Page 16 of 153 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Wasn't able to watch the Bellmount game out here, but I assume we had troubles with ball handling? It seems as if more teams are pressing us and it takes up to 6 seconds off the clock to get the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    sorry i had to post that because illinifan posted a pic of you guys beating us in the arizona fan thread

No need to start problems

Good Lord, that was a gut wrenching win. Haven't been that emotionally invested in a game since Zona.

I love this team.

They toughed it out and didn't shake. Even McBride played rather nicely though he shot horribly. Brian, Warren, and Jamar weren't rattled at all and kept fighting through the game. Chester, I love the kid. He's tough and doesn't know when to quit. And I feel bad for him cause he wasn't fair to well with the traps and pressure, but he still was able to hit big shots and free throws. Jamar, I love that he didn't stop shooting even though he had his fair share of bad misses. He loves that big shot and he'll take it if he's open.

Shaun. He played like a man tonight. A straight up STUD. His post scoring has become phenomenol. He's getting the timing right, learning to read his guy with his back behind the basket. WIthout him, there'd be no game. Great game, if he works on his defensive rotations he'd be complete. I love that he calls for the ball too and is patient.

Like Game said before, the ball handling problem really showed this game. We passed out of it like the textbook tells us, but we really need a ball handler. I like that Jamar and Rich were able to do it, but the traps they sent at Chester were fast and hard. If we are able to succeed in conference play, ball handling will need to be improved majorly. As well as free throws but I'm not too worried about that.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I think we did a terrific job of handling the press tonight. I don't know how many turnovers we had, but few of them, if any, were created by Mizzou's full-court pressure.

Their PG, Hannah, is terrific. But I hate how whenever a kid from Illinois (Hannah's from Chicago) plays well against the Illini, the announcers have to bring up how the kid wanted to be recruited by Illinois, etc. Christ, if we'd taken that kid people would be wondering why we'd taken such an unheralded player. It's a lose-lose situation, being in a state with so many great players. You miss out on the great players, you suck, no matter that everyone in the nation is going after that guy (Scheyer, Collins, Rose, etc). If someone so happens to fly under the radar and turn out to be a stud like Stefhon Hannah, you suck again, because why didn't you recruit the guy? Gimme a break. No matter that guys like Jamar and Brock were in similar situations and turned out to be players.

Anyway...terrific job by Pruitt tonight, but I thought Randle was the key. He was everywhere.

Brian's game has gotten a lot smoother than I remember. He had great moves to the basket.

As far as the handling, it was shaky at the end with getting the ball inbound and then getting trapped in the corners. Then the turnover that resulted in the foul on Lyon. It could've been pressure break down, but they trapped us ridiculous and in-bounding became hard. We wasted like two time outs cause of the traps in the second half. It's good to pass out, that's what we learn since you start playing ball, but at this level, it should only be used at hard presses, not for the entire game. Offensive sets are harder to get into and what not.

Atleast my opinion.

Yeah, I should've been more specific.

I think we did a very good job of breaking the press in the full-court. But they still accomplished much of what they want to do with it in terms of disrupting our offense. While they didn't do much damage in terms of turning us over n the fullcourt, we didn't often get into our halfcourt sets as effectively as we'd like, because of the effort to break the pressure.

But all in all, we did a pretty good job in surviving their version of 40 minutes of hell.

Definitely. We still own Mizzou and bring on Idaho St.

Martez Wilson = Illini.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Martez Wilson = Illini.
    Awesome

Down by 3 to Idaho state right now....
    Last edited by IlliniFan; 12-21-2006 at 10:35 PM.

Illini = #1

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Illini = #1
    lol damn you guys had a big win 2nite

idaho st...keep scheduling the big boys

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    lol damn you guys had a big win 2nite

idaho st...keep scheduling the big boys

Bring it on little man.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Warren Carter didn't play last game against Idaho State. How bad is he hurt? Was it just precautionary so he would be ready for Xavier? I haven't heard anything so I don't think it's serious.

I didnt see the game, all I know is that he bumped knees against Mizzou and couldn't return. I hope it's not too serious.