Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Rumor: 3 Team Trade (CLE-MIN-DET): CLE get #2 too

via Chris Broussard twitter

@Chris_Broussard Cavs would then draft Kyrie No. 1 and Derrick Williams No. 2. Nothing imminent but trade us being discussed by the teams. 7 minutes ago

@Chris_Broussard Cavs absorb Rip Hamilton into 14.6 mill trade exception & get Det's 8th pick. Cavs send 4th & 8th picks to Minny for 2nd pick 8 minutes ago

@Chris_Broussard Cavs, Pistons, Twolves discussing 3-team trade that would give Cavs 1st & 2nd picks, sources say. 11 minutes ago
    Damn pretty good for all sides. Hopefully Cleveland buys out Rip.

good move for all sides, but does it really take #8 to dump RIP? I'd have to think Detroit would ask for one of Minny's late picks.

Default Re: Rumor: 3 Team Trade (CLE-MIN-DET): CLE get #2 too

This great for Minny and Cleveland IMO. They both get the two players that fit their needs. Derrick Williams with Kryrie in Cleveland is amazing for the Cavs and Minny will probably draft either Kanter or Valanuncias or Biyombo along with a SG like Burks.

Detroit it's kind of iffy, but if moving RIP puts them under the cap it could work out, although with all this talk about an amnesty clause wouldn't they be better off just waiting... then again, they have other big contracts they could use it on (BG or Villenueva)

French Toast Mafia Sterlingsucks's Avatar

Not a bad trade at all, RIP would get to start and get his shots they would have a good squad minus the 5 spot but im sure they will find a way to unload Twan's contract for a big. Not bad Cleveland. Minny though....WTF are you thinking ! more young players...IDK maybe Kanter and a SG or the project Bimoyo just incase they cant resign Randolph. Detroit makes out since they have RIP, Ben and Charlie V killing the cap and Stucky bout to get paid too

Great trade for cleveland

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It isn't so much that I mind this deal... At all.

However, I think I would rather keep Picks 1, 4 and 8 over trading 4 and 8 for 2. There is an outside chance that Williams could fall to us at 4, anyway. If he doesn't, we more than likely will have Kanter, since all reports seem to be that Utah is taking Knight.

If we also had the No. 8 pick, we could get Alec Burks.

To me, Irving, Kanter, Burks > Irving, Williams

...and we still have a shot at Williams with No. 4.

So, give me that Rip Hamilton salary for No. 8, but forget about trading it.

Btw, Gilbert is not f#cking around. He basically bought the No. 1 pick for Baron's massive contract. Now, he is looking at doing this by spending more money. I love having an owner that isn't afraid to take on huge salaries to improve the roster.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 05-28-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
    Not a bad trade at all, RIP would get to start and get his shots they would have a good squad minus the 5 spot but im sure they will find a way to unload Twan's contract for a big. Not bad Cleveland. Minny though....WTF are you thinking ! more young players...IDK maybe Kanter and a SG or the project Bimoyo just incase they cant resign Randolph. Detroit makes out since they have RIP, Ben and Charlie V killing the cap and Stucky bout to get paid too
    I actually think it isn't bad for Minny because DWill is obviously the #2 guy and they have no need for him, and they would've probably drafted Kanter #2 anyways, so he'll most likely be there at #4 (and if not, they can get Valanucias or Biyombo) along with #8 (a SG like Burks would be perfect). They could end up with 2 starters if they do pick well (a C and SG)

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I actually think it isn't bad for Minny because DWill is obviously the #2 guy and they have no need for him, and they would've probably drafted Kanter #2 anyways, so he'll most likely be there at #4 (and if not, they can get Valanucias or Biyombo) along with #8 (a SG like Burks would be perfect). They could end up with 2 starters if they do pick well (a C and SG)
    It's a very good deal for Minny. They are looking at probably Kanter/Burks instead of Williams. I like that a lot.

Burks can ball just needs to work on his Jumper imo, BUT that is what Minny does not need..yea Kanter and Burks would be great for any team who is not the T-Wolves...at what point do you continue to stock in young men instead of putting vets around them? thats what Im looking at...Young teams will be good down the line BUT being a Clipper fan I know exactly what happens to young guys...they leave to get paid ! since the management wont extend their contracts. I hope it works out for them though I like the young guys they have on their squad

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    This great for Minny and Cleveland IMO. They both get the two players that fit their needs. Derrick Williams with Kryrie in Cleveland is amazing for the Cavs and Minny will probably draft either Kanter or Valanuncias or Biyombo along with a SG like Burks.

