Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: New iPhones 5 C/S

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Well that's my point. They are trying to get a marketshare in emerging markets like India and China but will never at that price point. The Samsung Mini S4 is in the $400 range which people are saying is bit high.

I bought my S3 on Ebay last year (new) for $400. I'm gonna keep it for a while.
    You don't know their price point or strategy in those countries yet. This is just US. It's not related.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

I don't do contracts.
    my niggah

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    my niggah

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You don't know their price point or strategy in those countries yet. This is just US. It's not related.
    Maybe but:

The iPhone 5C is priced at $99 for 16GB and $199 for the 32 GB version, both on a two year contract in the US. The iPhone 5C is expected to be priced at around Rs. 35,000 in India.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/1887...e-and-features

Seems like price will be the same

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    my niggah
    Boozer knows whats up.

Oh, I almost forgot: In before Droid people take over the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Customization and rooting > simplicity

deal with it.

[COLOR="White"]Just kidding, who argues about phones anyways?[/COLOR]

I don't mind Apple, hell I'm typing from a MBA. But they haven't had a creative idea in years. Looks like the market agrees.

shhhhhhh

I love my 4-s too. I'm gonna wait until I download the new OS on 9/18 to see if I want any more of an upgrade.
    me too.

I have a hard time justifying a new phone because my 4S has and is still working perfectly

I don't mind Apple, hell I'm typing from a MBA. But they haven't had a creative idea in years. Looks like the market agrees.
    What kind of creative is everyone looking for though? What do people call creative these days?

I mean, the fingerprint scanner is the first of it's kind on a smartphone, yet everybody is saying Apple is not innovative because the 5S didn't get a bigger screen or it wasn't an all new Iphone 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    What kind of creative is everyone looking for though? What do people call creative these days?

I mean, the fingerprint scanner is the first of it's kind on a smartphone, yet everybody is saying Apple is not innovative because the 5S didn't get a bigger screen or it wasn't an all new Iphone 6.
    Something new. The thing about Apple under Jobs was they showed us something that we didn't know we wanted...and then made us want and sometimes even need it.

Pre-iPod all the other mp3 players failed and since then most people have an iPod or at the very least an mp3 player of some sort.

iPhone- not a lot of people had a smartphone, and nobody had an app store. People were fine with "dumbphones" almost everyone has one now.

iPad-tablets had been tried and failed off and on for a decade or so before the iPad took off. Now tons of people have one.

Hell even the Air line created an offshoot of tons of copycats.

People are ready for the next big thing. Apple has become so...responsive to the market it's sad. I mean seriously iOS 7 looks nice, but...it's an Android OS if you went by the looks. Even Ive's designs are finally starting to not be as good. Which I thought I'd never say since the guys been changing the design of the market since 97? 97? something like that whenever the first iMac came out with colored monitors and then HP did it, dell, etc etc.

No TV, no iWatch, hell even the AppleTV could have a bitching upgrade and become the hands down best media player. But oh yeah it's just getting a chromecast like software upgrade.

And before this phone there was a reason to upgrade almost every time a new one came out. Starting with the 3GS you had 3G, the 4 had retina display, 4S Siri, 5 had a bigger screen and a twice as fast processor. Apple was supposed to have the next two years of products planned out before Steve died. And we're at that point now and yeah...it's not pretty. Shit a fingerprint sensor is supposed to make me upgrade? **** that. Especially when it's not NFC-enabled (yet)

tl;dr Jobs death has finally caught up.

Clouds yeah!

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

So it has more power (64 bit processor)
    Better power efficiency (better battery life)
    Superior camera (perhaps the best all around on a camera phone)
    Improved next gen fingerprint tech (not the first, but from all accounts the best implementation of said tech)

All this while still maintaining the same size and weight.

People also don't realize that iOS isn't just a cosmetic change. The OS itself is better at power efficiency, it has other features that work under the hood which are better than before.

For instance, they managed to improve upon a system that allowed one to use audio from multiple apps. This is geared towards people that use music creating apps, now you can truly be a 'band in a box'. You can use apps within apps like you would on a desktop.

For instance

Only time will tell. First Impressions, not too bad. I mean this might not have been revolutionary as the first iPhone, but what else could Apple do? What is truly innovative nowadays?

The 5S is an improvement afterall. 64 bit? The Fingerprint Scanner wasn't bad at all. A new way to keep your phone safe from nosy people without actually entering a passcode each time. It's probably the biggest notable feature on the 5S anyways. That being said, I don't recall another phone having a fast or reliable fingerprint scanner. Actually I don't remember any phone having that. Hope it actually works out.

The iPhone 5Cs is just . Way too feminime for my liking. Ffs look at the cases that they released with them! I don't see how that's gonna help increase market share, it's still $550. Hardly cheap.

That being said, I'm happy with my iPhone 5 and see no reason to upgrade. the 4, 4S and 5 are all getting the iOS7 update anyways.

4s crew checking in

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Only time will tell. First Impressions, not too bad. I mean this might not have been revolutionary as the first iPhone, but what else could Apple do? What is truly innovative nowadays?

The 5S is an improvement afterall. 64 bit? The Fingerprint Scanner wasn't bad at all. A new way to keep your phone safe from nosy people without actually entering a passcode each time. It's probably the biggest notable feature on the 5S anyways. That being said, I don't recall another phone having a fast or reliable fingerprint scanner. Actually I don't remember any phone having that. Hope it actually works out.

The iPhone 5Cs is just . Way too feminime for my liking. Ffs look at the cases that they released with them! I don't see how that's gonna help increase market share, it's still $550. Hardly cheap.

That being said, I'm happy with my iPhone 5 and see no reason to upgrade. the 4, 4S and 5 are all getting the iOS7 update anyways.
    @ the covers