Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Which guns did Adam Lanza use in the Sandy Hook shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Wait a second... This is the first time in history that a conspiracy theory has developed immediately.

I can't recall a Conspiracy Theory ever developing so quickly.
    Well besides the Aurora conspiracy, but I guess you could say they are loosely connected.

Actually the 9/11 conspiracy took off fairly quickly too, but probably didn't gain a lot of mainstream acknowledgement until things like YouTube and Facebook started making ways. The funny thing is that when 9/11 happened the conspiracy movement was actually the first time I had ever even really considered that the media and the government may be deceitful (I was about 16 at the time). I would even say I was among the early truther ranks (I am not exaggerating for effect, I seriously accepted the claims). Over time however I started to drift away as more and more absurd and fringe elements came up. In a way I am thankful for the conspiracy movement in its role of beginning my intellectual curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Well besides the Aurora conspiracy, but I guess you could say they are loosely connected.

Actually the 9/11 conspiracy took off fairly quickly too, but probably didn't gain a lot of mainstream acknowledgement until things like YouTube and Facebook started making ways. The funny thing is that when 9/11 happened the conspiracy movement was actually the first time I had ever even really considered that the media and the government may be deceitful (I was about 16 at the time). I would even say I was among the early truther ranks (I am not exaggerating for effect, I seriously accepted the claims). Over time however I started to drift away as more and more absurd and fringe elements came up. In a way I am thankful for the conspiracy movement in its role of beginning my intellectual curiosity.

So what year did you first hear about a 9/11 conspiracy?

Because it wasn't until late 2006 until I had heard about it...

and again,... let me post the same video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYE-IYM9v4I

please watch from 6:35 - 7:50

I literally had almost the same reaction... except I fell to the ground and cried like a little b*tch... I didn't go for a walk... I just fell to the ground and cried.

The truth hurts.

As far as the Aurora shooting goes...

This video doesn't help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXxYQBwo7aU

So what year did you first hear about a 9/11 conspiracy?
    I'd be guessing, but I'd say early to mid 2002. Although I remember in 2001 people talking about the melting steel problem, but I'm not sure how developed the entire theory was.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Youv'e missed my whole point on the thread , there is a certain lack of tact and insensitivity that would lead a person to analyze this situation and demand people look at it as a conspiracy. Kids died. Recently. But that's not interesting to OP, what is interesting to OP is that he might be able to convince strangers on a message board something strange happened. Because little kids getting murdered because the world sucks is not interesting or even registers with him as a problem.

You get off on this conspiracy stuff, i get it. There probably are legitimate strange shit going on in the world. But posting "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE DEAD KIDS?" is just behavior that strikes me as immature or just loutish and embarrasing.
    Basically, it's because there's a certain level of alienation already going on in the people. In a media-saturated age, you see so much that you have no control over, that you can start seeing other people as abstract, as concepts to ponder, especially the further distance you have from the event. Remember jokes about famine in Africa?
    How many Ethiopians can you fit in one bath tube? NO one knows they keep slipping down the drain!!!
    Most people didn't know any starving Ethiopians so they are not real to you, not flesh and blood.

I think there's a similar phenomenon going on here. Hence the Matrix imagery, where the entire world is just a simulation. If you have kids, it's probably harder to view Newton through a conceptual lens. Or just as if someone in your family is a cop or works at the local news station, the idea of conspiracy like this would be particularly ludicrous.

Because what these conspiracy websites are saying is that these are not separate conspiracies--like Timonthy McVeigh and Terry Nichols conspired to blow up the federal building in Oklahoma was a discreet event. Newton is just another manifestation of the ongoing government conspiracy. Even when the people in the government changes, even when different parties take over, they are all still in on it. That's why the Newton theories can pop up so quickly, because everything's already in place, so they start looking for anything they feel is not real.

