Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Training camp/pre-season!

Brian T. Smith: DeMarre Carroll has life advice for Enes Kanter:

Burks said he added around 10 lbs, playing around 200 last year to around 209 right now. The two younger big men have become both stronger and leaner. Favors was quite chiseled last year and added some muscle while not looking too bulky and Kanter looked every bit as muscular as his Twitter profile said.

From Hollinger:
    Scouting report
    + Undersized, high-energy 4 who can score around basket or hit midrange jumpers.
    + Excellent rebounder with good hands and wide frame. Amazing knack for steals.
    + Size a problem defensively. Good passer. Moves well without ball into openings.

Analysis
    Millsap might be the most underrated player in the league. I love this guy. He's not a prototype 4 because he's undersized, but he's athletic, skilled and just knows how to play. He beats smaller players on post-ups, takes bigger ones off the dribble and confounds both with his midrange jump shot.

Last season was his best yet -- he averaged better than a point every two minutes, ranked sixth among power forwards in player efficiency rating, and had he been in the Eastern Conference certainly would have made the All-Star Game. The key is how broad-based his skills are: Millsap was in the top half of power forwards in every category I track except fouls per minute. All of them.

He was in the top quarter of power forwards in rebounds and assists. He got to the line and made his freebies. He made 41.6 percent of his long 2s and 71.6 percent of his shots in the basket area. He didn't turn it over. While he lacks a single defining go-to move, he has such an assortment of options that he can score on nearly anybody; in particular, his ball skills have really improved.

And for an undersized 4, his defense sure doesn't seem to be a problem. He fouls a lot, and that keeps him off the court sometimes. However, the Jazz were once again better with him on the court than off it, while Synergy's stats rated him above the league average for power forwards.

And then there's this little nugget: Millsap averaged 2.25 steals per 40 minutes. To put that in perspective, no other frontcourt player averaged more than 2.0, and no small forward matched Millsap's total either. The top 11 players in steal rate last season were 10 guys 6-4 or shorter -- and Paul Millsap.
    Doesn't sound like a guy I want to bench, trade or start at the 3.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 10-01-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Paul Millsap asked today if #Jazz would be first choice in contract year.Seemed floored by question and said, "why wouldn't they be?"

Mo's interviews were intriguing because of his immediate claim to the leadership role of the Utah Jazz. In his discussion with Locke, Mo talked about taking Alec Burks under his wing, saying that Burks "is not a 29% shooter".
    I think Burks will become a better shooter too. His shot looks good. Not like Brewer.

Backup point guard Earl Watson proclaimed himself healthy Monday after missing the postseason with a knee injury. He didn

But not long after the high of being invited to Jazz camp, which officially began Tuesday, Mekel quickly learned that he would have to turn down the opportunity because he would not be able to secure the required working visa for several days, likely forcing him to miss at least a week of practices. "Although the lack of an American work permit ruled me out for Utah's training camp, I feel good about my future," Mekel told Eurobasket. "It's very likely I'll play in Europe this year. Armed with all this new knowledge about how I can better my game, my goals are to keep improving my game, help my new team win and be prepared for possibly coming back to the United States next summer for either the NBA summer league or training camp in October." Eurobasket.com

Rookie guard Kevin Murphy left the team to be with his wife, who is giving birth to the couple

Millsap said Monday that he would "absolutely" like to re-sign with Utah. It raises, however, the question of how the Jazz can commit to both Millsap and Favors. Salt Lake Tribune
    How? Get rid of Al ASAP.

Brian T. Smith: Mo Williams said he and wife expecting fifth child in Feb. Said he has deal with baby: Be born during All-Star break, get nice car. Twitter @tribjazz
    Fits right in in SLC.

[QUOTE]Enes Kanter has arrived in camp with a different body, a new found confidence and from early reports a different game.

In the first night of scrimmaging Kanter hit some outside jump shots, showed a move other than the up and under and impressed numerous of his teammates. One player pointed out he even passed the ball out of the post on a few occasions.

Much of Kanter

[QUOTE]INSIDER

[QUOTE]INSIDER

The Jazz signed Foye in the offseason after a courtship that spanned more than two years. The guard has played for Minnesota, Washington and the Los Angeles Clippers, since he was drafted with the No. 7 pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. In 2010, Foye says he "was a step away from flying here and signing a contract."

Jazz Vice President and former General Manage Kevin O

[QUOTE]INSIDER