Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Cousins calls Sean Elliot immature, after waiting for him after the game butthurt

about comments Elliot made regarding Cousins disrespecting Duncan. this guy

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-with-cousins/

By Mike Monroe

PORTLAND, Ore. — The NBA is looking into a postgame confrontation between Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins and broadcaster Sean Elliott that took place on the Sleep Train Arena court after the Spurs’ 97-86 victory in Sacramento on Friday.

Elliott, the former Spurs star who serves as analyst on the locally produced telecasts of Spurs games, criticized Cousins for “talking trash” about Spurs captain Tim Duncan during the fourth quarter.

After overpowering Duncan for two baskets and drawing a shooting foul on the Spurs star with about five minutes left, Cousins bellowed to his teammates on the Kings’ bench after drawing a shooting foul on the future Hall of Famer.

Elliott paraphrased Cousins as saying, “I’m going to bust his (expletive).”

Elliott responded after Duncan blocked a Cousins shot at the rim and scored three baskets.

“That’s why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

Apparently informed postgame of Elliott’s remarks, Cousins appeared on the court in his uniform and confronted Elliott after he and broadcaster Bill Land completed their postgame show.

“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”

An NBA spokesperson said the league is aware of, and reviewing, the incident.

Elliott declined to comment, saying he would let the league investigate and respond as it saw fit.

Cousins was critical of Elliott’s on-air commentary, telling the Sacramento Bee newspaper the Spurs broadcaster was “immature.”

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Cousins calls Sean Elliot immature, after waiting for him after the game butthurt

Cousins needs to grow out of this kind of stuff if he wants to become a great player.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: Cousins calls Sean Elliot immature, after waiting for him after the game butthurt

Lol at cousins calling someone else immature.

Cousins has to get his emotions under some kind of control.

And Sean Elliot should stop being so lame. To say he's a homer is too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    And Sean Elliot should stop being so lame. To say he's a homer is too kind.
    So true.

If you're a professional broadcaster, even if you're working for a specific team, you should never say "we" when referencing said team.

NBA Vets talk shit like that so idk why Elliot is relating it to age.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Lol at cousins calling someone else immature.
    I, too, found that portion relatively amusing.

Also, I know no one really cares but for the sake of knowledge, Sean's last name is Elliott, with two t's.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-11-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlar
    Cousins needs to grow out of this kind of stuff if he wants to become a great player.
    Cousins will never be a great player he is a complete spaz

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Seriously this guy has the mind of a child.

Banned

Can't wait for this guy to join Team USA and start another World War!

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Basically all local sports broadcasting teams would say something like that about their team. It's pretty normal.

And actually, I think even a neutral TNT or ESPN broadcaster would say something like that. I can definitely see Reggie Miller or Van Gundy saying that.

Banned

Pau Gasol for Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans, get it done Mitch

Very good NBA starter

People love Elliott in SA. He's on our side, as he should be, and nobody in the 210 has a problem with that. Hell, his jersey is hanging in the rafters, what do you expect?... Demarcus is going to get butt hurt alot in this league.

kings fan

That article describes a few instances where Cousins "overpowers" Duncan. Well, I watched the game, and he did not overpower anything. All he did was get away with blatant offensive fouls. Tim Duncan still schooled his ass.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with trash talk. There's something wrong with waiting for an analyst because he said something you didn't like, primarily something as petty as said analyst calling you "immature." DeMarcus is good player with a heap of potential, but he's his own worst enemy.