Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

And they didn't improve the dumb team AI in My Player. Welp. I guess it's still ball-hog mode from here on.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    It is. 2K12 is trash.
    Yup. I got 2K11 for PC and it's significantly better than 2K12 IMO.

Banned

Clippersfan you never did accept my PSN friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Clippersfan you never did accept my PSN friend request.
    Resend.

Banned

I'll do it tomorrow. It's Clippersfan86 right?

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    And they didn't improve the dumb team AI in My Player. Welp. I guess it's still ball-hog mode from here on.

I watched a developer video where they specifically address improving the AI in MyCareer mode. Now, whether it happens or not is yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I watched a developer video where they specifically address improving the AI in MyCareer mode. Now, whether it happens or not is yet to be seen.
    Yeah hopefully they have. I remember hearing something along the lines of your AI teammates adapting to your play style. Staying out of the way if you like to drive to the basket, keep the spacing right on the court if you're a 3 point shooter etc. Far too often in 2K12 your teammates would set picks you didn't want, run into the exact spot you wanted to go to etc etc. So I think this is a pretty important improvement for My Career players like myself. Hopeful they've done a good job.

Any news on a demo release date yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'll do it tomorrow. It's Clippersfan86 right?
    1986 for PSN.

Not only improving AI but why do they never explain the sliders in the coaching profile? Let gamers understand how it actually works with the new improved AI. The advantages/disadvantages of it. On 2k12 I raised my help defense slider to 100. And yet Pau Gasol doesnt rotate over to help defense. He guards the PF and doesnt even budge because the PF he is guarding is standing totally still. Why does Gasol not recognize the guard driving from the FT line to the basket?

This stuff irks me along with my PF or C always rolling to the corner 3pt arc like Bruce Bowen.

The defense settings are something gamers need to play with as well because it affects your AI. Like if double teams is set to auto? Chances are the AI will decide to double off a guy that you wish they didnt. Same with on ball, off ball, screens, hedge.

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I'm leaning towards this.

Although I'm the player who skips through beginning segments and halftime shows, turns off replays, and never uses any of that crap (Jordan POG, highlight stuff) after a game with the exception of looking at the box score.

For a player like me, it's all fluff with nothing substantial. And (imo), the average user probably does the same with the longer they play the game. They may watch it for the first few weeks or months, but eventually it gets repetitive.

A mode that I have always enjoyed which has had basically no upgrades in the last 3 games is Team-Up. I would be pleasantly surprised if they at least made it stable. Perhaps find a reasonable way to penalize jackasses who leave the game as it starts because they wanted to use LeBron and not Joel Anthony? Like the more disconnects you have, the higher likelihood you will get of landing the lowest ranked player available.

They could also not make it a secret that you can change players mid game. Err.. Like in 2k11 if you subbed out your guy for another starter, you would then be forced to the top CPU position not being used (PG, then SG, then SF, etc). Last year it was sub out your starter and then when you had the ball with a bench player, press something.. I forgot. It was like lb+(button of the player you want to switch to). Because when people do quit that mode, it makes others quit. They don't want to be on a team where the CPU is in control of 1-3. Putting it out that you can use a different position would help keep a game alive. So it takes half an hour just to get in one.

And perhaps, I don't know.. Lobbies. I mean ****.
    Agree 100%, the presentation stuff is cool for like the first week but after that I wish it could all be cut out. I'm sure 2K puts a lot of work into it but after I while I want to skip all the annoying press conferences. I want to skip the forced halftime shows and go straight to the 3rd quarter. I want the commentators to stop trying to show me the standings/schedules/stats of the team I'm playing because I don't care at all. All the new stuff they're adding just sounds like things I will want to skip after a while but won't be able to.

I still might purchase it on release since the PC version is so cheap but I have a feeling the game will end up disappointing me again.

Banned

Get the standard of dynasty version? Is the dynasty version worth it?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    Get the standard of dynasty version? Is the dynasty version worth it?
    Its an extra $40, and you get:

- Exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding and
    - Art of Basketball Exclusive 2K Sports Ink'd ear buds from Skullcandy
    - Exclusive NBA 2K13 controller skin from Skinit

as well as the All-Star game DLC content that comes with a preorder

I'd say that no its not worth it.... at least for me.

dynasty version is crap lol

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Its an extra $40, and you get:

- Exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding and
    - Art of Basketball Exclusive 2K Sports Ink'd ear buds from Skullcandy
    - Exclusive NBA 2K13 controller skin from Skinit

as well as the All-Star game DLC content that comes with a preorder

I'd say that no its not worth it.... at least for me.
    Yeah I agree. I would of considered ordering the Dynasty Edition if it was maybe $70 and had stuff that was actually worth it. I'll be more then content with the standard edition I have preordered.