR i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    great pickup by the eagles..thats their #1 WR i suppose
    It's a good pick up but when you actually say it out loud you can't help bit chuckle a lil bit.

The Eagles #1 WR is Donte Stallworth.

Default ...

I'm not so sure Donte is our #1. I think that role might be Reggie Browns. He knows the offense better and him and McNabb got all that practice together during off-season. Hey, I remember 2 or 3 seasons ago Donte wasn't even starting for the saints. Was he injured that season? I know he was returning kicks at the end of the season.

This seems like a "cheap" move by the Eagles. It's good, but we could have got better (Lelie, Walker, Branch).

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

If Donte Stallworth is your #1 Wide Reciever then you are in huge trouble. He has blazing speed but none of the characteristics that make a reciever great.

Serious playground baller

Stallworth has great speed and nothing else...Pinkston is better than Stallworth

Reggie Brown is the Eagles #1 WR, not Stallworth! And Stallworth has talent and can do what Todd Stinkston FAILED to do. Stallworth role as an Eagle will be exactly what Todd did as an Eagle. He's definately gonna take it deep, post routes. Its a great pickup considering what they would have been left with had they NOT gone after a WR.

I hear NE is asking for 2 first round picks for Deion. Truth?

Todd Pinkston hasnt recovered from his injury. Undrafted rookie free agent has been a plesant surprise among the Eagles brass, staff but he is unproven and going into a season with Baskett as your #2 is scary. Stallworth gives the Eagles stability. I love the deal, didnt give up much for him. He's better then Lelie and under Javon Walker (whom I wanted).

Problems with Stallworth? Guys drops alot of passes, inconsistent and just needs to MATURE as a WR. Comig off his best season I think he could find himself in a great situation. And being in a contract year may give him even more inscentive to produce. Anyone saying Pinkston is BETTER then Stallworth isnt very bright.

Eagles are good to go.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Dude is fassst, but he has a huge case of the dropsies. When he's on his game though he can really stretch that field in the slot.

Great pick up. I feel like Brown and Greg Lewis are nice already for the Eagles, don't like Pinkston too much he's a *****. But Donovan is such a great QB, that I feel they have enough quality receivers to make their offense work, especially in the West Coast.

The Eagles are going to surprise this year, Donovan IMO is the best QB in the league. And their defense looks like its back to form.

They don't have a great number 1, maybe Brown or someone else will emerge. But with their QB and their coaching and offensive style, their offense definately has enough really good receivers to go with Westbrook and LJ Smith to make their offense strong.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 08-28-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Great pick up. I feel like Brown and Greg Lewis are nice already for the Eagles, as Donovan is such a great QB, that I feel they have enough quality receivers to make their offense work, especially in the West Coast.

The Eagles are going to surprise this year, Donovan IMO is the best QB in the league. And their defense looks like its back to form.

DL is straight and the depth they have is damn good! Just a bit leary on the OLB's. We got the axe man in the middle but on the outside? Ehhh

Darren Howard will make clipse eat his phucking words! GUy is gonna have a big year. This DL is ready to kick ass, take names and make that DB look like the pro bowl secondary it once was for the most part.

On a some what side note do people now agree with me that the Saints will stink again this season? Even though they have the Greatest RB Ever to Play Football in Reggie Bush.

Superstar

who were the eagles WRs before they got TO. exactly..their WR core right now is better..and back then they made it to 3 straight nfc championship games. and mcnabb has shown hes capapable of leading a team. eagles wont be disappointing.

probably an 11-5 or 12-4 record sounds right. #5 for mvp possibly