Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

I am european basketball fan and I have no problems admiting that NBA has better player talent than Euroleague...

Even you Euroleague (the poster) admid that Krstic is atleast a top 3 center in Europe, and you know that he never was anywhere near that level in the NBA? So? How come is Euroleague average center better than NBA?

2 years back we brought Nathan Jawai from NBA to Partizan, he sucked his first season, completely awful, now when he adjusted he is playing for Barca and is probably better than average Euroleague center, he was never close to being an average NBA center...

And who do you consider an average european center?
    Last edited by Partizan; 01-16-2013 at 10:20 AM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    As I suspected for a long time now, you only watch Partizan games. And I am NOT believing you anymore from now on when you deny it.
    If I only watched Partizan games I wouldn't know how bad Barcelona is playing , I'm sorry but team with "best" C in Europe wouldn't lose to Estudiantes by 20+ points .

Bourousis is a player than can do everything good but isn't great at anything and he can be stop because of that , Pekovic on the other hand will almost always have good games because even thogh he isn't as good as mid range or 3 point shooter like Bourousis he uses what he knows and he is almost unstopable at it so thats why he is better .

I don't care if you or someone else on the internet dosen't belive what games I watch it's your choice .

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    I am european basketball fan and I have no problems admiting that NBA has better player talent than Euroleague...

Even you Euroleague (the poster) admid that Krstic is atleast a top 3 center in Europe, and you know that he never was anywhere near that level in the NBA? So? How come is Euroleague average center better than NBA?

2 years back we brought Nathan Jawai from NBA to Partizan, he sucked his first season, completely awful, now when he adjusted he is playing for Barca and is probably better than average Euroleague center, he was never close to being an average NBA center...

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Krstic could be good C in NBA if he played with great defensive PF who is very good rebounder just like Khryapa is in Europe , that way his weakneses wouldn't be as bad for the team .
    Krstic was a very decent/above average centre during his NJN prior to his injury while playing with Kidd/Jefferson.

Bourousis is definitely better than Pekovic.
    Hes easily more talented, skilled and has a higher IQ than Pekovic but Pek is more effective and his game is more suited to the NBA and hes just so damn hard to stop due to his physical nature. On a pure talent basis yeah he is but as far as impact and overal probs have to do with Pek.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan

I really don't care what you think. It is clear that you do not watch the NBA. Anyone that watches both leagues regularly, and really thinks the NBA is better than Euroleague is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    If I only watched Partizan games I wouldn't know how bad Barcelona is playing , I'm sorry but team with "best" C in Europe wouldn't lose to Estudiantes by 20+ points .

Bourousis is a player than can do everything good but isn't great at anything and he can be stop because of that , Pekovic on the other hand will almost always have good games because even thogh he isn't as good as mid range or 3 point shooter like Bourousis he uses what he knows and he is almost unstopable at it so thats why he is better .

I don't care if you or someone else on the internet dosen't belive what games I watch it's your choice .
    No. You are definitely mainly only watching Partizan games. I have seen you make many comments here that imply that. And I never said Tomic was the best center in Europe. You just imagined that. You sound more and more like an NBA only fan every day. Pekovic's play in the NBA, and talking with lunatic psychopaths like gabepizza here, has given you the NBA only fan disease.

And seriously.......domestic league regular seasons have NOTHING to do with Euroleague. You are making posts on the level of gabepizza and Grinder.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-16-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    **** YOU you racist asshole.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

The other day after that STUPID loss to the Clippers, Nikola Pekovic told the media "we have to learn how to win."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-love/4173289/

"We need to know how to win and play hard all the way to the end," Pekovic said. "Winning is a habit, like everything else. We still need to get over the hump to learn how to close out these games."

Tonight he completely took Gortat & Nene apart, just like he did to Griffin & that what's-his-name center that can jump real high but is a twig and dumber than a sponge on the Clips.
    His 18-10 stats tonight do not reflect what he did. He completely disrupted the Wiz guards, took over their paint.... everything.

The fact is, the dude knows exactly what he is talking about. Here's his resume:

Won the 2009 Euroleague with Panathinaikos Athens...named to the 2008-09 All-Euroleague First Team...named the 2007-08 Euroleague Week-1 MVP...named the 2008-09 Euroleague Top 16 Week-1 MVP...won the 2005-06 Serbia & Montenegro National Championship with BC Partizan Belgrade…won the 2006-07 and 2007-08 Serbian National Championship with BC Partizan Belgrade…won the 2008-09 and 2009-10 Greek National Championship with Panathinaikos Athens...won the 2008 Serbian National Cup with BC Partizan Belgrade...won the 2009 Greek National Cup with Panathinaikos Athens...won the 2007 and 2008 Adriatic League with BC Partizan Belgrade...has been member of the Serbia & Montenegro U-18 and U-20 National Team…won the gold medal at the 2006 European U-20 Championship…won the bronze medal at the 2005 European U-20 Championship..

[COLOR="Red"]Pek has done nothing but [COLOR="Red"]win[/COLOR] all his life.
    The Wolves need to quit jacking around and start listening to Pekovic.
    [/COLOR]

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Dude crushed Al Jefferson tonight and continues to dominate every center in the NBA. Granted it was the hapless Bobcats, but AJ normally is no slouch.

They played each other straight up tonight, and although Charlotte Bobcats consistently double teamed #14 it made absolutely no difference:

Pekovic 26 & 6 & 3 assists, 10 of 14 shooting - in just 27 minutes.
    Jefferson 8 & 7 & 2 assists, 3 of 9 shooting

In the 3rd quarter tonight, The Mad Montenegrin reeled off a sensational performance, completely taking over the game, playing powerful defense, dragging down important rebounds, and scoring 13 straight points for the Wolves. He utterly destroyed the entire Charlotte team's morale - the game went straight to garbage time when he walked off to roaring applause in the last minute of the 3rd.

After 3 years - 1&1/2 living on the bench for some mystery, and 1 when he was injured 20+ games - now nearly midway through his 4th year, Nikola Pekovic is unquestionably one of the Top 5 centers in the NBA. CBS Sports agrees:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerr...egularseason/C

NIK- OH- LAAAA!!!!
    Last edited by La Frescobaldi; 01-11-2014 at 12:27 AM.

According to gabepizza he would never ever be good enough to make the NBA, then after he did, he would never ever be anything but a 3rd string center.

According to Dr.J4ever, everything gabepizza said on that was "true and the facts".

Decent college freshman

He had an awful first 3-4 weeks and since then has been absolutely beasting.

I would say he is close to our MVP even with Love's ridic stats.

Pek is a beast. Love his game. Great hands and touch around the hoop. Physical man defender and good rebounder.

18/9 on 52/73% is nothing to scoff at.

He's a terrible help defender though... and so is Love. They compliment each other on offense, but their rim protection is non-existent on defense.

Wolves go away from him for some retarded reason. Adelman can't rein in his guards. Minny badly coached team. that team needs discipline if they're going away from Pek in the post. maybe bench some chuckers and teach guys a lesson.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Pek is a beast. Love his game. Great hands and touch around the hoop. Physical man defender and good rebounder.

18/9 on 52/73% is nothing to scoff at.

He's a terrible help defender though... and so is Love. They compliment each other on offense, but their rim protection is non-existent on defense.
    Pek can't jump so there is a reason he is a bad weak side defender.

Love should really be better.

gabepizza's statement how pek is 3 string C