Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron and kobe on the same team

Not really a good combo, would much rather have one of them and a good bigman.

It wouldn't work, LeBRON dominates the ball too much even tho Kobe could be a spot up shooter if & when LBJ dished it off to him but could LeBRON consistantly him open jumpers that Kobe would create for him? it's questionable..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Not really a good combo, would much rather have one of them and a good bigman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The GM
    It wouldn't work, LeBRON dominates the ball too much even tho Kobe could be a spot up shooter if & when LBJ dished it off to him but could LeBRON consistantly him open jumpers that Kobe would create for him? it's questionable..

let's see, if Lakers trade their whole 1st team for Lebron, the lineup would be

Farmar
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Turiaf/Radmanovic
    DJ Mbenga/Mihm

Not looking very good. I'd say 0.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

those who say not a good combo must not have watched Team USA kobe and lebron can score 30 each in a game at the same time. Both require a double team both can beat the double team. Both are dominant defensively It would be a back court from hell and the other team would struggle dearly. I say they would rebeat definably

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    Come on them Mr high and mighty, instead of spamming emotes, show your worth as a basketball fan and make an explanation.

Theoretically, the two most unstoppable players in the league today on the same team should equal many championships, however there is only one ball to go around, and two players who command the ball as much as each of them does individually would not work on one team.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

ok think of it this way the ball would be in kobe's hands or lebrons hands the whole ****ing game....if one gets tired the other takes over...if one sits out the other is still out there on the court... They BOTH make their teamates better why? cause if a teamate is not feeling it they know lebron or kobe is fealing it... I would say that would be the team to be even if the rest of the team is scrubs.

Kobe has now learned to accept and even like having a second star on the same team, but I think it wouldn't be the same if he had another player that was threatening to be as good or maybe even better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    ok think of it this way the ball would be in kobe's hands or lebrons hands the whole ****ing game....if one gets tired the other takes over...if one sits out the other is still out there on the court... They BOTH make their teamates better why? cause if a teamate is not feeling it they know lebron or kobe is fealing it... I would say that would be the team to be even if the rest of the team is scrubs.
    In lower levels, this would be true. However, this is NBA. You will not win with scrubs. The whole team plus the coach has to be at least decent. Take a look at past NBA winners. You can't have the Coby Karls or Kwame Browns playing alongside Lebron/Kobe and expect to win championships.

Put in decent players like Odom, Derek Fisher, Ilgauskas, etc in the picture though, the story would change.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

It's not an ideal match due to both's ball dominance, and overlap of playing styles...but even then they have such immense talent there would be some success. Now Dwight and Lebron, that would be a serious dynasty.

Dwight and Lebron would be scary.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

It wouldnt work.

However I do have a dream scenario where Cleveland signs and trades Bron to Orlando for Rashard Lewis, and Chris Paul signs with them when his contract is up.

Dwight
    Hedo
    Lebron
    Bogans
    CP3

Eww.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i think this will work. both are good passers and can complement each other on the offense. we all know lebron can play like magic and that kobe is a really good facilitator in the triangle. either of then can be second fiddle. i'm afraid to say that this might actually be better than jordan & pippen