Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Serious question, guys.

Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

No, even though Oden hasn't played a game, and you have no idea how good he'll be, I wouldn't trade young for old.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    No, even though Oden hasn't played a game, and you have no idea how good he'll be, I wouldn't trade young for old.
    Okay. So we have our first risk taker.

No, more chances to win with Oden then Duncan. Plus you never know how good Oden will become. Duncan gets dunked on all the time by players, lets see if this happens to Oden.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Duncan gets dunked on all the time by players, lets see if this happens to Oden.
    So what?

I don't think Oden is going to be schooling guys in almost every way imaginable on offense while still being a top notch defender. It is a well known fact that defenders get dunked on because they don't get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    So what?

I don't think Oden is going to be schooling guys in almost every way imaginable on offense while still being a top notch defender. It is a well known fact that defenders get dunked on because they don't get out of the way.

You don't know that and I don't know that. He could be the next Bill Russell. Potential > Duncan and his old age. Duncan sucks on defense in my opinion. Oden did all he did leading his team to the finals with 1 hand...!!! Rebounding with one arm most of the season.

Oden is faster, can jump higher, and is strong as hell for his age. Oden a million times over Tim Duncan.

You don't know that and I don't know that. He could be the next Bill Russell. Potential > Duncan and his old age. Duncan sucks on defense in my opinion. Oden did all he did leading his team to the finals with 1 hand...!!! Rebounding with one arm most of the season.

Oden is faster, can jump higher, and is strong as hell for his age. Oden a million times over Tim Duncan.
    Are you serious?

Tim Duncan > Bill Russell on offense

Duncan sucks on defense? Check his credentials, kid.

Look, obviously, you are like 14 and just started watching basketball like 2 years ago, but your lack knowledge cannot be tolerated by me.

Yes, you are right about Oden's potential being worth more than Tim Duncan right now. Everything else you've said is dead wrong and just really, really stupid, though.

NBA Superstar

Err on the side of youth and err on the side of size.

Duncan is better, but he will no longer be in his prime by the time Portland is ready to win.

Go wit da kid

I rule the local playground Nashformvp's Avatar

in a couple years when duncan is as old as mutombo and oden is dominating the league...

Are you serious?

Tim Duncan > Bill Russell on offense

Duncan sucks on defense? Check his credentials, kid.

Look, obviously, you are like 14 and just started watching basketball like 2 years ago, but your lack knowledge cannot be tolerated by me.

Yes, you are right about Oden's potential being worth more than Tim Duncan right now. Everything else you've said is dead wrong and just really, really stupid, though.
    I'm 20 in a month been watching NBA since 95. Duncan may be better on offense but Bill Russell has 11 championships. A good defensive center is more important. You don't know how good Oden will be come next year. He is going to go through NBA conditioning and have both hands good to go. Why would the Blazers want Time Duncan when they can have to great prospects playing side by side in Aldridge and Oden?

Quote Originally Posted by Nashformvp
    in a couple years when duncan is as old as mutombo and oden is dominating the league...
    In a couple of years, Duncan will still be an All-NBA player and Oden might not even have an All-Star berth under this belt......

What the hell? TD not a good defensive player??

I like Oden, and I'm positive he'll be a HOF center, but I'm 100% sure he would be dunked on by athletic guys. All the great centers were dunked on, its not a knock.

I'm 20 in a month been watching NBA since 95. Duncan may be better on offense but Bill Russell has 11 championships. A good defensive center is more important. You don't know how good Oden will be come next year. He is going to go through NBA conditioning and have both hands good to go. Why would the Blazers want Time Duncan when they can have to great prospects playing side by side in Aldridge and Oden?
    God damnit, kid. I'm not arguing against your choice of not wanting to trade Oden. But you're too stupid to see that.

Is Tim Duncan not a good defensive center? Name one center in the NBA who plays better defense than Tim Duncan. Name one center who is better offensively.

Bill Russell wouldn't have won 11 championships if played today, either. It hurts me to even have to explain this to someone.

Do you see know how what you are saying is just plain dumb?

In a couple of years, Duncan will still be an All-NBA player and Oden might not even have an All-Star berth under this belt......
    I know, that's what makes it so difficult. You're making the assumption based on youth and potential, but potential doesn't always work out the way you plan.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

If I was GM of Spurs i would trade duncan. WHY? because the spurs dynasty will last how long? 2 - 3 more years? or 10 more years with oden. The youth makes Oden > duncan.

But hey you never know the way duncan is playing and the great shape he is in he might be one of them athlets that last into the age of 40s.