Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 (PS3)

Default Diablo 3 (PS3)

My friend and I have a nice arrangement where we alternate buying games we're both interested in on the PSN Store and then allow the other to download it onto their PS3 as well. This time, he picked up a game he loved before his computer shit the bed...Diablo 3. I've never played a Diablo game, nor any MMORPG for that matter...I personally don't like controls on a keyboard, so it's stopped me from playing games like WoW or Diablo, even though the concept sounds appealing. I went on a quest with him (he picked a monk, me, a wizard) and had a lot of fun with it. Has anyone here really played through the PC version? If so, am I in for a good game? And let me know if anyone else is planning on getting it, I could use some more questmates.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Default Re: Diablo 3 (PS3)

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    My friend and I have a nice arrangement where we alternate buying games we're both interested in on the PSN Store and then allow the other to download it onto their PS3 as well. This time, he picked up a game he loved before his computer shit the bed...Diablo 3. I've never played a Diablo game, nor any MMORPG for that matter...I personally don't like controls on a keyboard, so it's stopped me from playing games like WoW or Diablo, even though the concept sounds appealing. I went on a quest with him (he picked a monk, me, a wizard) and had a lot of fun with it. Has anyone here really played through the PC version? If so, am I in for a good game? And let me know if anyone else is planning on getting it, I could use some more questmates.
    I've beaten it on the highest difficulty on PC and I picked it up to play with friends on PS3 since they have crappy computers. I'm down to go through with you if you want. PSN is rlass026.

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    I've beaten it on the highest difficulty on PC and I picked it up to play with friends on PS3 since they have crappy computers. I'm down to go through with you if you want. PSN is rlass026.
    Nice, I'll add you when I jump on tonight. My PSN is jhajj3. I'm loving D3, btw, such an addicting game.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Nice, I'll add you when I jump on tonight. My PSN is jhajj3. I'm loving D3, btw, such an addicting game.
    Yea I'll probably be on again later after football. I just hit 31.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

How long is this game?

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    How long is this game?
    You should beat normal difficulty in about 30 hours, maybe less. But It takes about 60+ to beat inferno depending on how lucky you get. If you look at this game as a sequel to Diablo 2, story wise you will absolutely hate it but as an action rpg with a ton of loot it's very fun and has solid combat. They did streamline most of the skills but the console version fixed itemization for the most part. Everything I've crafted or had drop has been way more useful than it was on pc. I could make like 10 straight expensive items on PC and get 0 that were good for my class but so far on PS3 I'd say 75%+ of what I make is good for me which is a nice change.

You should beat normal difficulty in about 30 hours, maybe less. But It takes about 60+ to beat inferno depending on how lucky you get[/B]..
    Thirty hours because it's that long or do sidequests add to this hour count? Sixty hours for inferno.....is that because you die so much and have to re-do sections?

What happens if you want to play with someone online and your levels are very different?

I'm a newbie to Diablo and I'm really considering getting this 3rd one. Thanks.

Thirty hours because it's that long or do sidequests add to this hour count? Sixty hours for inferno.....is that because you die so much and have to re-do sections?

What happens if you want to play with someone online and your levels are very different?

I'm a newbie to Diablo and I'm really considering getting this 3rd one. Thanks.
    Because you die a lot on inferno. But I just mean 60 hours to fully beat the game, not just inferno.

You can join any friends game if you're close in level I believe. I haven't tried while being more than 5 levels or so higher though.

I'd be willing to start a new character if you do get it.

You should beat normal difficulty in about 30 hours, maybe less. But It takes about 60+ to beat inferno depending on how lucky you get. If you look at this game as a sequel to Diablo 2, story wise you will absolutely hate it but as an action rpg with a ton of loot it's very fun and has solid combat. They did streamline most of the skills but the console version fixed itemization for the most part. Everything I've crafted or had drop has been way more useful than it was on pc. I could make like 10 straight expensive items on PC and get 0 that were good for my class but so far on PS3 I'd say 75%+ of what I make is good for me which is a nice change.
    I never played the PC version, but I hear the drops you get for the console version blow the PC version away. I guess it was because of the lack of an auction house, but every time I play, I get at least 1 legendary item. I've got a ring on that makes a Treasure Goblin appear every 15 minutes, so that helps a lot too. The amount of loot they throw at you makes it a ridiculously addictive game. What level are you at? My Wizard's a 42, and is going to make a sick jump in stats once I can use my level 44 crafted items. I keep on forgetting to add you, I'll send you a request tonight.

As far as playing with players with a big difference in level, I'm not too sure, but I think it depends on the level and difficulty you're on more than anything. When my brother (level 23) plays on the stage I play on, he dies a ton, but gets a lot of experience and I notice a little jump in rare/legendary drops. When I play on his, I get next to no experience and I don't think we've ever gotten a rare drop.

I'm sitting at 34 playing on Nightmare with the 3rd highest difficulty but I haven't played in a few days. I was waiting for some people to catch up to me but I'll probably get up to 40 this weekend.

Code are you the guy who added me today?

I'm sitting at 34 playing on Nightmare with the 3rd highest difficulty but I haven't played in a few days. I was waiting for some people to catch up to me but I'll probably get up to 40 this weekend.
    Yeah, that was me. I'm at 58 right now, playing on Hell. Was getting my ass kicked until I got a 1k damage sword, and now I think I'm around 40k dps and 55k vitality.

.....and I'm just starting out at level 1.

.....and I'm just starting out at level 1.
    You'll get up quickly...it's only been two weeks, and aside a couple of marathon sessions, it didn't take me too long to hit level 60. I'm just trying to figure out what to do now that I've gotten there.

Love Live Life

I played the demo of this on 360 for the first time and it's decent. I kinda like it