Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Greater Athlete: LeBron James or Bo Jackson?

Watch Bo Jackson 30 for 30 on YouTube. Answer is obvious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    NFL football is no where near as popular as basketball as a whole around the world. Shit, I don't think it is as popular as the NBA, or close for that matter.
    on.
    Yea but all the best basketball athletes come from the US.. not Euroleague or China or any other outside league. The U.S. has the best athletes in the world pretty much. And the NFL is bigger than the NBA in the US.

Bo. Such a shame that his career was cut short. Seemed like a good guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea but all the best basketball athletes come from the US.. not Euroleague or China or any other outside league. The U.S. has the best athletes in the world pretty much. And the NFL is bigger than the NBA in the US.
    I don't think he was arguing that point.

Its interesting as well that all the power athletes seem to get more praise when it comes to looking at overall greatness as an athlete. Where as you have tennis players with extreme conditioning that get no love. Or soccer players with the same thing, and blazing speed as well, with little or no love in these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Basketball is a huge global sport.
    Baseball is a much more marginalized sport.
    Football is so fringe it's hardly worth mentioning as a legitimate competitive sport.

So impressive as it may be that Bo Jackson displayed some athletic feats in baseball and football, we still have to consider that the competitive level of these sports is obviously at a much lower standard, because the sports are so much smaller compared to basketball. Bo Jackson was the biggest fish in a smaller pond than LeBron.
    This is one of the most retarded posts I seen here, that's quite impressive

By your logic, Messi>>>LBJ

Bo Jackson was the greater athlete you moron.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Bo Jackson is probably GOAT american team sport athlete.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I don't think he was arguing that point.

Its interesting as well that all the power athletes seem to get more praise when it comes to looking at overall greatness as an athlete. Where as you have tennis players with extreme conditioning that get no love. Or soccer players with the same thing, and blazing speed as well, with little or no love in these discussions.
    Well.. Endurance isnt really athleticism.. Its almost a skill because its built up only through conditioning and experieince. Where teen Lebron could jump 30+ inches with no jumping training or lifting.. or Mike Tyson could bench 400+ as a teenager with no weightlifting experience. Athleticism that comes from pure talent is ussually a lot more impressive.

I usually hit open layups

Football is so fringe it's hardly worth mentioning as a legitimate competitive sport.

So impressive as it may be that Bo Jackson displayed some athletic feats in baseball and football, we still have to consider that the competitive level of these sports is obviously at a much lower standard, because the sports are so much smaller compared to basketball. Bo Jackson was the biggest fish in a smaller pond than LeBron.
    smh hahahahahaha what are you smoking? Baseball is such a big world wide sport, asia and south america is all about soccer and baseball. Basketball will never be a main sport. People like stern who hold this sport down.

Have to google/youtube Bo Jackson or something, NFL/MLB is as popular as womens cricket outside US... :P

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Have to google/youtube Bo Jackson or something, NFL/MLB is as popular as womens cricket outside US... :P
    I guess Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Austrailia etc are part of the US. Those countries play baseball. The NFL is more regional but's it's popular in Mexico and Canada and most importantly, it's the biggest sport in the US hands down.

Keep in mind that soccer is huge worldwide but most Americans couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I guess Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Austrailia etc are part of the US. Those countries play baseball. The NFL is more regional but's it's popular in Mexico and Canada and most importantly, it's the biggest sport in the US hands down.

Keep in mind that soccer is huge worldwide but most Americans couldn't care less.
    Am just sarcastic, but i mean that lets just say Basketball is by a ridicilously huge gap bigger than baseball and ESPECIALLY american "foot"ball around the globe....

..and yes i know soccer is not so cool/popular in USA and i applaud you Americans for that, because i think soccer is the most overrated sport in human history (and is so damn boring to watch)... on this one you Americans have great taste... :)
    Last edited by pauk; 03-20-2013 at 02:34 PM.

College superstar

I see the parallel he is making... a HS with a graduating class of 1500 kids is likely going to have better athletes than one graduating 200 kids, and thus it's is (semi)logical to assume that the best athlete is the 1500 school is better than the one in the 200 school... so I see his point, but I just disagree with it. I don't think it makes him a retard, though, as it's a semi-valid point.

Edit: I disagree with this when discussing generational talents. I think it's an acceptable rule of thumb, but you can't use it as a rule, as the small HS can always have a phenomenal athlete on par with the greater schools... just less of a chance.

Bo knows.

Banned

Last edited by kennethgriffin; 03-20-2013 at 04:12 PM.