When you are alienated, you have a poor sense of empathy so you can start believing the worst of others including hundreds and hundreds of unconnected people, like everyone at Newton who must have collaborated on this coverup.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Basically, it's because there's a certain level of alienation already going on in the people. In a media-saturated age, you see so much that you have no control over, that you can start seeing other people as abstract, as concepts to ponder, especially the further distance you have from the event. Remember jokes about famine in Africa?
    How many Ethiopians can you fit in one bath tube? NO one knows they keep slipping down the drain!!!
    Most people didn't know any starving Ethiopians so they are not real to you, not flesh and blood.

I think there's a similar phenomenon going on here. Hence the Matrix imagery, where the entire world is just a simulation. If you have kids, it's probably harder to view Newton through a conceptual lens. Or just as if someone in your family is a cop or works at the local news station, the idea of conspiracy like this would be particularly ludicrous.

Because what these conspiracy websites are saying is that these are not separate conspiracies--like Timonthy McVeigh and Terry Nichols conspired to blow up the federal building in Oklahoma was a discreet event. Newton is just another manifestation of the ongoing government conspiracy. Even when the people in the government changes, even when different parties take over, they are all still in on it. That's why the Newton theories can pop up so quickly, because everything's already in place, so they start looking for anything they feel is not real.

When you are alienated, you have a poor sense of empathy so you can start believing the worst of others including hundreds and hundreds of unconnected people, like everyone at Newton who must have collaborated on this coverup.
    I think you mean Newtown. I had to reread that sentence like 10 times before I figured it out. I thought you were talking about Issac Newton and I was all like

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I think you mean Newtown. I had to reread that sentence like 10 times before I figured it out. I thought you were talking about Issac Newton and I was all like
    I just read it as Newtown, didn't even realize the spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I just read it as Newtown, didn't even realize the spelling
    I think what got me was that the in the sentence before it he was talking about the matrix, so I thought he was using some sort of naturalist or physics analogy. I just woke up from a nap too

Well, as usual, one of the most basic problems is lack of video, pictures, and....well, most anything that actually proves (1) Lanza actually committed the murders in the school and (2) whether he did or did not do it, whether there were other people involved. Isn't that the most basic thing in the investigation? Make sure he wasn't framed and make sure there weren't other people involved?

Apparently not. No videos, no pictures, no nothing.....no eyewitnesses that can confirm it was Lanza doing the shooting...as usual.

Do you really need to be a "conspiracy theorist" to ask questions?

Early reports said there were multiple shooters. Then just one. Early reports said use of handguns. Then it wasn't.

OK, we'll turn our brains off now......

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Well, as usual, one of the most basic problems is lack of video, pictures, and....well, most anything that actually proves (1) Lanza actually committed the murders in the school and (2) whether he did or did not do it, whether there were other people involved. Isn't that the most basic thing in the investigation? Make sure he wasn't framed and make sure there weren't other people involved?

Apparently not. No videos, no pictures, no nothing.....no eyewitnesses that can confirm it was Lanza doing the shooting...as usual.

Early reports said there were multiple shooters. Then just one. Early reports said use of handguns. Then it wasn't.

I love the new avatar bagelred....

I love the new avatar bagelred....

The general public is not going to get access to what you asking for in most situations, why would this be any different???

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    The general public is not going to get access to what you asking for in most situations, why would this be any different???
    That's been the problem since JFK got his head blown off in my city....

The public gets nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BckPa2_A8gI

Oh and BTW.... bagelred.... Let's not forget who Tommy Lee Jones played in JFK.

maybe that's why he was unable to smile... because he knows the truth.

"Nothing as long you live will ever be more important"

The public gets nothing.
    It is a catch 22 though. Honestly I don't think you could really want to see the victims of the SH shooting, and releasing the photo of Lanza may only contribute to his posterity.

I'm not talking about all events, but in these types cases I don't see any point in releasing photos. I guess the difference between you and I is that I'm not presupposing there is a conspiracy.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

But don't you agree that some initial reports can be wrong?

Agencies rush information and in the process get shit wrong, initial shock can confuse some eye witnesses as well.

Not that I disagree with your overall sentiments, just thought some things could be explained rationally.