Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: According to new study, New Zealand is "most free" country in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real JW
    They apparently do have guns.
    So do most of the other countries listed to my knowledge. However, seems like guns have no impact in keeping you free from tyranny. I mean if guns had a significant impact on keeping people free than how does that explain the erosion of rights we've seen over the last few years???

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Default Re: According to new study, New Zealand is "most free" country in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    So do most of the other countries listed to my knowledge. However, seems like guns have no impact in keeping you free from tyranny. I mean if guns had a significant impact on keeping people free than how does that explain the erosion of rights we've seen over the last few years???
    Well, if a selected group of countries all allow private gun ownership and one of the countries allegedly has eroding rights, you can't conclude from that alone that guns are or aren't having an impact because guns wouldn't be the only (or even most significant) factor.

Netherlands at 2

Hume>Kunt.

What a joke poster. You're arguing against a useless point; if there is truly a tyrannical government in this modern age, obviously citizens cannot hope to fight on a whole other playing field technologically.
    To say that guns has had no impact on the recent erosion of rights implies a need for insurrection. Guns may not keep you free from tyranny, but they allow you to fight against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    What a joke poster. You're arguing against a useless point; if there is truly a tyrannical government in this modern age, obviously citizens cannot hope to fight on a whole other playing field technologically.
    To say that guns has had no impact on the recent erosion of rights implies a need for insurrection. Guns may not keep you free from tyranny, but they allow you to fight against it.
    It is a point that gun nuts bring up, but I also reject that guns are going to help fight against tyranny. It is a joke to think that they would help vs. the capabilities of the US military.

Hume>Kunt.

It is a point that gun nuts bring up, but I also reject that guns are going to help fight against tyranny. It is a joke to think that they would help vs. the capabilities of the US military.
    That is not the point. The point is that in the instance of tyrannical rule, a militia would be better able to protect itself than with their bare hands. Real tyranny, not your "tyranny" of the last couple of years.
    Look up the Iraqi insurrections, Soviet-Afghani conflict, Hungarian Revolution of 1956, etc.
    All cases where citizens with guns helped fight against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yeah, you can read the full document here:
    Brantoli and LJJ, thanks for you replies. When the 1999 handover was going to happen, the neighborhood next to mine in Brooklyn became a Chinatown in just a couple of years.

Middle-earth here I come!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    But they hate us for our 'freedoms'! I mean that's the reason why we got attacked correct?

So even pre-9/11 how different were those countries from America? I mean, why weren't they attacked?

Shit, from almost all of the polls that I've seen in the past 20 years, Canada always appears to be amongst the top 5 in anything positive. Why weren't they attacked?

Oh yeah, that's right.

They don't impose their 'liberties and freedoms' on Middle Eastern countries and leave them sick, poor and dead.
    158 Canadian troops have died fighting in Afghanistan since 2002.

Killing foreigners and killing fellow citizens is a different story. You cannot deploy the same tactics against your own people as you can foreign nations, because you are essentially asking soldiers to kill their own family and friends. The U.S. military is powerful because of their ability to blow shit up from a distance. If you look at our domestic enforcement, such as the National Guard, it's a complete joke. We can't even stop unarmed Mexicans from crossing our borders at will, or effectively help our own people in times of disaster (see Katrina). An enraged U.S. populace focused on revolution would be more than the U.S. domestic military could handle, unless you believe the U.S. would tactically nuke its own people... and even if they did, it would only further damage their cause, forcing citizens to completely reject the governments authority.

Eventually we will get to see how the U.S. responds to a revolt from its citizens, because it's only a matter of time before a State (like Texas), decides to attempt to secede from the Union. Hopefully it happens in my lifetime, because I'm interested to see how the U.S. government will respond.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Obviously these countries very small roles in such interventions. They wouldn't be involved at all if it weren't for American intervention first.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Obviously these countries very small roles in such interventions. They wouldn't be involved at all if it weren't for American intervention first.
    Canada didn't have a small role, maybe not the role of the US/Brits but Khandhar province is not a small role.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    And your point is?

Kimdot does not agree.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

can someone define freedom