View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #23
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Kobe's 81 point game on ESPN Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodonpa
um it was more like every single laker threw the ball to kobe as soon as he reached midcourt.

Not entirely... there were a few times he called for it, though the other players seemed more than willing to pass it too him, often times even looking for him.

If this were a game where his teammates were playing well, and he was dominating the ball, inspite of the performance, I would understand the criticism he would get for dominating the ball and I as well would prefer to see him play a team game... but this Laker team went on a stretch with Bryant on the bench where they went something like 1-11... I don't believe Lamar Odom scored until the 3rd quarter of the game. Lol... Any criticism of this game is disingenuous at best, abject "h@ting" at worst. You have a guy who brings your team back from 18 down in one quarter, energizes the team to play great defense, changes the whole atmosphere of a building, and proceeds to chase history, and people are complaining that Smush Parker didn't get his fair share of shot attempts?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote