Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'ASSOCIATION MODE' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Good to see they haven't fixed the bugs from last years game. When I sign free agents mid season occasionally they sign for say 2mill a year, once their on my roster though they are listed as $0 a season and their contracts expired. Used to do this all the time last year too.
    New bug i've found is I'll sign someone as a role player/sixth man then they immediately get angry about not being a starter when they haven't even played a game yet. The used to be happy in the role that they signed up for and only get angry if they've been in it for awhile or you de mote them.

Anyway my association with the cavs is currently

Irving/E'twaun Moore
    Waiters/Von Wafer
    Gee/Teletovic
    Zach Randoph/Al Harrington
    Roy Hibbert/Tyler Zeller

Line up kills it but Randolph's hogging my cap space. E'twaun moore is a beast in 2013 in this game. I did have Gary Neal and Sjax but had to trade them because they were immediately asking for trades for being role players even though they signed on for that /facepalm
    Ewww .. get rid off Randolph and trade him for an expirer and round picks .. houston should do the job since they have more than 10m cap space.

Trade all the guys that you dont like or dont need and keep the core.

I traded like 7-9 players off my team for expirers and got CP3 on my first free agency with the Bobcats. Didnt have to let go of Kemba Walker and Gilchrist, but had to trade Kemba and round picks for Paul George.. I also traded Ben Gordon for Daquean Cook. I know I traded someone for Shawn Marion, but he chose to sign with the Mavs in the 2nd offseason.

SUCKS THEY DONT HAVE D-LEAGUE ANYMORE, that's where I used to drop off my lottery drafted players and call them back up if someone retired from my team.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 11-11-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Ewww .. get rid off Randolph and trade him for an expirer and round picks .. houston should do the job since they have more than 10m cap space.

I traded like 7-9 players off my team for expirers and got CP3 on my first free agency with the Bobcats. Didnt have to let go of Kemba Walker and Gilchrist, but had to trade Kemba and round picks for Paul George.. I also traded Ben Gordon for Daquean Cook. I know I traded someone for Shawn Marion, but he chose to sign with the Mavs in the 2nd offseason.

SUCKS THEY DONT HAVE D-LEAGUE ANYMORE, that's where I used to drop off my lottery drafted players and call them back up if someone retired from my team.
    How old are you...?

Banned

Randolphs a beast man cleans up the boards too. I don't trade my entire line up I like to keep it semi realistic and identifiable as the original team.

Home of the 16

Randolphs a beast man cleans up the boards too. I don't trade my entire line up I like to keep it semi realistic and identifiable as the original team.

Oh okay ... just saying though. Remember what happened to the Bulls during the draft day like around 09' or 10' ... Their were only 6 players in the roster. They kept their core and rebuilt their team. Just sayin though.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Started my first association, I was stuck on what team to pick so I picked the Bobcats (lol). Haven't really made any moves at all.

My starting lineup:

PG - Kemba Walker
    SG - Ben Gordon
    SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    PF - Bismack Biyombo
    C - Brendan Haywood

Bench:

Ramon Sessions
    Tyrus Thomas
    Gerald Henderson
    Byron Mullens
    Lance Stephenson
    Desagana Diop
    Solomon Alabi
    Damion James

So far the only moves I've made are:

Waived Matt Carrol
    Traded Reggie Williams to the Cavs for a 2013 2nd Round Pick
    Traded a 2014 Second Round pick to the Pacers for Lance Stephenson and a 2013 Second Round Pick (Basically got Lance for nothing since we both swapped picks as well).
    Signed Solomon Alabi to a 1 yr/473 K contract
    Signed Damion James to a 2 yr/3 million dollar contract

Some thoughts:

Kemba is real good in this game, he's a very good scorer. Ben Gordon is a good scorer as well as has a nice shot in this game, he can fill it up in bunches. MKG is AWESOME in this game, he does it all, he's like Iggy-lite and is by far the best player on the team, his shot is pretty awful though. Bismack is a beast on the boards and on defense, but isn't great offensively, I'm lucky to get 10-12 points with him. Haywood sucks and I'm probably going to move Bismack to Center and start Tyrus Thomas at PF, Tyrus is decent in the game. Haywood does NOTHING offensively and isn't very good on the boards either.

I miss the D-League feature, I used to like sending my younger guys to the D-League so they could play, but it looks like that's not an option this year.
    Been spending a bit of time on this Association lately. Right now my record with this team is 16-9. The Bobcats are much improved, Gerald Henderson is an incredible scorer in this game. MKG is just a beast in every aspect, he's been very good offensively and he is just a beast on the defensive end of the ball.

Just made this trade:

I get:
    Richard Jefferson
    Draymond Green
    Andris Biedrins
    Warriors 2013 1st Round Pick

Warriors get:
    Ben Gordon
    Brendan Haywood
    Damion James
    DaSagana Diop
    2014 2nd Round Pick

I liked this trade because:

Haywood is trash, I get rid of Gordon which opens up more playing time for Gerald Henderson, get rid of Diop and get a potential lottery pick - plus this gives me roughly 4 million dollars in cap space.

New starting lineup:

PG - Kemba Walker (Averaging 18/6/4)
    SG - Gerald Henderson (Averaging 15/2/2)
    SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Averaging 20/8/4/2/2)
    PF - Bismack Biyombo (Averaging 7/11/3/3)
    C - Byron Mullens (Averaging 12/8/3)

Bench Rotation:

Ramon Sessions (Averaging 7/7/4)
    Tyrus Thomas (Averaging 7/4)
    Richard Jefferson (Averaging 7/3/3)
    Andris Biedrins (Averaging 2/6/2)

First game following the trade with the Warriors Gerald Henderson dropped 49 points and Kemba went 20 Points/19 Assists/10 Rebounds.
    Last edited by irondarts; 11-18-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Banned

My Cavs are 10-1 on 14 game season on all star difficulty. I find myself having to actually slack off to let teams come back abit or it's getting boring. If I up the difficulty any more the other team makes too many un realistic drives and the game seems to become my offence vs theirs with my d doing nothing.

