Originally Posted by BigTicket
1. He does have an excellent chance of passing Kareem for most All-NBA selections alltime, which is a great accomplishment. I don't think he'll be getting any more 1st team selections though, so he probably won't pass Malone for that record.
2. This one is really not a big deal, since he has played far more games than Jordan
3. This one is actually impressive, and would surprise most people. Also it goes directly against one of the most common criticisms of Kobe, so I think it'll be the one that will "sting his haters the most" to use the OPs word choice.
1. he already has the record.. hes tied with malone at 11 for the nba record
2. hes kobe bryant. he'l make 1st team all nba's until hes retired just based on his name. forget the fact that he'l probably average more ppg this year with the loss of howard and metta + less expectations
3. it is a big deal.. becoming the 3rd all time leading scorer is a big deal. and being able to play more games at a high level than 99.9999% of anyone else in league history is impressive.
jordan missed 3rd team all nba in his 14th and 15th seasons with 2 extended vacations throughout his career to rest his legs.
kobes making 1st team all nba's in his 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th and soon to be 18th seasons
again .. yes.. it is a big deal