Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Grinder any international prospects for 2012 draft?

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    After the Euroleague Final Four, I am hearing from most European scouts that the NBA scouts that were in attendance are all saying that the 3 young Greeks, Kostas Sloukas, Vangelis Mantzaris, and Kostas Papanikolaou all have a good chance to be drafted.

It amazes me at how stupid these NBA scouts are. That they would need to see these guys playing at a Euroleague Final Four to just now grasp that they can play in the NBA. The fact that before the Final Four, they were apparently not considered NBA material is pretty much proof of how pathetic these NBA scouts really are.

Like they really think any college age kid can be a key rotation player for a club like Olympiacos in Euroleague?

Anyway, I feel bad for Pappas. He's the best of all the young Greeks and evidently he's not even on the NBA draft radar. Katsikaris really screwed him.

I am starting to think that he did it on orders of the Greek Basketball Federation so that they keep the NBA from knowing how good he is, so that Panathinaikos can scoop him up long term cheaply.

It also seems that Shved will be playing in the NBA next year, according to everyone I have talked to.

BTW, for all the NBA only fan Spanoulis haters out there, who in this forum say he is a scrub that isn't good enough for the NBA...........the European scouts all said that every NBA scout in attendance was blown away by how he ran his team as a point guard.

They were apparently all extremely impressed at his basketball IQ, decision making, and his clutch ability in big games and big moments. A couple European scouts said that more than one NBA scout in attendance said that NBA teams would be fighting over Spanoulis the instant he said he wanted to play there.

The NBA scouts also were apparently high on Keselj, who is a huge talent that is just finally starting to show some signs of his ability, Navarro (as always), and Teodosic.

From what I hear, even though he played awful in the second half of the final, the NBA scouts still were really impressed by his talent level.

The NBA scouts were also said to be very high on Printezis after how he played.

This stuff is funny though, it really is. That these NBA scouts get paid so much money, yet they can't even identify if a Euroleague player can play in the NBA without seeing him "in person" at a Euroleague Final Four.

The NBA teams REALLY need to fire their scouts. They are obviously a bunch of incompetent morons.
    I agree NBA has bad international scouts but Papanikolau probably had best game of his carear so you cant blame them for not noticing him , how old is he ? I had a felling he is 24 or 25 , can he be drafted ? When Keselj played for Serbian NT he showed that he has potential to be one of the best 3 point shooters in the world but he cant create space for himself . This season he improved his defense and his ball handling , hd was always great athleate . Everyone that knows something aboute basketball know that Spanoulis and Teodosic are great players and you dont even have to be a basketball fan to see that . Where did you find this information ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I agree NBA has bad international scouts but Papanikolau probably had best game of his carear so you cant blame them for not noticing him , how old is he ? I had a felling he is 24 or 25 , can he be drafted ? When Keselj played for Serbian NT he showed that he has potential to be one of the best 3 point shooters in the world but he cant create space for himself . This season he improved his defense and his ball handling , hd was always great athleate . Everyone that knows something aboute basketball know that Spanoulis and Teodosic are great players and you dont even have to be a basketball fan to see that . Where did you find this information ?
    Papanikoloau is 21.

Well, according to 95+% of this forum, Spanoulis and Teodosic are among the world's worst players.

The info is from a European scout (he works for the European clubs scouting in Greece and Italy) that was at the final four, and was talking to 2 NBA scouts and getting the word on what all the NBA scouts were talking about.

Keselj was an epic disaster last year and at the start of this year. What happened was that he was going to clubs and partying and was not focusing on his training.

The owners of Olympiacos and Ivkovic fined him, put him out of the playing rotation and came down on him pretty hard. Supposedly he was told that his big contract was going to be voided if he did not start behaving professionally. And, with how he had played, no one was giving him the money he makes in Olympiacos.

Ever since then, he started training, focusing, and not going to the clubs to party. By no coincidence, he started playing much better. He was playing really good defense and making good athletic plays, and hitting timely 3 pointers.

The problem is he just can't do much on offense except dunk or shoot 3s. I hope he keeps from the partying, because he can be a really nice player going forward. We know what he can do from EuroBasket and FIBA World Cup.

But evidently, he has had maturity issues. He's supposedly on his very last chance from Ivkovic.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-15-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borat_Sagdyev
    I don't think he declared for the draft.

I am watching this kid Vassilis Kavvadas in the Greek League playoffs. Dude is a straight out BEAST.

This guy has some serious potential. I don't think he declared for the draft though. Damn though, this guy is a monster around the basket.

Kavvadas............this guy is going to be a monster. Biggest Greek talent in YEARS.