Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is Roseanne the greatest sitcom of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    It's funnier that's why it deserves to be ranked higher.

I've watched all these shows you've named in your rant, and Martin is funnier. I liked Larry Sander Show, Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible. It was cool as a kid growing up, but watch it as a grown man and you might puke.

Why Martin is being listed as a cookie cutter sitcom it beyond me. Martin did what he wanted in his series, that was act a damn fool. It's obviously not for you if you don't like it.

Obviously, Martin is gonna be different from the Cosby Show. They are both gonna be different from Roseanne. All three will be different from Cheers. All four will be different from Larry Sanders, Step By Step and so forth. If you don't like it fine, watch something you don't like.

I could never get into Friends, but I doubt it was a terrible show. I watched it a few times, it just wasn't for me, move on. Martin was not for you, doesn't mean it's terrible, just move on.
    That's an awful long post just to say you have a wack taste and low standard.

With Friends, you have to watch from the first episode otherwise you won't get a lot of the jokes cause a lot of it are continuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    That's an awful long post just to say you have a wack taste and low standard.
    WTF is wack taste and low standards?

Martin = low standards
    Friends = high standards.

Thanks for letting me know this.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Just watched roast of her the other day.

Banned

WTF is wack taste and low standards?

Martin = low standards
    Friends = high standards.

Thanks for letting me know this.

Ah so when it comes to sitcoms, you're the Guru who decides if something is corny or funny, but we can't judge your standard and taste? Right on.

Sit down and watch another brother dress up as a fat granny and fart. Har-Har-Har! Look at that silly Martin, acting a fool, dressing like his 'ghetto' neightbour girl. Har-Har-Har! Aren't these black folks something? Glad we aren't watching that corny Frasier crap!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Frasier was a great show, really funny, it did get kind of shitty towards the end though. I'd place with Cheers right behind shows like AD and Seinfeld.
    Frasier is my favorite sitcom. Niles is just fantastic.

Ah so when it comes to sitcoms, you're the Guru who decides if something is corny or funny, but we can't judge your standard and taste? Right on.

Sit down and watch another brother dress up as a fat granny and fart. Har-Har-Har! Look at that silly Martin, acting a fool, dressing like his 'ghetto' neightbour girl. Har-Har-Har! Aren't these black folks something? Glad we aren't watching that corny Frasier crap!
    Who said something was corny, you did? You called Martin a terrible sitcom and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Pretty sure I never said the shows you watch were "wack" and "corny" besides Full House, and we both agreed on that one, right?

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

The Wonder Years!

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604
    The Wonder Years!
    Wonders Years was great. It still comes on some network along with Dougie Howser.

Pete and Pete.

Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude! close behind.

Banned

ehm...

Frasier is alright, but still somewhat corny. Full House is terrible.

ehm...
    Alright, yet somewhat corny does not mean it's terrible. Alright means it's very watchable.

You wrote like 2 separate poat on how Martin is a terrible cookie cutter sitcom with no plots and a bunch of other things. Your Martin rant >>>>> my Frasier statement.

Banned

Alright, yet somewhat corny does not mean it's terrible. Alright means it's very watchable.

You wrote like 2 separate poat on how Martin is a terrible cookie cutter sitcom with no plots and a bunch of other things. Your Martin rant >>>>> my Frasier statement.
    I dont even know what a cookie cutter is. So wrong again my friend. 2 strikes.

I dont even know what a cookie cutter is. So wrong again my friend. 2 strikes.
    My mistake, it was Angel Eyes who described Martin as cookie cutter. With that said, you still spoke about Martin a few times in this thread about it basically being a terrible sitcom.

Damn, Chapallaz what a coincidence I stumbled upon today.
    Your boy Kelsey Grammer looks to be dumbing himself down to join Martin Lawrence in a new sitcom. I wonder in Martin will have him wear a dress for the pilot episode?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2410249.html

[QUOTE]It would be the biggest star pairing on a TV series in a long long time. Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence are considering pairing up to star in and produce a multi-camera comedy together for Lionsgate TV and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury. We hear it started with a November meeting right before Thanksgiving between Grammer, Lawrence and Lionsgate where the two actors showed great chemistry