Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Blake Griffin does not plan to defend his slam dunk championship

Last years dunk was actually pretty good IMO and Blake did throw done some pretty nice dunks but the only thing people want to remember is the kia. Everyone was saying how Blake was going to be shit in the dunk contest but he actually ended up being good. By saying it was rigged your trying to find another reason to hate. Blake Griffin is quickly turning into the most hated and most underrated player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Apparently Blake Griffin doesn't want to enter the 2012 all-star slam dunk contest

Read this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9189

What's your reaction?
    thats not really a surprise, he never defends anything

[COLOR="White"](if somebody has already made that joke, wel i dont care, im not gonna scroll through 6 pages to find out)[/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    They could have a dunk competition where it is NBA players vs. Non-NBA players. For example, there would be 3 NBA players against 3 non-NBA players. Each player could get two or three dunks and the team with the highest cumulative score would win. Then there would be a fan-voted MVP of the competition. This MVP would essentially be the winner of the dunk contest. Good idea?
    No! Because it's NBA dunk contest, and non-nba dunker would win with ease.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by shallehalle
    i've seen Griffin do a Vince Carter between the legs dunk during Clippers warm up, it's on youtube. And if he would have made that first dunk (360 wmill) and that 360 of the side of the backboard, it would have been a different story. But his first made dunk was like a 40 at max. Second dunk was about 44-45, because of all the misses. Elbow dunk was 47-48 in my opinion, and that car dunk, i actually can't rate it.. something between 43-47, because jumping over something or someone and catching an alley oop is actually really difficult.

People talking about Ibaka. He jumped off the FT line, and so? It looked ugly as hell. How can you give him more than a 45? A lot of players did that dunk, even Barry. Second dunk was.. also nothing that special to advance to the next round.

McGee had to bee in the second round, that's easy.

Derozan, of course.

But Griffin had all the hype, and i don't understand how do they judge between the legs dunks, which were never made.
    Christ half our team in HS threw down oops. If he would have jumped over the tall part of the car it would have been something. He didn't. That was the worst dunk of the day.

And yes, had he made his misses they would have been impressive. But he didn't. If anything, you lose points for missing, not gain them.

Quote Originally Posted by shallehalle
    No! Because it's NBA dunk contest, and non-nba dunker would win with ease.
    Ya, probably. Motivation for NBA players to get their shit together.

College superstar

What? Its problem is that it is without star power. Your answer is to bring in guys no one has ever heard of?

the allstar weekend needs a makeover...

the shooting stars is boring...do we really care about wnba players and old vets
    skills comp- getting old and tiring of the same thing over and over
    3 pt- only saving grace
    dunk- its good every other year...its needs stars... not some scrubs

Banned

they just need to offer more money so stars enter the competition and not scrubs

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Christ half our team in HS threw down oops. If he would have jumped over the tall part of the car it would have been something. He didn't. That was the worst dunk of the day.
    I agree on that front. A routine two-hand alley-oop is about as easy as it comes for a guy like Blake Griffin.

I'd love to see McGee go at it again. He got ripped last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Good. Hopefully this lowers the chance of another rigged contest.

All he needs to do to defend his title is complete that sick contorted 360 windmill he missed and quit on last year.

Put Paul George in the dunk contest. He can do a 360 between the legs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZtF8GaS3U

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

All Star Weekend is dying - also fans shouldn't be allowed to vote.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Put Paul George in the dunk contest. He can do a 360 between the legs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZtF8GaS3U
    The fact that he can do this dunk is insanely impressive. Yet, I'm not sure if I like his style. I saw a cilp of him doing Vince Carter's 360 windmill and again, it was awesome that he could pull it off, but it felt a little underwhelming.