Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2014

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: E3 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Yeah they're there, but it's just demos of upcoming games. Last year it was Kart, 3D World, WWHD, and I think DK MIGHT have gotten one.

Zelda U is confirmed for showing, and I'd assume playing. So is Smash Bros. New IP like you said, and that's about it. I think. I don't think the connects are horrible, I even kinda like them, but I just don't think they should pass up the opportunity to display what they've got to the world. They already don't really advertise the Wii U, so why pass up the biggest gaming advertisement there is?

i think its because nintendo goes their own route and they want to separate from their competition rather then directly try to compete with them.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Uncharted 4 is set to be showed. Apparently it's the darkest game yet from the series and looks better than The Order. "Most stunning game I've ever seen, with insane set pieces."

So pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    Uncharted 4 is set to be showed. Apparently it's the darkest game yet from the series and looks better than The Order. "Most stunning game I've ever seen, with insane set pieces."

So pumped!
    Looks better than the Order? I'll have to see it to believe it, because The Order literally looks like CGI.

NBA lottery pick

Banned

the division looks sooooo sick

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Microsoft with a pretty safe, normal conference.

The exclusives just don't do it for me. Sunset Overdrive, Fable, Crackdown, Halo?

No big reveal or anything. Guess they just want to get their footing back.

Division and AC5 look great.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

The exclusives just don't do it for me. Sunset Overdrive, Fable, Crackdown, Halo?

Agreed 100%. It was a very safe conference, but at least they showed games, games, and games. A lot of the games that looked great like the Division and AC5, I'm going to get on the PS4 though. Most of the games I already knew about so there wasn't really anything substantially new to show.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Agreed 100%. It was a very safe conference, but at least they showed games, games, and games. A lot of the games that looked great like the Division and AC5, I'm going to get on the PS4 though. Most of the games I already knew about so there wasn't really anything substantially new to show.
    At this point in time, if you're not a Halo fan, there's absolutely no reason to buy a Xbox One over a PS4.

And E3 is supposed to be about huge reveals and exciting and new info. Hopefully Sony and Nintendo go crazy.

HALO Anniversary collection is pretty good fanservice. I think HALO multiplayer is still a system-selling feature and putting this out there is much better than putting a shitty, rushed version of HALO 5 on the shelves. At least the real MS fanboys get what they want with this.

But yeah, dissappointing overall. For a company that boasted about having "1 billion reserved for exclusives" last year this sure seems like a meager lineup. Getting rid of Kinect is the most exciting thing for MS this year.

Shut up EA and show me some Star Wars

Banned

Was that single-player or multiplayer footage of The Division? Looked great.

Banned

I'm so hyped for Star Wars. That stormtrooper looked ****ing amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

Honestly, I thought they did the best they could possibly do with what they wanted to do. They wanted to drop the big news about ditching Kinect, removing the Netflix paywall, and announce the games with gold for xbone a couple weeks ago. So that way they could focus on the games.

I like what they did. They potentially made people who were gonna buy a PS4 reevaluate it since the console just got cheaper and lost a gimmick that a lot of gamers didn't want. They decided to focus more on their exclusives (for better or worse). I wouldn't be surprised if M$ started doing a Nintendo Direct type thing soon. Phil Spencer is highly intelligent, and knows he's got a lot of work to do to win some gamers back.

Side note: Not remastering Halo 3/4 for the Xbone is such a future cash grab it makes me sick. I really really hate 343 with what they're doing to the Halo franchise. They're completely killing it. Let's just slap the same shit up there and fix some of the bugs. .

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I'm so hyped for Star Wars. That stormtrooper looked ****ing amazing.
    Yeah Dice is definitely doing things right with Battlefront it seems.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Give me a Last Guardian announcement for the PS4 and you have my commitment to buy a PS4. ASAP.