Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    How am I going out of my way? I'm on a forum where people post things they find humorous. I find a lot of things about religion to be humorous, so I make threads about it.

It's the same thing as kids ribbing their friends when they're the first ones to realize Santa Claus doesn't exist. I beat a lot of my friends to the punch back then too.
    So you've been pressing your beliefs in everyones faces and shooting down every contrasting one for your whole life?

Get a life you loser.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    So you've been pressing your beliefs in everyones faces and shooting down every contrasting one for your whole life?

Get a life you loser.
    It's just another topic of debate. Like a sports fan constantly defending his team against attacks.

You a religious zealot? Not able to find humor in the ridiculous Bible verse I posted?

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Really sad that you spend so much time laughing at something you don't even believe in. It reeks of insecurity actually.

Obsessive mockery?

I mostly mock the concept of religious devotion altogether. This is the first time I've ever brought up something specific in the Bible. The Bible has some good material in there that's useful for all lives, but this passage was hilarious. It deserved mocking. Even religious people should note the ridiculousness of it. Goes way overboard in its word choice when it could have made its point in a simpler manner.
    Grow up.

You say "The Bible has some good material in there that's useful for all lives."

Pick the thing up. Open to a random passage. You know what it's probably about?

"the concept of religious devotion."

It probably either outlines in loving, maybe obsessive detail God's covenant with his people, and how they are to praise and reverence Him (whether it be through arcane OCD dietary laws, or what color ribbons to put on the temple, or whatever), (48% of the text of the Bible), or it will be talking about the Christ and the need for one (48%)...

Or it will be "hilarious" passages like this one, and other oddities or passages that are offensive to modern notions especially when taken out of context (as Old Covenant standards that became outmoded with the advent of Christ) (2% of the text of the Bible), or it will be the moral platitudes that shallow bores like you want to reduce the Bible to ("All the Bible really says is, don't be a dick.") (2%).
    Last edited by Clifton; 03-20-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Banned

[QUOTE=HardwoodLegend]Didn't know this was in there.

Ezekiel 23:14-21 is hands down the funniest passage written. That n1gga God is hilarious.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

the OP is by far the most insecure poster on ISH.

Very good NBA starter

You guys didn't know The Bible was one of the trillest books ever written?

http://www.cracked.com/article_15699...le-verses.html

It's chocked full of great stuff

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly

Get a life you loser.

The guy is an Atheist and Tmac fan. There is no hope.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

[QUOTE=HardwoodLegend]Didn't know this was in there.

Ezekiel 23:14-21 is hands down the funniest passage written. That n1gga God is hilarious.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Do not understand? What's hard to understand?

And, why would a God make something complex when the majority of humanity is not that intelligent? How is that an effective way to heal the world with a message everyone should obey and follow?

Actin like there aren't a lot of mindless simpletons who follow religion and spout off scripture like parrots. Please.

The message is not to obey, the message is to accept and atone and to live a good life over an evil one because there is temptation all around us and we are all guilty of succumbing to it. No one religious person on this Earth, not even the Pope who is merely just an elected official has all the answers.

What I find it hard to believe is that those who do not believe in something whether it be God or Religion for example, sure do spend a lot of time talking about it and enforcing their beliefs on others and passing it off as truth, or passing it off as rubbish that others believe in a deity or practice a religion. They fail to see that they are doing the same thing they hate, and that is to spread their version of what's real.

I don't believe in Big Foot, but I don't spend day and night trying to prove that Big Foot doesn't exist because I don't believe in him. I just choose not to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The message is not to obey, the message is to accept and atone and to live a good life over an evil one because there is temptation all around us and we are all guilty of succumbing to it. No one religious person on this Earth, not even the Pope who is merely just an elected official has all the answers.

What I find it hard to believe is that those who do not believe in something whether it be God or Religion for example, sure do spend a lot of time talking about it and enforcing their beliefs on others and passing it off as truth, or passing it off as rubbish that others believe in a deity or practice a religion. They fail to see that they are doing the same thing they hate, and that is to spread their version of what's real.

I don't believe in Big Foot, but I don't spend day and night trying to prove that Big Foot doesn't exist because I don't believe in him. I just choose not to care.
    Well said.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

And if people started proposing laws and taxes regarding bigfoot you would still not care? That is the difference.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    And if people started proposing laws and taxes regarding bigfoot you would still not care? That is the difference.

Explain further please. What laws and taxes do we have concerning God, Religion, Spirituality?

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I can't speak for my fellow secular humanists, but one aspect that will always differ between what I do and what religious zealots do is that I will always use humor and playful mocking... never getting offended to the point that it could arouse feelings of hate or righteous superiority.

The belief in Big Foot has not resulted in the amount of persecution and lost life as the institution of religion. Not a very good comparison there.

You can't act like religious devotion has shown itself to be completely harmless through our history.
    Last edited by HardwoodLegend; 03-20-2013 at 11:03 PM.

OP is spot on with his posts. Biased douche bags getting mad.