Been spending a bit of time on this Association lately. Right now my record with this team is 16-9. The Bobcats are much improved, Gerald Henderson is an incredible scorer in this game. MKG is just a beast in every aspect, he's been very good offensively and he is just a beast on the defensive end of the ball.

Just made this trade:

I get:
    Richard Jefferson
    Draymond Green
    Andris Biedrins

Warriors get:
    Ben Gordon
    Brendan Haywood
    Damion James
    DaSagana Diop
    2014 2nd Round Pick

Haywood is trash, I get rid of Gordon which opens up more playing time for Gerald Henderson, get rid of Diop and get a potential lottery pick - plus this gives me roughly 4 million dollars in cap space.

New starting lineup:

Bench Rotation:

First game following the trade with the Warriors Gerald Henderson dropped 49 points and Kemba went 20 Points/19 Assists/10 Rebounds.
    The player stats look great. What sliders do you use and what level do you play at. Nice trade as well, especially since you got that pick.

Banned

I've been wanting to try a sim association, what settings do most people use when simming games?

Home of the 16

Why does the CPU always run FULL COURT PRESS after the 1st quarter? It's so annoying.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Why does the CPU always run FULL COURT PRESS after the 1st quarter? It's so annoying.
    they seem to do it when you have a big lead, the funny thing is it is actually easy to score when they do this.

Just made this trade:

I get:
    Richard Jefferson
    Draymond Green
    Andris Biedrins

Warriors get:
    Ben Gordon
    Brendan Haywood
    Damion James
    DaSagana Diop
    2014 2nd Round Pick

New starting lineup:

Bench Rotation:

Made another trade:

I get:

Jeff Green
    Fab Melo
    2013 1st Round Pick

Celtics get:

Tyrus Thomas
    Jeff Taylor
    Draymond Green
    2013 1st Round Pick

I'm honestly shocked the Celtics accepted this trade. First off, I get rid of Tyrus Thomas and his ridiculous contract. Secondly, I get Green back, who's better than Tyrus, plus I get Fab Melo. Also, it looks like the first round pick I get from the Celtics will be a higher pick than the one I gave them, and if not, they will both be in the high teens or 20's. Plus I still have that Warriors pick.

Also, the game has Green on a 1 year/7 million dollar deal. So I just signed Green to a 4 yr/28 million dollar extension. This also gives me a legitimate scoring threat off of the bench, which was something I was desperately needing.

My record right now is 21-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    The player stats look great. What sliders do you use and what level do you play at. Nice trade as well, especially since you got that pick.
    I used custom sliders, I'll put up the exact sliders later. I've been playing on All Star bur I'm about to change it to Superstar.

Banned

Made another trade:

I get:

Jeff Green
    Fab Melo
    2013 1st Round Pick

Celtics get:

Tyrus Thomas
    Jeff Taylor
    Draymond Green
    2013 1st Round Pick

I'm honestly shocked the Celtics accepted this trade. First off, I get rid of Tyrus Thomas and his ridiculous contract. Secondly, I get Green back, who's better than Tyrus, plus I get Fab Melo. Also, it looks like the first round pick I get from the Celtics will be a higher pick than the one I gave them, and if not, they will both be in the high teens or 20's. Plus I still have that Warriors pick.

Also, the game has Green on a 1 year/7 million dollar deal. So I just signed Green to a 4 yr/28 million dollar extension. This also gives me a legitimate scoring threat off of the bench, which was something I was desperately needing.

My record right now is 21-11.
    Thomas is awesome in game though. He has won back to back DPOY awards in my associations lol.

Any one else find odd people win titles? In myplayer the wolves beat the heat for a ring, in my first association year the suns won. In my current assocation I just finished the season and am starting the play offs. Chris Duhon led the league in assists.....
    This game's broken for when it has to sim something imo.

Thomas is awesome in game though. He has won back to back DPOY awards in my associations lol.

Any one else find odd people win titles? In myplayer the wolves beat the heat for a ring, in my first association year the suns won. In my current assocation I just finished the season and am starting the play offs. Chris Duhon led the league in assists.....
    This game's broken for when it has to sim something imo.
    He might good when simming. But when playing with him he's pretty bad. He's a good defender and blocks shots but he's pretty bad at everything else and he wasn't getting much PT.

Green fits better because he can play the 3 and 4 so he's a better fit coming off of the bench for me than Thomas, as Thomas wasn't effective at the 3.

I've even been playing some super small lineups during games, Sessions at the Point, Kemba at the 2, Richard Jefferson at the 3, MKG at the 4 and Jeff Green at the 5.
    Last edited by irondarts; 11-20-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Banned

He might good when simming. But when playing with him he's pretty bad. He's a good defender and blocks shots but he's pretty bad at everything else and he wasn't getting much PT.

Green fits better because he can play the 3 and 4 so he's a better fit coming off of the bench for me than Thomas, as Thomas wasn't effective at the 3.

I've even been playing some super small lineups during games, Sessions at the Point, Kemba at the 2, Richard Jefferson at the 3, MKG at the 4 and Jeff Green at the 5.
    Agree,
    wasn't dissing your trade just throwing it out there for a reason why they did that deal.