Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

LeBron is on a different stratosphere right now.

His current level of play makes him the greatest of all time if he can keep up for the next 5 years. This shit isn't even up for discussion.

I was a LeBron hater, but you can't build the ashes of hate on the flames of greatness. LeBron is too damn good at basketball.

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    IMO MVP's MJ should have won: 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998

1997: Jordan, not Malone should have won
    1988: Bird, not Jordan should have won

He also had a good case in 1990. The year Barkley won, it was Hakeem's award imo.
    Agree with Bird being the best in 88. Jordan was the best player in the game from 90-93 and 96 - 98, and as such probably should have won it every one of those years.

Mvp is somewhat of a silly concept. Taken at face value, it should be given to the best player in the league. If we're talking about value in a general sense, and not a team specific sense - which would see the award go to a really good player on a really bad team almost every year - then most valuable should be synonymous with best. Unfortunately, that's not the case, though it should be. Guys like Kobe and Shaq are paragons of that. It's also the reason Durant has a very realistic chance over Lebron this year, despite Lebron being the better and more valuable player.
    Last edited by DatAsh; 02-09-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi

LeBron makes a case for being slightly ahead of other MVP contenders
    Video of that pic reminded me of this MVP race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4f6wiQJh4

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    LeBron is on a different stratosphere right now.

His current level of play makes him the greatest of all time if he can keep up for the next 5 years. This shit isn't even up for discussion.

I was a LeBron hater, but you can't build the ashes of hate on the flames of greatness. LeBron is too damn good at basketball.
    +1

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Don't be so hateful. Kobe's best season, 2005-06 season, doesn't fit to the criteria of being the MVP. He deserved his MVP in 2008.
    He couldn't even lead his team past the first round...in his prime...in the 3 chances he got (the 3 seasons after Shaq and before Gasol). That is not MVP worthy. The media has unfairly given Kobe all of the credit for the 2 title wins when he could not even get past the first round before Gasol arrived there and on top of that Gasol was much better in the 2010 NBA finals than Kobe yet Kobe got all of the credit and the finals MVP. In those 2 playoffs Gasol was just as good as Kobe yet they falsely portray him as the sidekick.

You're just as delusional as Kobe-stans.
    1999-2000-2001-2002 and then 2004? That's 5. I'm just saying in case of you can not count.
    By 1999 I meant the 1999-2000, 2000-2001- and 2001-2002 seasons.
    Now you have a point about Duncan, he deserved more MVPs. But Shaq is one of the GOAT.

1998-99 season is the worst season of Shaq while he was in his prime. He was not the MVP in that season, clearly.
    Bad logic. Shaq's prime was legendary. Being the worst season of his prime still means it was utter domination. But anyways I was talking about 99-00, not 98-99.
    Shaq's 2000 MVP is one of the most deserved MVPs.
    Iverson's 2001 MVP was about hype. It should have gone to Shaq or Duncan.
    Shaq didn't have a case for Duncan for being the MVP in 2001-02.
    Garnett's 2004 MVP is one of the most deserved MVPs. Shaq had no case over him.
    Although IMO, Shaq should have won the 2005 MVP.
    I agree about KG's dominance. Good point about KG's season forgot about that. KG, Duncan, Shaq should have traded MVPs every season from 1999 to 2007 imo (not equally weighted though)

I'd say 2 or 3 is accurate for Shaq. 'Minimum 4' is just delusional. Don't be so uncontrolled while trying to bash to Kobe.
    I'll admit 3 would be fine, but 2 is way under. He deserved at least 3...4 IMO.

As for Kobe....I don't buy big market media hype. I look at the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Thats not the problem though.Shaq has never been a dominant in regular season and kobe has been dominant for 2 seasons where his team sucked.Even when he won mvp back in 2008 he was no where near lebron valuable(or durant for that matter)

If lebron doesnt get it this year,only reason will be voters fatigue.He has been so dominant.
    2008 Kobe was a better player than 2008 Lebron in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Da ****?

Durant has zero case over LeBron for MVP. None. Zilch.

People on this forum like to say "MVP is a two man race between LeBron and Durant", which is nonsense. LeBron will win another unanimous MVP just like 2010.

Lebron is going off, no question, But I think the Voters will give it to KD this year. KD is also having an amazing season and could be viewed as MORE VALUABLE to his squad...

Take Kd off OKC, and they will likely struggle, take Lebron off the Heat, and they still have All-stars Chris Bosh and Wade, and future HOF Ray Allen.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Haters going to be extra Salty when #6 holds up his 4th MVP trophy this year.

It's inevitable that OKC will end up with the best record in the WC. They currently have 5 more wins and 2 less loses than the Heat playing in a tougher conference. No discredit to Lebron's godly play as of late, but eventually he'll come back down to earth and start shooting an out of this world percentage.

Unless they can match OKC's record or KD goes down with a serious injury, it's Durant's for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Thats not the problem though.Shaq has never been a dominant in regular season and kobe has been dominant for 2 seasons where his team sucked.Even when he won mvp back in 2008 he was no where near lebron valuable(or durant for that matter)

If lebron doesnt get it this year,only reason will be voters fatigue.He has been so dominant.
    Shaq never been dominant? idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    It's inevitable that OKC will end up with the best record in the WC. They currently have 5 more wins and 2 less loses than the Heat playing in a tougher conference. No discredit to Lebron's godly play as of late, but eventually he'll come back down to earth and start shooting an out of this world percentage.

Unless they can match OKC's record or KD goes down with a serious injury, it's Durant's for the taking.
    You think MVP goes to the team with the best record? Did you see who won MVP last year? And you **** up a lot of MVPs in the past with that logic

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    You think MVP goes to the team with the best record? Did you see who won MVP last year? And you **** up a lot of MVPs in the past with that logic
    Yeah, my team and the Bulls tied. The Spurs are too balanced and of course TP isn't going to get MVP recognition. D-Rose played 39 games, so he was out of the discussion. Had to go to one of the two runners up, either Durant or LBJ and it did. What's your point?

MVP goes to the best player on the best team nowadays and iirc, there are three teams with a better record than the Heat (Spurs, Thunder, Clippers) and two teams right on their tail (Pacers, Knicks).

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT

How do you know for sure OKC will end up with the best record in the league? Spurs are right there, and they haven't even had Duncan or Ginobli recently.

If OKC gets the 2nd best record in the league, it defeats the whole "best player on best team" argument he has going for him. Then it's a guy who is having an outstanding season leading his team to 2nd place VS a guy who's having a godly season leading his team to 3rd place. That would favor LeBron more IMO.

Kobe morons are the ones who think Durant is the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    How do you know for sure OKC will end up with the best record in the league? Spurs are right there, and they haven't even had Duncan or Ginobli recently.

If OKC gets the 2nd best record in the league, it defeats the whole "best player on best team" argument he has going for him. Then it's a guy who is having an outstanding season leading his team to 2nd place VS a guy who's having a godly season leading his team to 3rd place. That would favor LeBron more IMO.
    Just my opinion. Spurs dealing with injuries and are on their annual RRT right now, it's hard to say they will still be leading OKC two weeks from now. Even if the Spurs were to get the best record, no one on our squad is grabbing the MVP so it will be the same situation as last year. If the Heat end up behind Spurs, Clips and Thunder by seasons end, I don't see Lebron taking it. Even with how well he is playing right now, the Knicks who have been slumping are 1.5 back and Indiana is in the picture as well.

I'd put my money on Durant taking home the hardware this year.