Thread: Banished

Banned

Default Banished

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/

THIS! is what Maxis/EA should have done with its own SimCity and whoever wants to develop city development games in the future.

It is a better SimCity with Nintendo Hard level and 1/3 of the price.

Default Re: Banished

Too bad it's not multiplayer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Too bad it's not multiplayer.
    SimCity-type games are not about multiplayer at the first place.

Banned

Multiplayer would not work at all in this type of game, not sure why you would even want it to be honest.

I picked it up last night, ended up playing for about 4 hours. My village is currently in it's 13th year and doing pretty well. Population is in the 70s over all and I have shit loads of food. I had a food shortage about 5 years ago and lost about 10 people though and since ramping up my food production to stop it happening again I had to cut back my labourers so I'm low on logs and fire wood. Hopefully I don't get any really cold winters while I try and get my stocks back up. I also need to find out how to get foresters to actually plant a lot, I have 2 foresters set to plant but they seem to be doing nothing and I may run out of trees in my area soon. I haven't had any disasters yet either and I haven't been running long enough to see the effects of old age that some people have talked about.

Pretty fun game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    SimCity-type games are not about multiplayer at the first place.
    I feel that it would be fun to have a multiplayer mode, maybe just an online co-op. The amount of derp that could happen between two friends trying to build a civilization together would be funny to see.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Three people on my Steam list have bought this game in the past week. I'm intrigued now.

Been playing it everyday for almost a week now. Very addicting. I tend to start over a lot because the beginning is so fun. I am getting closer to have a 100+ population but one time I didn't realize in was so low tools and ran out. Got behind on crops and eventually just trashed the city. The other time a tornado blasted my town...so I restarted.

Wish there was more to be added. Pigs, horses, hunting weapons.

Banned

Have played this for a while now and daringly been on all hard mode. It is so damn difficult, really. I have failed on multiple towns, couldn't even survive the first winter. Even after I survived I couldn't expand like I want to and failed at the end.

Banned

My first town just lasted 24 years and had a population of around 110 before everyone started dieing of starvation. I ran out of firewood and while making more of that my food supply (which had always been really high) dropped. Also had a bunch of fisherman drown all within the same short time period which I though was odd. Really becomes a challenge when something goes wrong and people keep dieing due to lack of food yet you are running out of people to get the food you need.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    My first town just lasted 24 years and had a population of around 110 before everyone started dieing of starvation. I ran out of firewood and while making more of that my food supply (which had always been really high) dropped. Also had a bunch of fisherman drown all within the same short time period which I though was odd. Really becomes a challenge when something goes wrong and people keep dieing due to lack of food yet you are running out of people to get the food you need.
    I'm reaching 25 years now but I have bumped up population slowly, 50+ so far, so my town can still have food surplus in its stockpile.

You have to make sure you have enough variety of food sources so you will have ones when others don't produce well in some years.

Also firewood is a lot more important than I thought; sustainable and having great value at trade. You can survive for years making loads of firewood with a trading post around alone.