Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015

Im one of the few who always agreed with Lucas when he said that Luke shouldnt get married and have kids, and the emperor shouldnt come back 6,7,8,9 times like he did in the expanded universe.

I actually think the Old republic, and Bane stories are great, but they need to keep the some that stuff in the next generation to a minimum..

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    oh great, the final nail in the coffin for the Star Wars franchise. Thanks George Lucas
    Attack of the Clones was the final nail in the coffin. The Phantom Menace could have just been that one shitty movie in the franchise, but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Attack of the Clones was the final nail in the coffin. The Phantom Menace could have just been that one shitty movie in the franchise, but nope.
    hell even the titles of the prequels were lame as shit

Can't fvcking believe some people here are bitching about this. Yeah, this is going to ruin the franchise, as if the prequels didn't already stomp the life out of it and piss on its corpse. Also, are we forgetting who owns Marvel? Pixar? Yeah, those two have sure been pumping out nothing but trash ever since Disney bought them...

Also, as one article stated, Lucas is going to be the creative consultant for the films, but has said that it's time for a new generation of film makers to do the series. THIS IS A GOOD THING.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

This is crazy. This is the first thing I read when I signed online today. The first thing they need to do is release the original 3 on Blu-Ray untouched. No edits or added features. Just the original 3 on Blu-Ray.

Have you guys seen that guy who reviews the Star Wars prequels? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

He's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    This is crazy. This is the first thing I read when I signed online today. The first thing they need to do is release the original 3 on Blu-Ray untouched. No edits or added features. Just the original 3 on Blu-Ray.
    It's still mind-boggling why this hasn't been done yet. Very little effort on their part, and it's free money. They'd basically just have to overcharge for it and the die-hards would buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Have you guys seen that guy who reviews the Star Wars prequels? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

He's hilarious
    I hope to Christ that whoever directs the sequel marathons these reviews before taking on the task.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I officially renounce my right to support this film, that is unless WALL-E finds himself wielding a lightsabre.
    angry birds are wielding lightsabres already so we are way past wall-e

its really popular to rag on the prequels, but they werent as bad as people make them out to be. They are bad in comparison to the buzz and impact that the original trilogy had.... but the franchise was not killed by the prequels

I think this is bad because now star wars will be as generic to me as all the friggin batman, and marvel, and avenger crap out there that may look pretty but is the same ole story over and over and over again for the 100th time...

I hope Disney proves me wrong but I doubt it..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    So, Selena as Princess Leia and Justin as Han
    hell yeah

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I love it. I'm in the 1% who actually liked the prequels Besides the actors who played Anakin(Llyod, that Hayden dude) who were beyond awful I really enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    its really popular to rag on the prequels, but they werent as bad as people make them out to be. They are bad in comparison to the buzz and impact that the original trilogy had.... but the franchise was not killed by the prequels

I think this is bad because now star wars will be as generic to me as all the friggin batman, and marvel, and avenger crap out there that may look pretty but is the same ole story over and over and over again for the 100th time...

When was the last time you watched the prequels? They were objectively terrible movies. I can typically understand why people like some movies that I don't (I get why people love Transformers even though I can't stand it), but everything about the prequels is bad. Boring to look at, bad acting, horrendous story, and retroactively make the original trilogy worse with all that "midoclorian" bullshit or however it's spelled. Really, if you like the prequels, I want to know why, other than just "because it's Star Wars!"

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I love it. I'm in the 1% who actually liked the prequels Besides the actors who played Anakin(Llyod, that Hayden dude) who were beyond awful I really enjoyed them.

I think Im wit you.... I didnt love the prequels, but go back and watch them sometimes, and the worst part (Worse than Jar-jar or anything else) was how Anakin seemed like an empty character. The story progressed in a way that mad him out to be just some arrogant little whiny kid. The book was much better... I even check out the Cg series and that gives a much better view of Anakin and makes it easier to see how he became Vader..

Palpatine & the story behind his ascension was brillant though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1

dude..the prequels were terrible, especially the first one. and this is coming from someone who caught the midnight showing.

I still can't believe how sh*t episode 1 and 2 were.

Remember this? It's like they got a room full of virgins and asked them to write a romance story