Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Nash, a career 90% FT shooter, offers D12 some pointers and ignores it

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    I see the last 3 years..

Progressively getting worse. Yeah stick with your routine Dwight
    He was at 58 or above every year of his career so far besides last year. Last year was a shortened season, and one in which he played in 54 games.

I'd take the chances of him doing things like always and trying to regain 59% form, instead of going with a brand new form right now.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: Nash, a career 90% FT shooter, offers D12 some pointers and ignores it

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    He was at 58 or above every year of his career so far besides last year. Last year was a shortened season, and one in which he played in 54 games.

I'd take the chances of him doing things like always and trying to regain 59% form, instead of going with a brand new form right now.
    Yeah gotta retain that awesome 59% shooting stroke Not worth messing with that! That number is irrelevant anyway, last year was 49 and this year so far is even worse..

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Yeah gotta retain that awesome 59% shooting stroke Not worth messing with that! That number is irrelevant anyway, last year was 49 and this year so far is even worse..
    Okay, even still, Nash may be one of the best FT shooters of all time, but that doesn't mean he would know how to teach someone how to do it.

And Nash is 6'3. Dwight is 7 foot with huge hands. Very different. It's cool Nash was trying to help, but he's not a free throw shooting coach.

Learning to shoot layups

While the quotes by Dwight don't sound great considering his shooting, I think he is just trying to say that his FT problems are all mental, and if he tries to follow every piece of advice he will just clutter his head further when he tries to shoot them.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

didnt shaq made 70 percent of his fts in phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    didnt shaq made 70 percent of his fts in phoenix
    Nop. Not even 60 percent.

   

Quote Originally Posted by VegasLakerFan
    While the quotes by Dwight don't sound great considering his shooting, I think he is just trying to say that his FT problems are all mental, and if he tries to follow every piece of advice he will just clutter his head further when he tries to shoot them.
    but that's what i was saying in my first post-- how many professionals are confused by something like that? it's a childlike response, not the response of someone who makes their living at basketball... "i'm confused by the 100 different pieces of advice so i want to stick with what i know."

dwight, if you were really a professional, there would be no confusion on your part. you would have heard of at least 99 of those pieces of advice before and would have already tried them out and figured out which were probably helpful and which weren't.

it's like the opposite of that sports professional who moves from one team to another that has a totally different playbook, but the player knows fundamental plays so well that he only needs a short while to get the naming system down before he's operating seamlessly. something like that, anyway...

College star

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

The difference is he is playing for the lakers and its showing how much of a pussy dwight is, he is so scared of the pressure you can see it on his face. I bet this goofball thought hollywood would be all fun and games. Can't wait to hear what kobe has to say if he keeps this up for 10-20 more games

He honestly got worse when he switched to Mark Price. He should just go back to shooting his pre 2010 form. He made about 60% with that one.

i want to slap him

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Howard should practice the grandma FT shot. Rick Barry style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz-T30WZKo8#t=00m26s

Somebody needs to bring that back. It would probably help his FTs.

ok that does it for me... D12 is dumb f1ck. Somebody should beat the shit out of him and say that if he keeps showing his stupid ego they will kill him

He could learn to shoot the ball underhand and be above 50% in a week.

Not speaking like an expert as I'm not and never will be, even close, but what about aiming for the backboard?

NBA rookie of the year

He needs a proper follow through. He short-arms it every time. You can't develop consistency without the proper follow throw. Once he figures that out he'll still have to deal with the mental issues first, but he needs to fix that mechanical problem first.