Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Let's set the bickering aside, both Griffin and Lebron are freaks of nature, the next evolution of basketball players. I'm obviously Kobe fan but I have to give credit to both those guys......that big, strong and fierce....wow.
    Those guys would've scored 200 points in a game if they played in the 60's like Wilt.....and that's no insult to Wilt.

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Let's set the bickering aside, both Griffin and Lebron are freaks of nature, the next evolution of basketball players. I'm obviously Kobe fan but I have to give credit to both those guys......that big, strong and fierce....wow.
    Those guys would've scored 200 points in a game if they played in the 60's like Wilt.....and that's no insult to Wilt.
    Too far?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Captain Planet would be a sick nickname! Nice job CJ Miles.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Ok, so explain this to me...

Dwight does it in dunk contest... people call it a layup...

Blake does it in a game... best dunk of the year? LMAO. Pricks.

Anyways, very impressive dunk by Blake.

Are people really serious with this? This dunk isn't even top 10 this week. I can't believe there's this much hype over such a mediocre dunk. It's debatable whether it's even a dunk. Ridiculous

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

What? Real people loved it when Dwight did it.

Howard threw the ball in from 5 feet away or more bro. Griffin's fingers hit rim.... completely different animal. Dwight also didn't do this over a very aggressive and good post defender who tried to contest. Nice try though!

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Howard threw the ball in from 5 feet away or more bro. Griffin's fingers hit rim.... completely different animal. Dwight also didn't do this over a very aggressive and good post defender who tried to contest. Nice try though!
    Yes, because throwing it DOWNWARD while FURTHER AWAY FROM THE HOOP is LESS impressive. Clearly. Idiot.

Blake might have a higher vert but he can't reach higher than Dwight can.

I agree with Shogon here.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Are people really serious with this? This dunk isn't even top 10 this week. I can't believe there's this much hype over such a mediocre dunk. It's debatable whether it's even a dunk. Ridiculous
    Name 10 better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    please

btw I understand though some of you feel "hot cake already cold" syndrome, I maybe would not think the dunk is that great after seeing million people hype him n just seeing it on youtube days later.

But man.. seeing its live, just..

Yes, because throwing it DOWNWARD while FURTHER AWAY FROM THE HOOP is LESS impressive. Clearly. Idiot.

Of course not. Dwight has a monster reach/wingspan and a nearly equal vert. Not saying it wasn't impressive. You basically said what's the big deal, Dwight did this... which is WRONG. Dwight never went over a defender like this who was contesting the dunk. Hell Dwight has never had a dunk on this level period.

This is on the level of Wilkins, Kemp, Jordan and Carter. Griffin is in that tier of dunkers, Dwight isn't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Of course not. Dwight has a monster reach/wingspan and a nearly equal vert. Not saying it wasn't impressive. You basically said what's the big deal, Dwight did this... which is WRONG. Dwight never went over a defender like this who was contesting the dunk. Hell Dwight has never had a dunk on this level period.

This is on the level of Wilkins, Kemp, Jordan and Carter. Griffin is in that tier of dunkers, Dwight isn't.
    shut up fool

Huge, HUGE difference between doing it in the middle of an NBA game and an exhibition where you have all your energy and fresh legs. Kobe last year in the all-star game looked like he was 25 again.