Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: "How overrated is Kyrie Irving???" -PleezeBelieve

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    easily had a better season

way more efficient, clutcher... better scorer, had a way bigger impact on every game.

if you deny any of that, then you simply didnt watch the games.
    20 5 5 is better than 18 3 5

Kings 29 -57 winning at 35%

Cavs 21-45 winning at 31 %

All things point to Tyreke having the better year. So please stop overrating Kyrie because he did a commercial.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    I can understand why an OKC fan won't appreciate a player like Kyrie
    I'm a huge Kyrie fan.. Take that ignorant bull **** elsewhere.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Kyrie is indisputably an elite level player. Didn't he have the highest 4th quarter scoring average league-wide?

Everyone is wrong sometimes w/ their predictions though, no?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    You're dumb and wrong. Shut the **** up.

Irving has been receiving praise on ISH all season long.
    He's wrong about Irving being another Mayo, IMO anyways. Don't see why he's catching all this shit tho, esp the post you quoted. Mayo did like 18.5 points a game with 4 boards 3 dimes. Obviously not Irving territory as he really lacked the efficiency but nothing to hang your head at. Had tons of hype.

'Reke the guy whom you flipped at for using put up a season that only guy's like MJ, LeBron, Oscar did. 20-5-5 numbers. Both players were on a lottery team going nowhere. Evans was looking like a D-Wade out there. Irving plays a beautiful game. Really in control and really mature. He's pretty advanced as a shooter as well. For those reasons I don't think he'll regress like an OJ Mayo or 'Reke. I can understand somebody believing his potential isn't as high as others.

Point is OJ becoming a bench player throwing up 11 ppg was outta nowhere. I'm sure there was people who seen it coming but if you said that after his rookie year you would have been laughed at. He had a f*ck load more hype than Irving before college. People had him right there behind Rose.

I disagree with his opinion but really who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Tyreke Evans said hi. 20 5 5

lol @ greatest rookie PG season.
    Yes Irving had a better rookie season that Evans. Here's why...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...nsty01&y2=2010

Irving was simply more efficient and played more than half a quarter less per game than Evans did his rookie season. It's plain and simple to see the numbered when you compare them to per 36 numbers.

I'm not here to say that Irving is going to be the best point guard in the league soon or things of that sort. See I'm a realest when it comes to things like this. Does Irving have the potential to be a star in the league? Hell yes he does. Will he be a top point guard or a star? Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-03-2012 at 02:10 AM.

All things point to Tyreke having the better year. So please stop overrating Kyrie because he did a commercial.
    But Tyreke played 37.2 MPG, Kyrie only played 30.5 MPG, If Kyrie played the same MPG as Tyreke did he'd average about 22 ppg/6.5 apg/4.5 rpg on better shooting %

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    I can understand why an OKC fan won't appreciate a player like Kyrie

you didnt take into account anything i put

kyrie was more efficient, had a bigger impact on games, way clutcher, better passer, better ball handling.

cavs second best player was out for more than half the year, the whole team was riddled with injuries

and we sat kyrie for an extended period as well.

we were a playoff team before varajoe was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Kyrie is indisputably an elite level player. Didn't he have the highest 4th quarter scoring average league-wide?

Everyone is wrong sometimes w/ their predictions though, no?

i think he was third, but he lead the league in all offensive clutch stats which is a game that is within five points with 5 minutes less.

Banned

Irving is a decent player and nothing special. He's going to be a starter in this league. I compare him to OJ Mayo. A decent starter on any team but nothing special.

I think people's love for Irving came when he did that commercial as some old guy. That helped his image and overrated him.

You didn't hear much about Irving till he made that commercial and now people are talking about him.
    Dude will be cp3 2.0 in 3 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101
    Dude will be cp3 2.0 in 3 yrs
    LOL

Banned

I expect Cavs fan to jock Kyrie to Mars because of the Lebron James debacle and now they got their #1 pick boy. It's natural to hype him up and bring up all these statistics to back up Kyrie.

Cavs fans are use to it and it comes as no surprise Cavs fans are at it once again with their advanced statistics to backup Kyrie. This is what you guys did with Lebron.

Let's face it...the thread was asking if he's overrated. As of right now...Yes. You guys are only hyping him because of the pretty cool commercial he did it and you guys just drafted a running mate for him.

Nothing new...same ole...same ole...advanced statistics to hype a Cavs player.

I expect Cavs fan to jock Kyrie to Mars because of the Lebron James debacle and now they got their #1 pick boy. It's natural to hype him up and bring up all these statistics to back up Kyrie.

Cavs fans are use to it and it comes as no surprise Cavs fans are at it once again with their advanced statistics to backup Kyrie. This is what you guys did with Lebron.

Let's face it...the thread was asking if he's overrated. As of right now...Yes. You guys are only hyping him because of the pretty cool commercial he did it and you guys just drafted a running mate for him.

Nothing new...same ole...same ole...advanced statistics to hype a Cavs player.

you sound like some pissed off minnesota fan who got stuck drafting derrick williams.

comparing kyrie to oj mayo and tyreke evan is obvious trolling since he is obviously better than both.

plus the fact that you think people just started talking about him since the commercial... ISH was always talking about how he was the undisputed ROY all season....

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Apparently the majority of the posters in this thread didn't watch many Cavs games this past season, lol.

He's already earned the nickname "Mr 4th Quarter".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    you sound like some pissed off minnesota fan who got stuck drafting derrick williams.

comparing kyrie to oj mayo and tyreke evan is obvious trolling since he is obviously better than both.

plus the fact that you think people just started talking about him since the commercial... ISH was always talking about how he was the undisputed ROY all season....
    So I'm trolling because I compared him to Tyreke?

Tyreke had a better year and you had to bring up "advanced" statistics.

Comparing him to Mayo and Tyreke is pretty accurate so don't get mad. You want me to start comparing him to CP3?