Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Euro-basketball,nba freezone thread.

After all the threads with folk bickering about the differences between one type of basketball and the other,I thought it would be good to have a thread where only the euroleague,uleb and european national leagues could be discussed.

Default Re: Euro-basketball,nba freezone thread.

We should have at least one thread for each competition (Euroleague, ULEB, national leagues). Some of them already exists, like the ones for the PBA and Israel. Some could be sticky too if enough interest in them.

By the way, who is modding this forum? All the sticky threads here are related to the NBA 2007 All-Star! They should be deleted from here.

looks like efes pilsen could be a strong team next year.Kasun seems to be heading that way,a player that has underachieved spectacularly at barca but has a huge potential.Efes have Kakiouzis,schumpert,thornton,vujanic,peker,charles smith,gonlum etc etc.decent side if they gel well.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Didn't the Uleb become the eurocup and what's the eurocup becoming?

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Didn't the Uleb become the eurocup and what's the eurocup becoming?
    the eurocup is the fiba one.are they not still separate?
    I think Kiev were in the finals last year.its clearly the third competition.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    the eurocup is the fiba one.are they not still separate?
    I think Kiev were in the finals last year.its clearly the third competition.
    They're together again.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    They're together again.
    I see what they are doing.They are having the teams that usually compete in the eurocup to qualify for what is in effect the ULEB.makes sense

I see Le mans have signed batista (the brasilian not the uruguayan) from lietuvos rytas.This guy has obviously not lived up to expectations,he had a good college reputation,when rytas signed him they expected big things from him and he basically did nothing.Simasu you must know more about him than I do.I still think that le mans and nancy will struggle to win games.I continue my campaign of "get rid of the french teams,atleast one of them!"

http://ebzone.blogspot.com/2008/09/t...asketball.html
    european top salaries. These are NET salaries too!!!
    Olympiakos 4 players in top 14!! and macijauskas has hardly played for them in two years!!!Top 3 in greece. 6 of top 10 in russia. only Navarro playing for barca in ACB in the top 10.only 5 of the top 10 best paid in europe play in the euroleague!!!Obviously another reason to add another team or two from russia and get rid of atleast one of the french teams.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

I see Le mans have signed batista (the brasilian not the uruguayan) from lietuvos rytas.This guy has obviously not lived up to expectations,he had a good college reputation,when rytas signed him they expected big things from him and he basically did nothing.Simasu you must know more about him than I do.I still think that le mans and nancy will struggle to win games.I continue my campaign of "get rid of the french teams,atleast one of them!"
    You are right about the one thing: didn't live up to expectations. However, I know nothing about him, I think one thing I have heard involving him was that he was a victim of racism, only verbal, not physical. Not a single French team has a chance to do a single thing in the Euroleague, they are way too weak. I think their national team reflects their league in a way, lots of talent, and that's about it. About your salary post, wow, Childress is not worth that muc money if you think about it. Macijauskas is worth the money, but not worth the risk, as he's always injured, I think it's 3 years and counting for him, possibly 4. Sergey Monia isn't worth that money either, I haven't seen him play for Dinamo, but on russia he was terrible. Siskauskas and Smodiz should be making more money than Macijauskas or Monia. The rest of the list is what everyone would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    You are right about the one thing: didn't live up to expectations. However, I know nothing about him, I think one thing I have heard involving him was that he was a victim of racism, only verbal, not physical. Not a single French team has a chance to do a single thing in the Euroleague, they are way too weak. I think their national team reflects their league in a way, lots of talent, and that's about it. About your salary post, wow, Childress is not worth that muc money if you think about it. Macijauskas is worth the money, but not worth the risk, as he's always injured, I think it's 3 years and counting for him, possibly 4. Sergey Monia isn't worth that money either, I haven't seen him play for Dinamo, but on russia he was terrible. Siskauskas and Smodiz should be making more money than Macijauskas or Monia. The rest of the list is what everyone would expect.
    Monia has been horrendous everywhere. did nothing in the NBA,looks like a bench player for dynamo and has been poor for russia

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Monia has been horrendous everywhere. did nothing in the NBA,looks like a bench player for dynamo and has been poor for russia
    Agreed. He probably made team russia because he "played" in the nba

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

DIJA will do well today

DKV joventud beat barca in the catalan league final.Thats without Rubio or pops.Barca worry me,I really dont think they have the coach they need.Plus I still have doubts about Navarro.As good as he is , he does seem to have some great disappearing acts!!

DKV joventud beat barca in the catalan league final.Thats without Rubio or pops.Barca worry me,I really dont think they have the coach they need.Plus I still have doubts about Navarro.As good as he is , he does seem to have some great disappearing acts!!
    I agree with you about the coach. Bar