Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Is the Wall Street Bailout a Scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash

He set the conditions and hysteria....our government played it right into his hands.
    You are very naive.

Where did you get that avatar, Bagelred?

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee

I just highly doubt it'll be the 'Great Depression' where people are killing themselves everywhere and people are supposedly starving. Thats very extreme when people say that. It just seems if we let it ride out, the market will naturally go down, and naturally up itself through free market competition. New companies will pop up or merge eventually i would think to profit where those huge failed companies left room for someone, or many, to move in.

Do you even know the difference between what a depression is compare to a recession?

Note that we have been in recessions in the past 70 years, but not a depression, you need to google it up and understand what's the different before you want to make any judgment on it.

Look it up and it may change your mind of what's exactly being talked about here.

[QUOTE=shadow]

You guys know what the really pathetic part about this is though? The real victims end up being the responsible folks, that what really sucks. Corporations like Wells Fargo for example, or consumers who understand what it means to live with their means. We end up footing the bill while idiots get to keep their homes they shouldn

   

Quote Originally Posted by Dash
    It's so disheartening to know that a monster like Osama Bin Laden accomplished exactly what he set out to do only 7 years ago.....absolutely bleed us economically.

He set the conditions and hysteria....our government played it right into his hands.

Of course this collapse is part of a bigger picture (fed, economic policy, etc.) but the terrorism hysteria put us into meltdown overdrive.
    exactly- i was just thinking this myself.

bin-laden probably had no accurate idea what would happen down the road, but there can be no doubt that he could not be more thrilled how incompetently we played the whole situation.

it is godamn scary thinking of how many anti-american outfits around the world see us teetering on the brink of disaster and think about how best to push us over now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
    Do you even know the difference between what a depression is compare to a recession?

Note that we have been in recessions in the past 70 years, but not a depression, you need to google it up and understand what's the different before you want to make any judgment on it.

Look it up and it may change your mind of what's exactly being talked about here.

a recession is just a downturn thats going to be ongoing in the economy, and there are varying degrees of what you're calling a 'depression'. So are you saying theres only one definition of a depression, and if we have one it'll be exactly like 'the great depression' in every way?

So are you saying theres only one definition of a depression, and if we have one it'll be exactly like 'the great depression' in every way?
    Certainly modern factors exist that weren't around in the 1920s, but as far as comparing goes, what other example do we have?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Certainly modern factors exist that weren't around in the 1920s, but as far as comparing goes, what other example do we have?
    I don't think any. But i'm just saying it seems like many people are over-emphasizing it by saying it'll be the great depression or i guess depression, of which like you said things are very different now compared to back then.

Its not like i can read up on the Great Depression specifically like he said i should do to be informed, then expect that same exact outcome to our current financial crisis...like many seem to be making out will happen.

shhhhhhh

I don't think any. But i'm just saying it seems like many people are over-emphasizing it by saying it'll be the great depression or i guess depression, of which like you said things are very different now compared to back then.

Its not like i can read up on the Great Depression specifically like he said i should do to be informed, then expect that same exact outcome to our current financial crisis.
    one thing that is different now is the fact the fed can offer up the money for bail out... during the crash of wall street that preceded the depression it was against the law for the feds to pony up more cash then they had in gold reserves, and since the goverment was in debt almost to the limit it had no extra funding to offer the failing banks...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

how is this remotely similar to business failure, and taxpayers bailing them out because the failure could ruin the economy?

taxes have always been levied. other countries tax the rich way more, and have less rich vs poor. but no, the rich in our country want to stay rich with their vacation homes, can't give up that luxury yacht, no way you'll see them drivinig a Honda. No way giving up all of that stuff is worth less poor people suffering, and barely able to provide for their families. Am i right?

If you can't see the difference you're retarded.
    So we should punish the rich for succeeding in life and actually applying themselves and not taking their opportunities for granted?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

yeah but thats only $39.95 or something. Its not like i have a luxury yacht, 7 homes, 8 cars, and am angry the government wants to increase my taxes to help the poor.

i don't see a tapdance at all. If anything i see you trying to twist things to make it seem like taxing the rich more to help the poor is just like companies failing and the taxpayers bailing them out. When they aren't similar at all

Go ahead tho, play the exaggerate humanitarianism card, as if people can't tell the difference from someone paying for their cable modem expenditure vs having multiples of houses, cars, boats, maids, etc., and then having to give up some of that I mean if you really think it'll help poor people everywhere i'll give up that extra $15 and go dialup
    Like you arent exagerrating in your post either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    So we should punish the rich for succeeding in life and actually applying themselves and not taking their opportunities for granted?

Thats another way of looking at it. only problem i really have with that is you are probably pro life pretending like you care so much about the welfare of each and every human life out there also. You'd think such giving and selfless people wouldn't think along these lines, but rather nobody should have to be living on the streets or have starving children. I mean would such people really choose their 2nd home and summer car over there being less poor?

But its always something like this when it comes down to it with general right wing beliefs. Just a lot of hypocritical stuff that doesn't add up entirely. Even with the attacks its amazing to me how so many of you can sit there attacking Obama for inexperience for so long as the basis of your issues with him, and then sit there supporting Palin a week later as the greatest VP ever Do you not see the inconsistencies? I mean say what you want about the Democrats but they aren't this blatantly hypocritical. They don't force their personal beliefs on others nearly as much. Its just a very self righteous attitude when its extremely hypocritical in a lot of ways. I mean i used to be very open to both sides, and man if you read the main news pages with regularity its amazing how one sided the lack of common sense is.

I guess its all okay if you look at it like a game. That the right are supposed to stay right and support their party regardless of logic. Same with the left. The same people who love to toss around the 'liberal' label like a diragatory term because they think completely along those old party lines. Just don't pretend you are actually voting on sensibility more than staying true to your party ignorantly.

a recession is just a downturn thats going to be ongoing in the economy, and there are varying degrees of what you're calling a 'depression'. So are you saying theres only one definition of a depression, and if we have one it'll be exactly like 'the great depression' in every way?
    How hard was it to google, http://economics.about.com/cs/busine...epressions.htm

I do like the fact on how you once again, you couldn't make any research yet keep on making comments. All of your judgment is just irrelevant until you educate yourself on the issue itself.

Now if you would also go read up what GDP means, and try to understand how harsh 10% of GDP could do to an economy, you may be able to start seeing the picture.

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAADyc6t4nY

(2 minutes)

LISTEN!!! You guys are completely missing it here. She is saying that members of congress are not being allowed to review the bill in its entirety. The criminal elite who orchestrated this whole meltdown in the first place are shutting down our entire law making system so they can pass this bill. WTF!?!? Only evil is done in the dark and in secret, for it must hide its face from the light or it will be exposed. What are they hiding!? Contact your rep in congress!! This bill must not pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7B4laX1E70
    We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night! Rep Burgess

Jesus... maybe it is a scam.

The bailout failed. Now what?

I, like most Americans, I don't think have a real understanding what I'm "rooting for".

I get the sense that we might hit hard times soon if bailout fails, but it might be alot worse later is we DO the bailout. The bailout would sort of delay the inevitable and make the dollar weaker, inflation higher......

Confusing.......