Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Silk, me and you have had our differences in the past and prolly will again in the future but I agree 100% with you on this one.

NBA>>>>>Euro(trash)league.

I've seen some of their games and it's good if you want to fall asleep next time you have trouble sleeping
    all good man

And I agree, if im ever having trouble sleeping, im going to start watching Euroleague highlights on youtube

USA would beat all of Europe's best players. Might be close but we'd win

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

But it doesn't matter if say 90% of those potential athletes are focusing on a different sport. Then your numbers are entirely different.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's all about the population of people playing said sport.

That said at the end of the day it doesn't matter at all what that population is, it's all about results.

you don't think Spain plays basketball?? 46 million people....NBA players Marc and Pau Gasol, Ricky Rubio, Rudy Fernandez and others i'm probably missing....give them 260 million more people and that number would increase.

Great college starter

Point being....you can match the best 3 to 4 countries to the U.S. by population (Lithuania, Spain, Germany, Croatia) pull their best players, put them on one team and they could challenge the U.S.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    you don't think Spain plays basketball?? 46 million people....NBA players Marc and Pau Gasol, Ricky Rubio, Rudy Fernandez and others i'm probably missing....give them 260 million more people and that number would increase.
    You are entirely missing my point. I'm not even sure how to explain it in another way.

Total population doesn't mean shit. It's all about population playing a particular sport.

So if you have 100 million people in two separate countries then by your logic it would mean both have an equal advantage in playing Sport A.

But if Country 1 plays Sport B and C and in fact thtey're more popular the numbers change. Let's say 80% of the population rather plays Sport B. Now Country 1 only has 20 million playing Sport A.

Country 2 invented sport A and they play it more than any other country. 70% of the population. Now they have a 70 million-20 million advantage.

Total population is not the factor.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

Anthony Parker was a great player alongside LeBron. Shot a great % and had good shot selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Anthony Parker was a great player alongside LeBron. Shot a great % and had good shot selection.
    Im not saying he a bad player. But I think it says something when a guy wins a Euroleague MVP and than becomes a role player over in the NBA.
    Last edited by SilkkTheShocker; 02-24-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Im not saying he a bad player. But I think it says something when a guy wins a Euroleague MVP and than becomes a role model over in the NBA.
    Who was he a role model for?

-Smak

Great college starter

You are entirely missing my point. I'm not even sure how to explain it in another way.

Total population doesn't mean shit. It's all about population playing a particular sport.

So if you have 100 million people in two separate countries then by your logic it would mean both have an equal advantage in playing Sport A.

But if Country 1 plays Sport B and C and in fact thtey're more popular the numbers change. Let's say 80% of the population rather plays Sport B. Now Country 1 only has 20 million playing Sport A.

Country 2 invented sport A and they play it more than any other country. 70% of the population. Now they have a 70 million-20 million advantage.

Total population is not the factor.

I believe your missing my point. In your mind, these countries aren't balling, and that's not the case. It's not their FIRST sport, but it's right up there....same as the NFL being more popular than basketball. And basketball here may not even be more popular than baseball. Your assuming the top countries in Europe doesn't give a crap or work on basketball in any way, which is NOT the case.

Population is a BIG factor. Spain is balling country, and their country is 7 times smaller than the United States....to say they couldn't produce more top notch ballers if they were our size, is IGNORANT.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I believe your missing my point. In your mind, these countries aren't balling, and that's not the case. It's not their FIRST sport, but it's right up there....same as the NFL being more popular than basketball. And basketball here may not even be more popular than baseball. Your assuming the top countries in Europe doesn't give a crap or work on basketball in any way, which is NOT the case.

Population is a BIG factor. Spain is balling country, and their country is 7 times smaller than the United States....to say they couldn't produce more top notch ballers if they were our size, is IGNORANT.
    I'm not assuming shit except that you're statistical analysis is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Who was he a role model for?

-Smak
    WTF are you talking about? Grown ups are talking. Go sit by the television and eat your Kid Cuisine tv dinner son

Great college starter

I'm not assuming shit except that you're statistical analysis is flawed.

Your assuming that since basketball isn't Spain's first sport that being 7 times larger than they are now, doesn't mean they would produce more top tier ballplayers....

That is what your saying right??

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    WTF are you talking about? Grown ups are talking. Go sit by the television and eat your Kid Cuisine tv dinner son

.....That's why you asked your Dad about Larry Bird ??

.....That's why you asked your Dad about Larry Bird ??
    I was too young to see him play. He was retired for 2 or 3 years before I started watching and was old enough to understand the game more. What the problem with asking someone who did? Do you know how many high school kids post here and act like they saw Jordan or Hakeem play? I have watched his highlights and lot of his games, but I that doens't mean im not going to seek out the advice of some that got to see the man play with his own eyes.
    Last edited by SilkkTheShocker; 02-24-2012 at 10:27 PM.