Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sunshine State

Default Anxiety/Depression

I have a relatively good life, I have good friends and a girlfriend, I live at home and I have a great family. But over the past month something has changed, I've been suffering from some serious anxiety (headaches and such) and some kind of depression, I've also felt no motivation or energy to do anything. I used to have a passion for running but now I feel like it takes too much energy to do, I don't feel like talking to any of my friends because I feel like it takes too much effort. It just sucks because I don't have a shitty life so I have no reason to feel this way, I'm trying to find a job but no one is hiring or ever gets back to me so that doesn't make me feel too good either.

I genuinely like most of you guys here, so I'm just wondering if any of you have been in a situation like this and what you did to make yourself get better.

I don't expect all responses to be serious

Default Re: Anxiety/Depression

This happens to me in phases. I think it's chemical shifts from time to time. You'll get over in due time.

nothing stays fresh forever, your body and mind need to get tired of things and then renew later.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    This happens to me in phases. I think it's chemical shifts from time to time. You'll get over in due time.
    That's what my dad told me, it's just shitty that you don't have control over it.

It has happened to me before, even with running too. Thing that helped me the most was talking to friends and family and trying to find new things that interested me.

Learning to shoot layups TylerTheCreator's Avatar

I was depressed for about two years but over the past few months I've gotten a lot better. Talk to your friends or someone you trust if anything is ever bothering you. And do what makes you happy. Keep your head up

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I remember when I was a 16 years old kid I was hit by a major depression, felt crazy anxiety and thought people were out to get me, had no motivation, wouldn't socialize with people and I for some reason thought this feeling was going to stick with me forever. No young person that age should experience what I experienced, it was a very dark place.

May I ask how old you are?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I remember when I was a 16 years old kid I was hit by a major depression, felt crazy anxiety and thought people were out to get me, had no motivation, wouldn't socialize with people and I for some reason thought this feeling was going to stick with me forever. No young person that age should experience what I experienced, it was a very dark place.

This was 14-19 for me. I'm still recovering years later, but far better.

How's your digestive system?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    I have a relatively good life, I have good friends and a girlfriend, I live at home and I have a great family. But over the past month something has changed, I've been suffering from some serious anxiety (headaches and such) and some kind of depression, I've also felt no motivation or energy to do anything. I used to have a passion for running but now I feel like it takes too much energy to do, I don't feel like talking to any of my friends because I feel like it takes too much effort. It just sucks because I don't have a shitty life so I have no reason to feel this way, I'm trying to find a job but no one is hiring or ever gets back to me so that doesn't make me feel too good either.

I genuinely like most of you guys here, so I'm just wondering if any of you have been in a situation like this and what you did to make yourself get better.

We all have our little battles to fight.. keep your chin up and keep on hammering away.. do what it takes to win, don't except anything but the best for yourself but don't expect it to be handed to you

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

I'm 21, it hit me pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. I've never been affected by something like this before and things were happening to me (major headaches mainly) that freaked me out and I thought I was gonna die or something.

I'm coping better now, but I'm still lethargic and don't have much motivation

NBA Superstar

Just find ways to get motivated man, that's all I can tell you.

Ask yourself if you are where you wanna be in your life, etc.

Banned

Honestly, doesn't matter how good your life looks or how happy you think you should be. Depression and anxiety strike indiscriminately. I've known plenty of people who had seemingly everything going for them- filthy rich, good families, etc and they were severely clinically depressed. If you think it's more than just say seasonal blues (ie, you feel down because of shitty weather) or just a minor temporary funk that everyone goes through, then you should think about seeing a professional.

Banned

I'm 21, it hit me pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. I've never been affected by something like this before and things were happening to me (major headaches mainly) that freaked me out and I thought I was gonna die or something.

I'm coping better now, but I'm still lethargic and don't have much motivation
    Does anyone in your family have a history of panic attacks?

I was like that back in the younger days, I sold drugs from teenage years and into my middle 20's..I would be so damn depressed I would travel all over and spend paper like crazy, buy gold chains,gucci'd out threads,trucks,SUVs and fancy cars put 6's and screens in them, candy paint , sit ringside at fights ,sit court side/50 yd lines at games and would fu*k strippers all the time thinkin it would fulfill my emptiness, but it made it sooo much worse than helping me.u got to first find any job , whether it be flippin burgers or stocking at Walmart just to get a lil motivation and appreciate what u have first and foremost before u can swing for fences in gettin a real job.like u say, u still at the crib with the fam, so u got every opportunity to get back to school and achieve what u wanna do in life .dont know bout u and ur girl but if u think she the one think bout how it would be having kids with her and use that as ur motivation to doing better and make ur kids and possibly future wife proud of u.
    [COLOR="White"]if not then just kill urself ,and send me a pic of ur b*tch ..J/k homie..[/COLOR]

Learning to shoot layups TylerTheCreator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Honestly, doesn't matter how good your life looks or how happy you think you should be. Depression and anxiety strike indiscriminately. I've known plenty of people who had seemingly everything going for them- filthy rich, good families, etc and they were severely clinically depressed. If you think it's more than just say seasonal blues (ie, you feel down because of shitty weather) or just a minor temporary funk that everyone goes through, then you should think about seeing a professional.
    Good point. I hate when people say "Look how kids in African are living".

Just cause you have it better than some people doesn't mean you are gonna be happy 24/7.