Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sticky: The MVP thread (AKA the Kobe vs Lebron thread)

Didn't people ask to have these stickied for Kobe vs AI, Carter, T Mac, Wade and others over the years? Face it guys, it's a hot topic and it gives the site and the league in general a great traffic, what's wrong with it and why handcuff something as hot?

Anyway, for the first time I think Kobe's been dethroned as the top swingman in the game. Not by a landslide but still... Don't like to say it but the LeBron crowing ceremony can begin and Kobe's long running reign as the top swingman IMO has neared it's end. There has come the new guy. I have never felt that way when all the other hot flavor of the month swingmen were compared to him but LBJ absolutely is legit.
    He has beat Kobe in their individual matchups, has improved his defense and has been the most clutch player in the league this year. Nuff said.

Hopefully Kobe can compensate by winning awards and championships since he's in that position right now, I won't complain :)

So, as more skilled as Kobe is and more fun to watch IMO, LeBron is just an absolute beast. He is the king right now IMO.

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jo3y91
    lebron gets it if he hits 50 wins, because in all honesty he has done the most with the least.

if he dosnt get 50 wins Kobe gets the award.
    mvp is not about most with the least

Banned

I co-sign this thread.

And after doing my homework and seeking quite a bit of spiritual guidance, I have to say LeBron.

Tough choice, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    I co-sign this thread.

And after doing my homework and seeking quite a bit of spiritual guidance, I have to say LeBron.

Tough choice, tho.
    YOU co-sign this thead?

Are you kidding me? Your the main culprit of us having to resort to making a sticky like this.

I'm going for Lebron for the simple reason that he is doing more for his team, and has been the best player in the NBA this year.

By the standard "best player on the best team" definition that has replaced the more literal "most valuable player" definition it would have to be Kobe though, and it is certainly close enough that I wont be upset if Kobe wins it, he has had a great season and the Lakers are looking great.

Anyway as I see it its:

#1a Lebron
    #1b Kobe
    #2 Paul

And noone else has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I'm going for Lebron for the simple reason that he is doing more for his team, and has been the best player in the NBA this year.

By the standard "best player on the best team" definition that has replaced the more literal "most valuable player" definition it would have to be Kobe though, and it is certainly close enough that I wont be upset if Kobe wins it, he has had a great season and the Lakers are looking great.

Anyway as I see it its:

#1a Lebron
    #1b Kobe
    #2 Paul

And noone else has a chance.
    Imagine if the Hornets went on BIG run to finish with the best record and Paul got the MVP... We would see Kobe's and Lebron's lovers united! Stern would win the Nobel prize in peace.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Imagine if the Hornets went on BIG run to finish with the best record and Paul got the MVP... We would see Kobe's and Lebron's lovers united! Stern would win the Nobel prize in peace.
    My friend, I would absolutely love to see CP3 take MVP honours, that would be amazing...

Good High School Starter

MVP? On a 34-26 team in the East?

Good High School Starter

Dwyer is the latest of the media types who left Kobe off their ballots completely two years ago because his team wasn't good enough, but now are trying to find a way to justify not giving it to him this year and giving it to Lebron who has a better team on paper than Kobe had two years ago, yet is winning at a similar rate in a weaker conference.

Lebron averages 2 rebounds per game more than Kobe. Good for him, he also plays power forward for 1/3 of his minutes this season, and small forward for the rest. Kobe plays small forward for about 1/5 of his minutes and shooting guard for the rest. Lebron should average more rebounds, that's only common sense. Just like Kobe should be a better three point shooter, it's what their positions call for. Lebron is a better passer than Kobe, but he is half the defender that Kobe is. Where Kobe holds opposing shooting guards to 44% eFG, Lebron gives up 51% eFG to opposing small forwards. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    MVP? On a 34-26 team in the East?
    Only thing funny here is a Kobe fan ridiculing the idea of the leagues best player being the MVP on a weak team. Hypocrite much ?

Decent playground baller duncan on U's Avatar

Lebron, at least he has his own style and doesn't imitate Micheal Jordan and has the world praising him for being a great imitation.

Good High School Starter

ESPNews:

Out of the 50 states...

Kobe got 37 of the states majority MVP vote (75%)

Lebron only got 2 of the states majority vote (25%) - Ohio & Rhode Island are the 2 states

The rest of the 11 states are a draw.

Also, 77% of countries outside the U.S. voted Kobe the MVP, while Lebron only got 23%.

BLOW-OUT!

Btw, poll is still open on ESPN.com

Good High School Starter

Only thing funny here is a Kobe fan ridiculing the idea of the leagues best player being the MVP on a weak team. Hypocrite much ?
    I find it hilarious that 2 yrs ago Kobe had one of the greatest seasons ever and finished 4th and was left completely off 22 ballots. Now LBJ has a chance to win it on a team on pace for 45-46 wins in the pathetic EAST. What a bunch of hypocrites.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    I find it hilarious that 2 yrs ago Kobe had one of the greatest seasons ever and finished 4th and was left completely off 22 ballots. Now LBJ has a chance to win it on a team on pace for 45-46 wins in the pathetic EAST. What a bunch of hypocrites.
    LeBron won't win it this season..

the way the voters base so much of the vote on the team's winning %, LBJ won't win this year

the way I see it is as follows..

Kobe deserves it this season, but not the past two seasons... but if Kobe deserved it the past two seasons, then LeBron deserves it this season...

I personally think the MVP should actually be the "most valuable player", which would make me choose LeBron this season by a close margin, but Kobe did definitely deserve it the past two seasons.... but that's my personal view on the MVP award.... that's why I said it's a joke of an award anyways.. it just goes to the best player on the best team instead of the most valuable player...

and I'm sure they both would prefer a championship over an MVP anyways

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: I'm so sick and tired of reading post after post about Kobe and Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
    Basketball isn't a team sport. Nobody cares about the team. It's a star-driven league, and fans want to see stars play. The actual game of basketball itself (played the right way) is very boring. More people would care if it was a 1-on-1 show.

Wow..

That there in essence sums up the idiotic mentality of your generation. And U fools wonder why long time fans have turned away from the game, thus causing all time lows in ratings, the likes that haven't been seen since the 70's & refuse to take U guys serious....

People like U just don't get it & I'm starting to wonder if U ever will, which spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E for the life line of the NBA