Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Point Guard options

Moving Devin Harris?: ESPN

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Wait can Lamar TE 8.9 million be use to get Harris?

Harris has one more year at 8.5 right??

But he is owed 9.3 this season??? Somebody help me with the numbers on this.
    Last edited by DirtySanchez; 01-20-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Magic Johnson

I know guys like Hinrich and Jack would be huge upgrades to what we have now, but I would rather find a point guard who can regularly break down defenses and get guys open shots. Hinrich and Jack, while both solid players, don't really do that consistently.

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

I like the Aaron Brooks option....

We need a speed guy who can sink shots.... We really only have
    one penetrator (Kobe) which leads to everyone watching Kobe
    do his thing... even when he's triple teamed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magicmanfan
    I like the Aaron Brooks option....

We need a speed guy who can sink shots.... We really only have
    one penetrator (Kobe) which leads to everyone watching Kobe
    do his thing... even when he's triple teamed!!!
    Brooks can't get out of China until March....unless we make a deal to pay them off. I would love to have him!!!!

NBA rookie of the year

As it stands, this laker team is not a serious contender for the title. They should trade Bynum + Morris + Goudelock + 1st and 2nd round pick for Dwight Howard. Then send the TE and 2nd round pick to the Hawks for Kirk Hinrich

PG: Hinrich/Blake/Fisher
    SG: Bryant/Kapono
    SF: Barnes/Peace/Ebanks
    PF: Gasol/McRoberts
    C: Howard/Murphy

Hinrich is not really what we need at PG and Harris would be awful don't need a 29 year old honestly... would prefer someone younger and quicker. Harris still is decently quick but injuries have slowed him some and he can't shoot.

NBA rookie of the year

Let's remember folks, the Lakers need an upgrade at PG for defensive purposes. Hinrich is probably the best as they come in that regard. If he doesn't work out his 8.1 mill comes off the books by the end of this season as well. Better risk than Devin Harris who has 9.3 mill left on his contract next year and not known for his defense.

Jarrett Jack is another option if New Orleans wants to shed some more salary.

Give Mike Taylor a chance!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

I would trade bynum plus filler for D12 and then turn Pau into couple of role players like scola/martin/lowry

Pau for D williams/Beasley/wes johnson/filler

Lakers dont need a BIG 3....they can win with Dwight/Kobe and bunch of good role players like scola/lowry and martin to come off the bench plus who is an expirer next year

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Let's remember folks, the Lakers need an upgrade at PG for defensive purposes. Hinrich is probably the best as they come in that regard. If he doesn't work out his 8.1 mill comes off the books by the end of this season as well. Better risk than Devin Harris who has 9.3 mill left on his contract next year and not known for his defense.

Jarrett Jack is another option if New Orleans wants to shed some more salary.

OK........If we trade for a PG who then comes off the books, we'll be in a worse spot next year than we are now....right?

I hope we are not dumb enough to attempt a trade with Stern again.......kinda like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football with Lucy holding it....(Ok, I'm old) only to have her repeatedly move the ball causing him to land on his head. Let's not be that guy. I'll bet Stern has told every NBA team to turn down any trade the Lakers offer.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    I would trade bynum plus filler for D12 and then turn Pau into couple of role players like scola/martin/lowry

Pau for D williams/Beasley/wes johnson/filler

Lakers dont need a BIG 3....they can win with Dwight/Kobe and bunch of good role players like scola/lowry and martin to come off the bench plus who is an expirer next year
    Pipe dream dude....

Any how I'm all for getting Howard now for future purposes. Players will make their way to LA in the future if we get him. Yes we need a pg but a franchise big man is harder to find. And no Bynum is not that. I would give up both Bynum n Gasol and get Howard turkeyboy n Nelson.

When I see point guards options oh I think what might of been with chris paul

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    Pipe dream dude....

Any how I'm all for getting Howard now for future purposes. Players will make their way to LA in the future if we get him. Yes we need a pg but a franchise big man is harder to find. And no Bynum is not that. I would give up both Bynum n Gasol and get Howard turkeyboy n Nelson.
    Bingo! I believe many people, both Laker fans and non-fans alike, who talk about the Lakers needing a PG, not Howard, are only thinking of now. A ring doesn't seem likely this year so they might as well prepare for the future. Bryant has another 2-3 years of elite production and Howard along with the right supporting cast could yield one last hurrah. Not to mention the Lakers just made that Time Warner TV deal last year.

How about hire AI for cheap or temporary hire until we get true young PG? He could be of use to us for now I think. At least he can be that other guy other than Kobe to attack the paint.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 01-25-2012 at 12:53 AM.