Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: TRADE: Magic trade Vince, Gortat, Pietrus, pick to Suns for J-Rich, Hedo, E.Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    The majority of his looks were coming from about 15 foot out on the baseline and the top of the key, the guy was just not making them.

Nobody in the league at this point gets their team mates as wide open as Dwight and Vince was struggling. I hope he improves in PHX but I have my doubts, I think he is just on his natural, age-related decline.
    They don't watch magic games , DUDE HAD OPEN LOOKS ALL NIGHT! Listennnnnnn

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Default Re: TRADE: Magic trade Vince, Gortat, Pietrus, pick to Suns for J-Rich, Hedo, E.Clark

I think wide open jump shots are a lot different then wide open lay ups or catch and dunks.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    Wide open looks are wide open looks, regardless of who passes the ball to you. VC was getting wide open looks every game in Orlando, he just wants making them.
    He was shooting 47% for the season (a career high), the guy was hitting his shots. Why do people feel the need to lie to make their arguments?

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

I think People are really sleeping on Gilbert Arenas...He has been on the WIZARDS!!!!!! How good have they ever been...And ask anyone in the league how happy they would be if someone just gave them Dwight Howard after having Javale Mcghee...I think this will resurrect his career...

JRich will do what carter jus did just more consistently...And i think Turk is the wild card because no one knows whats his problem...

As for people talking about Foul trouble on D Howard and that will cause them to epic failure... I mean this is not new stuff...Its people's game plans to get him in foul trouble every game and that is how people always thought in beating the magic... So this is not something new they dealt with...

I still dont think they can beat Boston in the East....But no team can in the east...Who else has possible 5 hall of famers...

But magic does have better offense and slightly worst defense now...

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Default Re: DONE DEAL: Magic trade Vince, Gortat, Pietrus, pick to Suns for J-Rich, Hedo, E.Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    I'm not really sure what to think of this trade from Phoenix's side.
    Losing J-Rich is gonna hurt pretty bad, I think alot of people don't realise just how important he has been to Phoenix and I highly doubt Carter can fill that role.
    Turk gone, no issues there at all and he goes back to the one system in the league where he can be effective.
    I like Pietrus but I don't see where his minutes are going to come from, unless there's a Carter buyout coming. Hill, Dudley, Childress and Carter all ahead of him at the 2/3 spots. Maybe with a buyout could see Childress start with Dragic getting minutes at 2 while still backing up Nash.
    The big one is Gortat, I've thought for while now that given minutes he can be one of the better Centers in the league, guess we'll find out now.

Gortat/Lopez/Barron
    Warrick/Frye/Barron
    Hill/Dudley/Pietrus
    Carter?/Childress/Pietrus
    Nash/Dragic
    I will be shocked if that ends up being the lineup. I'd much more expect something like..

Nash\Dragic
    Carter\Pietrus
    Hill\Dudley
    Frye\Warrick
    Lopez\Gortat or Gortat\Lopez

Childress hasn't even been getting minutes lately.. his broken finger is hopefully the reason for lack of productivity but he hasn't really shown much this season. his minutes would be split at the 2\3 spot as the 11th guy. And I see Frye at PF -- the Suns system needs a pf who can stretch the floor more than attack the hoop, especially now with vc and gortat who can run pnr.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Bball_King
    I think People are really sleeping on Gilbert Arenas...He has been on the WIZARDS!!!!!! How good have they ever been...And ask anyone in the league how happy they would be if someone just gave them Dwight Howard after having Javale Mcghee...I think this will resurrect his career...

JRich will do what carter jus did just more consistently...And i think Turk is the wild card because no one knows whats his problem...

As for people talking about Foul trouble on D Howard and that will cause them to epic failure... I mean this is not new stuff...Its people's game plans to get him in foul trouble every game and that is how people always thought in beating the magic... So this is not something new they dealt with...

I still dont think they can beat Boston in the East....But no team can in the east...Who else has possible 5 hall of famers...

But magic does have better offense and slightly worst defense now...
    addressing the depth at the 5. Before they had a very capable backup who could play 15-30 mins if howard was in trouble. now, who do the have? Ortiz? Dude couldnt get many mins on a solid but not great kentucky team, and I have seen nothing to indicate drastic improvement. Malik Allen? Bass? If howard went down with an injury, this whole team looks much much worse.

That being said, I think it was a good trade for them.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    addressing the depth at the 5. Before they had a very capable backup who could play 15-30 mins if howard was in trouble. now, who do the have? Ortiz? Dude couldnt get many mins on a solid but not great kentucky team, and I have seen nothing to indicate drastic improvement. Malik Allen? Bass? If howard went down with an injury, this whole team looks much much worse.

That being said, I think it was a good trade for them.
    Lol, if Howard goes down with an injury, we're screwed, anyway. With or without the trade.

And as for Vince shooting 47%, that's because he has turned into a role player this year (at least, with us he was). Maybe he'll work it out in Phoenix, I hope so, I actually like the Suns.

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Lol, if Howard goes down with an injury, we're screwed, anyway. With or without the trade.

And as for Vince shooting 47%, that's because he has turned into a role player this year (at least, with us he was). Maybe he'll work it out in Phoenix, I hope so, I actually like the Suns.
    Yea ... people are on here acting like that Gortat playing more than 8-10 minutes a game wouldn't screw Orlando regardless. Dwight HAS to play 40+ minutes in an ECF if they are doing anything.

National High School Star MrUnstopable's Avatar

wow Hedo is great in this system.....

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

The X-Factor is Gilbert...If he can get close back to Agent zero...Now Agent 1, then Magic will be contenders...He needs to get his assists up with Howard...This is the only way they will go anywhere...