Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: After 15 years, I've officially given up...

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    The enjoyment I get when the raptors do well, is unlike anything else I experience from sports, and I bet pretty heavy at times. The frustrations are on similar level of magnitude. Therefore I would like to recreate that with a team that actually has a chance to do something. I want to follow every single offseason rumor, every rookie in summer league, etc. raps are already taking about two hours of my life a day, don't know if I can do that with two teams
    I hear you, I am the same way when it comes to getting more out of the raptors since the investment is greater. And quite honestly, being sick of mgmt is a legit gripe since colangelo had 7 years, a weak conference, and quite a bit to work with yet he didnt do shit. Personally I feel that next season will also be entertaining and I forecast a 5-8 seed slot but if you are going to cheer for another team all the power to you but as a favour to me just dont go for the lakers or heat mang

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

If Bryan Colangelo's option gets picked up or he gets extended, I'm done too. Not forever but at least until there is a complete overhaul in the team's front office. At that point I will simply become a basketball fan and not follow any team in particular.

It's a shame since I used to go to 8 games a year (I live 2 hours away so to me, that's a lot). I've been to playoff games in three different series. Right now though, I have no desire to spend a single dollar on the Raptors. In fact, if someone gave me free tickets to a game right now I still wouldn't go. The current Raptors are very low on the "what's a good way to spend 3 hours?" scale.

Colangelo started with a young All-Star PF, a #1 pick, a decent young asset (Villanueva), Calderon who would soon become a good asset and cap space. After 7 years what do the Raptors have to show for all that? Two first round exits and now a low lottery team with no All-Stars, no cap space and no draft pick. This team has been run into the ground.

Oh and if (I still won't) there was a team I'd jump ship for, Houston would be it right now. Depending on how they use their upcoming cap space, that could be a team set-up nicely for long-term success.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 03-10-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Just start following teams that have your favorite players on them.

National High School Star

Don't give up. I've been a Clipper fan for like 25 years. I have to tell you when they get good it's an awesomely gratifying feeling. I'm also a Laker fan though so I guess I can't know your pain fully since at least one of my teams is winning. But I do understand the hopelessness of having an inept franchise. Even now I'm worried every day they're going to do something stupid and ruin this good thing they've got going. I've seen it too many times before. Even with the Lakers it's a bit grim since the son of the owner is now taking over.

If you're really intent on changing teams, maybe go for the spurs. They've got good ownership and management. Or wait till the Sonics come back and jump on them. Even though these are west coast teams, since you only need to go to two games a year you can always wait till they're in town.

ive only cheered for two teams in my entire life, the Bulls and the Raptors. I would never "jump ship" because let's face it, as bad as we are as a franchise, we've been worse before.

I usually cheer for the Bulls in the playoffs but that didn't go too well last year so now come playoffs I'm just a basketball fan, I'm just gonna enjoy every game from an unbiased perspective...except if it's the Knicks, Nets, Celtics (division rivals) Lakers (81 pts scarred my fandom for life) and the Heat (just because)

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    ive only cheered for two teams in my entire life, the Bulls and the Raptors. I would never "jump ship" because let's face it, as bad as we are as a franchise, we've been worse before.

I usually cheer for the Bulls in the playoffs but that didn't go too well last year so now come playoffs I'm just a basketball fan, I'm just gonna enjoy every game from an unbiased perspective...except if it's the Knicks, Nets, Celtics (division rivals) Lakers (81 pts scarred my fandom for life) and the Heat (just because)
    So basically, you are going to have to root for the Bulls again because you hate the rest of the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    So basically, you are going to have to root for the Bulls again because you hate the rest of the East.
    lol basically

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Do yourself a favor and start rooting for the Lakers. 16 banners don't lie.

You can watch them live whenever they travel to the East.
    It is ridiculous that you guys count the ones from Minnesota.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Just start following teams that have your favorite players on them.
    nope. downward spiral to becoming a fanboi

Chicaco, don't jump on the Heat wagon because once Lebron leaves, it's shyt again

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Chicaco, don't jump on the Heat wagon because once Lebron leaves, it's shyt again
    Not true at all. Heat have had a good franchise for quite a while and they will always be an attractive destination for free agents. Even when they were having those first round exit seasons they still had a superstar and flexibility for the future

How have the Hawks not been mentioned?

Most likable team in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    I have a hard time jumping ship to such winning franchises.

Then stay with the Raptors

I can relate mate. I feel the same for the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    I can relate mate. I feel the same for the Warriors
    You should definitely change teams, I don't think the swings are good for your heart