Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Hannibal is a Top 3 show.

Mad Men.
    Game of Thrones.
    Hannibal.

Anybody been following this? It's transformed into an amazing show that is not easy to get into but it is incredibly deep and well made. Acting is amazing too.

True Detective started on the level of these shows but had a very shallow and safe ending, didn't deliver. Orange is The New Black is very good, but not quite here. Any other shows?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Hannibal is a Top 3 show.

Maybe Boardwalk Empire. And Luther (although I think that has finished as a TV show). Homeland is up there too but I wasn't a huge fan of season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Maybe Boardwalk Empire. And Luther (although I think that has finished as a TV show). Homeland is up there too but I wasn't a huge fan of season 3.
    Homeland fell off hard even from season 2. Boardwalk is good and can be very good sometimes, but these shows are very good and on ocassion become great.

On tv now, yes.

Never seen a second season step it up in quality so drastically.

It's a shame that it keeps getting shit ratings. A third season doesn't seem likely, but I hope a cable network picks it up if NBC cancels it. Since half of the budget comes from overseas, it's a pretty small investment for a network (and probably the only reason NBC renewed it in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    On tv now, yes.

Never seen a second season step it up in quality so drastically.
    Yes, i wondered how the show would deal with him behind bars and if the other actors would be able to carry the show...

But it ended up being that the show now revolves around him even though he is in prison, and how they are revealing bit by bit what happened last season, how the main characters all have more time on screen because of the cut back on regular cases, and the dialogue and acting being excellent.

Wow, just wow.

What are your top 3 shows?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's a shame that it keeps getting shit ratings. A third season doesn't seem likely, but I hope a cable network picks it up if NBC cancels it. Since half of the budget comes from overseas, it's a pretty small investment for a network (and probably the only reason NBC renewed it in the first place).
    We probably don't have to worry that much, i read that other networks were definitely in the hunt to pick up the 2nd season if NBC didn't step up and what with the quality and the good reviews that this season is getting, it wil probably be picked up for a 3rd. The show is a commodity to NBC even with the low ratings.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 03-25-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    Yes, i wondered how the show would deal with him behind bars and if the other actors would be able to carry the show...

But it ended up being that the show now revolves around him even though he is in prison, and how they are revealing bit by bit what happened last season, how the main characters all have more time on screen because of the cut back on regular cases, and the dialogue and acting being excellent.

Wow, just wow.

Only current show I watch now that True Detective is over. Unless you count comedy, Boondocks next month

Actually Rectify is an interesting show

Might check out The Americans if it doesn't turn out to be some super pro America shitee

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Shows like this should be on cable networks, if it ain't your typical cop show, it's not lasting more than 2 seasons on networks like NBC.

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, I hated that killer of the week stuff. Even though it was still a good show in S1.

I never got over how unrealistic it was not to chain down criminally insane transports to the truck.

We probably don't have to worry much, i read that other networks were dfeinitely in the hunt to pick uo the 2nd season if NBC didn't step up and what with the quality and the good reviews that this season is getting, it wil probaly be picked up. The show is a commodity to NBC even with the low ratings.
    I'm wondering if NBC is going to keep it around mainly for prestige reasons. It has a small fanbase, but the fans it does have are fanatical about it, and the critics fvcking ADORE it. Apparently the showrunner has up to six seasons all planned out, each one way different from the last.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Mad Men.
    Game of Thrones.
    Hannibal.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I'm wondering if NBC is going to keep it around mainly for prestige reasons. It has a small fanbase, but the fans it does have are fanatical about it, and the critics fvcking ADORE it. Apparently the showrunner has up to six seasons all planned out, each one way different from the last.
    Sorry for the typos.

Yes, that is the word. The prestige and critic's recognition/fanfare that the show gives NBC would be pretty hard to pass up, though i wonder if another network picking it up would result in a raised budget and more freedom for the show runner...

I hadn't heard that from Fuller, what were the details or were did you find the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I was of the opinion that True Detective was probably better until i saw the last two episodes of that show, and i started the second season of Hannibal. True Detective looks like the better show, and the acting from the two leads is better... But the plot, the combined cast, the art direction and the way it has kept and actually raised it's quality while True Detective went down in the moment of truth...

Nope.

What are your top 3 shows by the way?

Sorry for the typos.

Yes, that is the word. The prestige and critic's recognition/fanfare that the show gives NBC would be pretty hard to pass up, though i wonder if another network picking it up would result in a raised budget and more freedom for the show runner...

I hadn't heard that from Fuller, what were the details or were did you find the article?
    http://www.avclub.com/search?feature...he-walkthrough

Bryan Fuller's been following every episode with a walkthrough where he talks about working on the episode and his plans for the series. Re-reading it, I misinterpreted a question...the interviewer asked if there's enough material if they make it to six or seven seasons, and Fuller said there's a ton, but I was wrong about it being planned out. Season three is DEFINITELY planned out though, according to this quote:

[QUOTE]The interesting thing was, we shift the paradigm into what I think most would have thought a Hannibal series would be like anyway, with a villain behind bars consulting with the FBI on these crazy cases. And so it felt like because we changed the paradigm, it was like doing a first season again. We