Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: New Derrick Rose adidas AdiZero 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Jordans are Nikes, though bro

Clunky, stiff, un-comfortable

And I was with Nike ever since. Until I came to the conclusion, and after getting some very comfortable Adidas at their outlet here ... Nike's are purely making their money of their name now. The quality going into them is significantly less than what it used to be, and their prices remain the same and / or have gone higher. Adidas is significantly less, and as good or better in terms of quality.

I am amped for the Bulls home and away colorway for the adizero Rose 2.0 ... think they look way better than the adizeros and the 1.5's.
    Yeah I know Jordans are Nikes. I have nothing against the company itself, just the design and functionability. Brons are too clunky(ALL 8s are filthy looking though), Kobes are too tight and feel like running shoes, Hyperdunks have no real ankle support, Hyperfuses tear easy...I could go on and on about some of the older shoes. I think I have a pair of VC Shox somewhere in my room so it's not like I've never bought any. It's just....I always liked Adidas. They have their flaws but are for the most part comfortable and well-priced. I don't know about you, but I'm done spending $130+ on shoes...unless it's something rare and/or looks really really good. At that point, I won't even play ball in them. Like you said, Nike is living off their name and ability to churn out 20 thousand colorways of their premier shoes...

I **** with all the old school and new school Adidas shoes. In addition to the 1.5s, I look forward to picking up some Crazy 8s, TMac 2s(they NEED to retro these!), and whatever else they have. I just picked up some all green suede Dakota high tops. Ugly to most people but I throw on some 501s and I'm good to go.

Sidenote....someone told me that the 1.5s don't squeek on the court? What type of shit is that?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Sidenote....someone told me that the 1.5s don't squeek on the court? What type of shit is that?
    That way they can't hear you coming when you cut, so you can attack like a deadly ninja.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    You're not going to find them for $100 anywhere. Seeing as they were just released, don't expect them to dip too much below 130. Maybe, maybe the all whites because all whites/blacks seem to drop faster than other colorways, but I doubt it. Check eBay, Craigslist, Niketalk, etc...

You can, however, find 1.0s for $80 if you look around. Eastbay had a few at that price and I would expect Footlocker to drop the price to $80 as well so they can make room for 1.5s....

Edit: didn't realize that the retail on the 1.5s is $100. The black ones you want is the limited colorway. I HIGHLY doubt you will find those for $100.

I know i probably won't be able to find them now but do you think could i get them in a couple months for a $100? or will they be sold out? I don't mind waiting i just want them before the start of next season.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Good to see another adidas person in the Board. Honestly a lot of people are just so pro-nike that anything adidas makes they immediately hate on. But I guess there's people like that on both sides of the fence.

I read a lot about the Puremotion pods used in the adizero rose, the 1.5, the adipure and yes they were based off the feet you wear technology. A lot of people claimed to feel "running-shoe" type heel-toe transitions with the Puremotion pods.

Another thing I really like about adidas is the torsion system, were the heel and forefoot are allowed to move independently. For me one of the best solutions for foot stability issues in shoes.

One thing adidas is miles away is cushioning. Up to now, adidas uses the same cushioning technology (adiprene) for all their footwear, be it running, basketball, tennis. It would be nice if they had different options for different needs of the sport.

As a comparison, I just read the black lotus review of the air max 360 bb low. For cushioning they had a full air max unit then a cushlon midsole. The cushlon alone is the material they use for the pillowy Vomero running shoes.

Hopefully the white/blue low's become availlable soon, I hear they're already in stores back in Manila
    They've been available here since last month. Should come here fast though, heard they're selling out too.

And as with the cushioning, I know how everyone just loves to feel like they're walking on pillows, but that stuff ain't gonna work WITH you on the court. It's going to work AGAINST you. By having to go through "fluff" with each step, you're only make yourself slower, even by a fraction of a second, which is a lot of time in the sports world. I've never fully tried on/owned any Nike shoes in the past... 8 years, but I did try on my friend's Hypermaxes and ZKIVs and I think Zoom's one of the best things Nike's ever done. When I put the Max Air on my feet, well, that was another story. Not hating, just pulling the difference between cushioning as is popularly described and cushioning as it REALLY is when it comes to shoes. Think a lot of people get mixed up there.

And yup, that's one thing with a lot of Nike heads too. Anything without a Swoosh or with three stripes is automatically shit to them. Every once in a while, we get some shithead in the adi thread in SC that goes "PASS!!!!!" or "Shit looks unwerable." I REALLY respect those guys who favor Nike, but at the same time can say at least something as to WHY they think it's not for them.

Saw a basketball once

hello,everyone ,I am damjy,it is my first post in this forum,I think it is necessary to make a short introduction,Don't you think so?I am a new member and I join in you just now,I am so glad to be here.Have a good time

Buy Runescape GoldBuy WoW GoldRunescape Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    And yup, that's one thing with a lot of Nike heads too. Anything without a Swoosh or with three stripes is automatically shit to them. Every once in a while, we get some shithead in the adi thread in SC that goes "PASS!!!!!" or "Shit looks unwerable." I REALLY respect those guys who favor Nike, but at the same time can say at least something as to WHY they think it's not for them.
    Agreed, in another forum I was petitioning to have an "Adidas only" discussion thread. A lot of Nike fanboys come in threads and say "ugly, uncomfortable, embarassed to wear" and when you ask them if they've worn the shoes its obvious that they haven't

Saw a basketball once

$130 shoes for $75, too good to be true, right?
    http://www.kobeshoesbuy.com/adidas-a...red-p-244.html