Detroit it's kind of iffy, but if moving RIP puts them under the cap it could work out, although with all this talk about an amnesty clause wouldn't they be better off just waiting... then again, they have other big contracts they could use it on (BG or Villenueva)
    Good analysis and I totally agree.

Detroit's fans should be livid if this goes down. Hamilton's deal sucks, but they need talent at every position, with Monroe being the only guy on the team who's a definite keeper, and he's still not good enough to be top three guy on an elite team. Why do they need cap space so bad right now anyways? Lebron James or someone isn't going to save them and they really should be focused on acquiring guys in their early 20s now, since someone who's a free agent now will be over the hill by the time the team is good again (which will be at least another three years). Besides, if they wait a year, Rip "Awful Untradeable Contract" Hamilton becomes Rip "Big Expiring Contract To a Player Who Can Contribute" Hamilton.

Burks can ball just needs to work on his Jumper imo, BUT that is what Minny does not need..yea Kanter and Burks would be great for any team who is not the T-Wolves...at what point do you continue to stock in young men instead of putting vets around them? thats what Im looking at...Young teams will be good down the line BUT being a Clipper fan I know exactly what happens to young guys...they leave to get paid ! since the management wont extend their contracts. I hope it works out for them though I like the young guys they have on their squad
    Minnesota faces the same problem as the Clippers and the Cavs... Attracting the elite FAs is very difficult. Minnesota is not good enough to simply add mediocre veterans and be a contender. Are Beasley, Love, Flynn and maybe Rubio (if he ever comes over) really the guys that are going to develop into the kind of dominant players that you need to be an elite team, even if you surround them with a bunch of veterans?

I don't think so... Yes, they have a lot of young guys, but still no Durant or Griffin-esque elite young guys. Taking a couple more shots at stumbing into one of those kind of young guys isn't really a bad thing.

Great. Dumping a lottery pick and player for an exception that won't be used.

IDK If Minny got a SG they would be good and a center. Love, Randolph and Beasley are good players, so is Wesley Johnson and Rubio (no body knows) Flynn had a good rookie year then fell off but should bounce back..guys like Nick Young or RIP could do wonders for that team imo

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It isn't so much that I mind this deal... At all.

However, I think I would rather keep Picks 1, 4 and 8 over trading 4 and 8 for 2. There is an outside chance that Williams could fall to us at 4, anyway. If he doesn't, we more than likely will have Kanter, since all reports seem to be that Utah is taking Knight.

If we also had the No. 8 pick, we could get Alec Burks.

To me, Irving, Kanter, Burks > Irving, Williams

...and we still have a shot at Williams with No. 4.

So, give me that Rip Hamilton salary for No. 8, but forget about trading it.

Btw, Gilbert is not f#cking around. He basically bought the No. 1 pick for Baron's massive contract. Now, he is looking at doing this by spending more money. I love having an owner that isn't afraid to take on huge salaries to improve the roster.
    yup me 2. Kyrie,Kanter,Burcs = 1,4,8. Williams could still be there at 4

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    yup me 2. Kyrie,Kanter,Burcs = 1,4,8. Williams could still be there at 4
    ...or even Kawhi Leonard at 8, who I think is going to be an elite defensive wing (exactly what we need). We have so many more options keeping the 1, 4, and 8.

If Williams falls to us at 4, we end up with Irving, Williams, Burks.

If Kanter falls to us at 4, we end up with Irving, Kanter, Leonard.

Damn... that looks great.

IDK If Minny got a SG they would be good and a center. Love, Randolph and Beasley are good players, so is Wesley Johnson and Rubio (no body knows) Flynn had a good rookie year then fell off but should bounce back..guys like Nick Young or RIP could do wonders for that team imo
    Forgot about Randolph. Even still, I think they are best off getting as many picks as they can in this draft (it is clear they don't need Williams) and then decide which of these young guys that they want to keep.

The ones that they feel are moveable, attempt to add veterans that way. It is never a bad thing to have a wealth of young talent... Whether for your future or for trade bait.