Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

Tdk.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

IHTT, what civil dude would resort to violence in a conversation about movies?

If I judged people based solely on their movie interests, I wouldn't have many friends. I like a lot of foreign and indie movies, but sometimes people who share that same interest with me are too arrogant for me. (not saying I'm not, but in this case I don't mind being a little hypocritical) As long as the other person is open minded to the movies I like I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    IHTT, what civil dude would resort to violence in a conversation about movies?
    I can tell he likes to just push and prod people to get them worked up, but a lot of the time he just comes off as a jerk

It isn't a movie, but someone once told me when I first met them that their favourite TV show was Mad Men, and I knew right away she was an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    It isn't a movie, but someone once told me when I first met them that their favourite TV show was Mad Men, and I knew right away she was an idiot.
    What's wrong with mad men? Its one of the better quality shows out there.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    You obviously got offended. And once again, judging by the title, you cant tell what language it is unless you're a language expert.

Quit being an illogical dumbass. It was an extremely nit-picky criticism which points to being offended.
    I know you can't tell by the title. But how did you come to the conclusion it was Chinese? Just saying... You obviously read the names, but came to a conclusion based on your horse blinders. Many of you wear them.

Instead of coming to conclusions, I read more, and it told me that it was Japanese. You think I ever heard of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    I couldn't even tell it was an asian movie with the title: Lolita vib-zeme or whatever. Sounds more european to me, only when I saw the director's name could I tell it was japanese.

Do movie titles like: "Old boy" "In the mood for love" or "Chocolate" tell you they're asian?
    Neither could I. It sounded French at first.

Old Boy? Not at all. Chocolate either... But people can choose to read further on to find out the origins of the movie instead of making baseless comments.

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate t

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    That's what I was gonna say.

I dunno how many threads have been created here asking people what their favorite movie is, and three months back, over half of them listed "The Dark Knight", like they'd never seen a decent movie until last summer.

Falking pathetic.
    The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies of all time, for no other reason than because it was ****ing fantastic. It has its flaws, but its pros far far far outweigh them. Critical acclaim, commercial acclaim, one of the most memorable(or at the very least popular) performances of all time, and the list goes on. I'd be very surprised if your head wasn't right up its ass when it first came out, and its only now that you're hopping on the "overrated" bandwagon that everybody seems to cherish so dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Tdk.
    Have you even seen it yet?

I'm always pretty drawn to people with completely different tastes than mine.

The only thing I can't stand is when someone is ignorant, but doesn't recognize or acknowledges it. Every thing else is cool with me.

NBA rookie of the year

Menace to Society

John Q - Amazing how many ppl think that this film was a work of art

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate t

Damn, a lot of you guys would hate me then.

TDK is my favorite movie.

Quote Originally Posted by blasian
    Damn, a lot of you guys would hate me then.

TDK is my favorite movie.
    Really?

I don't have a problem with that, but it's April 2009, and you look back in the two decades that constitute your life, and does The Dark Knight prevail over every other film you've seen as a child? Is it a bonafide factual opinion.

Just need confirmation, brosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Really?

I don't have a problem with that, but it's April 2009, and you look back in the two decades that constitute your life, and does The Dark Knight prevail over every other film you've seen as a child? Is it a bonafide factual opinion.

Just need confirmation, brosh.
    At the moment, yes. Call me a follower, I dont care. Its my favorite movie....

Quote Originally Posted by blasian
    At the moment, yes. Call me a follower, I dont care. Its my favorite movie....
    No nothing to do with following. I loved Batman Begins and it'd be in my top 20 easily, and I remember Patiently Waiting and my mind being blown several times throughout summer night viewing of Dark Knight. When the score came, and Bale was running away and the narrator was like... "sometimes the truth just ain't good enough," i had chills like f*ckin Tyrone Biggums. At that precise moment I could've called it my fav.

Perhaps its my memory, but that feeling wore off about six months later. Like I rewatched it on DVD, and it just seemed great but not epic. It's all good tho I'll take your word for it.
    Last edited by Balla_Status; 04-07-2009 at 02:51 PM.

High School Musical and Twilight