View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #86
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Do you think the Beijing Olympics will be Rigged?

I agree people should want to represent their country more. It's unfortunate, but they don't. The guys who are the best players get paid too much money. They are making 15 to 20 million dollars per year. They don't want to risk injury at the Olympics. They don't purposely create an excuse to lose. The mind set is different here. To those players an NBA championship is considered much more elite than a gold medal. To be honest, it probably is more difficult for a single person on that team to win an NBA championship rather than all of them winning a gold medal. You say that countries are missing a couple players. I agree some are. Some of them because they have players in the NBA. But you contradict yourself with the huge list of players from the NBA. We aren't just missing one or two players. If we changed out 5 of those guys we would nearly be a lock for the gold. But it all goes back to the fact that these guys make too much money in the NBA and covet that championship more.

Like I said before, if more americans cared about USA basketball, there would be more than just me posting. I've even asked others to post. Nobody cares. It's tough to swallow, but I guess for now all people care about is the NBA. I think it has something to do with how the USA is such a melting pot for cultures. We have so many people here who are immigrants that it has somewhat killed the patriotism. Since a lot of people in the States aren't American they don't care about team USA. I don't mean that to sound as bad as it might come off, but I really don't know any other way to word it. Hopefully team USA can make some last minute additions and toughen up the lineup.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote