Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    LMAO @ retards here who were proven wrong now the same people who kept saying Ibaka will leave and get a max contract saying he is overpaid

But on a serious note, has the likelihood increased that perkins will get the amnesty?

Deal is 48 million not 40

$48 mil is nothing to sneeze at, but I still feel that given the money Lopez and Hibbert got that Ibaka left some money in the table. Good deal by the Thunder front office. I hope this entire core stays together.

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

They ended up paying market

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

At this point in time, with Howard in LA (and almost certainly in the West after this season if he doesnt stay), Ibaka needs to improve his man-to-man defence before they can let Perkins go. Collison defending Dwight? Please.

Guess this is the type of deal the Jazz can expect to have to give Millsap if they want to keep him.

Could have been worse for OKC. Did the right move locking him up early, if he went on the FA market some team probably would have given him $60 million or something.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Seeing how big men have been getting paid, i say OKC had a hellava deal. Hopefully Harden signs for a similar deal, though i doubt it.

College star

How much are max contracts worth under the new CBA?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

If they were paying this for the Ibaka we saw last year I might say overpayment but he's only 22 and still has more offensive potential IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    If they were paying this for the Ibaka we saw last year I might say overpayment but he's only 22 and still has more offensive potential IMO.
    Completely agree. He's developed a nice elbow jumper, a summer with Hakeem would do him some good.

is it crazy to think mcgee could be as good as ibaka with the right coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    is it crazy to think mcgee could be as good as ibaka with the right coaching?
    It's not crazy but McGhee is a bit of a dumbass, no hate but he is. I'm not sure that ever completely goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's not crazy but McGhee is a bit of a dumbass, no hate but he is. I'm not sure that ever completely goes away.
    nah, i defenitely see what you are saying. but i think his stupidity is a bit overrated, and that he could ba a very good bball player with the ballIQ he's got + good coaching

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Ibaka just got overpaid. He's a good shot blocker, and that's it. Stupid player who just robbed Sam Presti. He should have tried turning Ibaka and Harden into some sick assets.