Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    It's ironic, Clipps, that you blame Q. Ross for Parker going off when this was the one game of the year where our supposed "best player" (please tell me you don't actaully believe that) started in the place of Ross... Hmm..
    What does that have to do with Tony Parker going off. Q Ross was still guarding Parker a lot of the times and still got owned. Q ross is so overrated. And yes, so far this season, Maggette has been the most effective player on the team. He needs to start. I'm tired of Dunleavy's BS.

Made that high school varsity squad

The reasons why the Clips are sucking right down is just poor game-planning decision, and add-in that the players have a total lack of confidence and just lack heart and toughness. That's what happens when you lose in embarassing fashion the way the Clips lost to the Spurs last night. Nothing to do being "jinxed" or some other BS like that. You either have it or you don't. As far I'm concerned, everybody is to blame...the coaches and the players.

Superstar

wow, clipps have a rough start with 20 games in and you already got fans saying "tank"...and you have the balls to call lakers fans "non real fans"

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Clipps last year = Sonics the year before. Several contract year players. It was an aberration..

Maggs needs to have a defined role on this team. Q-Ross ain't that good on D to relegate him to the bench...
    yeah that is possible. The last time they made the playoffs under Larry Brown and everyone said they're finally ready for the big time, didn't they pull the same disappearing act the next season?

Anyway its still a long time to go. They are loaded with talent and still have a decent record. Lakers were teetering at .500 for most of last season too. So all it takes is a run to make the playoffs. But even if they do, they'd be a disappointment because everyone was expecting them to be one of the best amongst the second tier western teams.

Banned

Q Ross.. god damn him. him and Cassell's horrible shot form are why I hate the Clippers in 2k7. the guy misses every layup and open jumper he gets. I have to play on manual subs just to get his worthless ass of the floor. because I'm too lazy to change the rosters.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Mike Dunleavy is getting exposed as a coach.

First of all, the teams best player(at this moment at least) is sitting on the bench as a sixth man and I honestly think that Quinton Ross is overrated. People say how much of a great defender is, but Tony Parker had no problem with Q Ross's "great defense". Ross should go to the bench with Maggette starting.

Mike Dunleavy, as far as I know, is the main problem. He doesn't even draws up an offense. He just puts matchup advantages and makes them go one on one. At least that's what it looks like. The Clippers have very talented individuas that can play as a team, they just need someone to emphasize that. I think the organization needs to get rid of Mike Dunleavy and hire someone like Rick Adelman. At this point, it's hard to see who out there is worse than Dunleavy. The Clippers better do it NOW while it's still early in the season.

If firing Dunleavy doesn't work, than the Clippers should be in need of a change up. At first I loved it, but now I think it was the dumbest idea to give Kaman that extension. This guy has "play for money" written right on him as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen him to jack sh!t all season. Are the Clippers allowed to trade kaman yet or do they have to wait till summer time since it's the first year of his new contract? I forget about a lot og the trade restrictions. Sofokolis Schortsanitis will play for the Clippers next season and he's the type of center the Clippers should replace Kaman with. If not, then trade Kaman to a team with a week inside for a strong draft pick and draft a center. Maybe the Clipper's crappy season might be a blessing in desquise(errhmm, Greg Oden). I think Greg Oden and EB would make a nice front court duo.

If the Clippers continue to play like this when february comes, they should tank the rest of the season and jump in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Oden will be a streight up superstar and that's a type of player the Clippers have been missing since McAdoo(05-06 EB was a fluke).

No matter what, the players the Clippers should keep no matter what should be Maggette, Brand, and Livingston.

Reasons?

Maggette and Brand have been with the team almost since day one(pretty much). And also, Brand and Maggette are great role players to have, especially if you have the possibility of someone like oden coming in.

Livingston is getting better and would be nice to have for the future, although I am getting a little pessimistic about this guy these days. he had a few good games, but I want to see how this guy does by the end of the season.

Hopefully (atleast) the Wolves will be at the 11th pick(Clippers pick if that happens... top 10 protected). I'm sure the Clippers can draft a nice shooter or something. Maybe the Clippers an use it on Marcus Williams, Daequan Cook or Marco Belinelli. If the Clippers are bad enough(top 5 draft pick), draft Hasheem Thabeet if they can't get Greg Oden. If the Clippers can't get a good enough draft pick, trade up by using kaman and maybe Mobley or something.

Do whatever that will be a step to the right direction.

A starting line-up like this could really be refreshing

C- Greg Oden
    F- Elton Brand
    F- Corey Maggette
    G- Marcus Williams
    G- Shaun Livingston
    Wait. Are you the asme dude that called the Clippers title contenders, and when I called you delusional last year AND this off-season you called me a Suns homer, a hater, and to basically **** off? Now you are talking about getting Oden when you're not even the top 5 worst teams in the League?

I usually hit open layups LakersRuleTheNBA's Avatar

Yep. The Clippas sucks!

They're beyond horrible..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Wait. Are you the asme dude that called the Clippers title contenders, and when I called you delusional last year AND this off-season you called me a Suns homer, a hater, and to basically **** off? Now you are talking about getting Oden when you're not even the top 5 worst teams in the League?

The Clippers are capable of being title contenders. They just have no heart, energy or effort and they are poorly coached. And if they are gunna suck, they might as well make it worth their while and get in position to draft Oden.

they don't play as a team.
    No chemistry, no heart.

All the talent in the world though.

Reminds me of the 02-03 team that had Brand, Miller, Maggette, Q Rich, Odom Kandi, etc. but couldn'd even win 30 games.

Clippas have a good season once in awhile, than it's back to losing.

Maybe they're really a jinxed franchise?

College star

The Clippers are capable of being title contenders. They just have no heart, energy or effort and they are poorly coached.
    Explain me how they are title contenders, yet lack all the values a title contending team requires.

shhhhhhh

dunlevy is below .500 as a coach, he is a good skills coach thats why when he goes to a crappy team they improve, but, only to the next level he is not the type of coach who can take the team to that next level by himself...

his best years were with the lakers coaching a team that had 10 years under it's belt as a championship team and in portland where despite his coaching choices like leaving jermane oneal on the bench (avg. 11 minutes a game over 4 years) they did ok...
    Last edited by gts; 12-16-2006 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Explain me how they are title contenders, yet lack all the values a title contending team requires.

I agree black. Clippas fans can say their team is a title contender and not be ridcule? The Lakers have a better record, but when their fans talk title contender, they get jumped on. It just doesn't make sense.

The Clippas should just worry about making the playoffs, before thinking long shot of titles..