Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Anyone in here watched American History X?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    And thus he gets replaced by Mark Ruffalo lkjafilajhseildbfuahsdilfhnaew
    Wasn't that due to issues with contract negotiations between the two sides.... as in problems from both sides???

As for the OP.... yeah American History X is an epic film, with a very powerful message, and the role- and performance-of-a-lifetime by the great Edward Norton.

Learning to shoot layups Banksh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    And thus he gets replaced by Mark Ruffalo lkjafilajhseildbfuahsdilfhnaew
    Wasn't that due to issues with contract negotiations between the two sides.... as in problems from both sides???

As for the OP.... yeah American History X is an epic film, with a very powerful message, and the role- and performance-of-a-lifetime by the great Edward Norton.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    didn't that film completely tank?
    I think you're thinking of the OTHER Hulk movie, by Ang Lee in 2003.

That movie tanked.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    I think you're thinking of the OTHER Hulk movie, by Ang Lee in 2003.

That movie tanked.
    The first new-generation Hulk movie was terrible. I actually fell asleep in the theatre.

The newer one, with Edward Norton, was average.

decent movie (4/5).

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Amazing film, Ed norton really has fallen off hard the last decade. He was making films such as American history X, fight club and primal fear. Don't think he has done anything good for the last few years.

last strong performance (imo)...

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    seen it, i didnt really get it. he hates black people, finds out that lots of black people are nice (duh), and then likes black people

it gets a ton of acclaim so there was probably something i didnt get.
    I haven't seen this movie in years but,
    It would be pretty hard for him to think that black people could be nice. He had been raised to think that blacks are worthless,nothing good for wastes of space. It's hard to think different if everything that's around you says and shows otherwise. Blacks around his turf hated him for what he was and vice-versa. It wasn't until he had to be in a room with a black guy that he had the chance to see his mindset is wrong.

As for the shower thing,it was just a way for the nazis to show that if you betray them and their beliefs you are pretty much nothing to them. Rape is probably the most degrading thing that can happen to a person. Had he not been that bad of a nazi before the prison he would've been killed but he was left with a chance to turn back to his old ways.

By the way,what happen to that black guy he met in prison? I don't remember that at all.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawk
    It would be pretty hard for him to think that black people could be nice. He had been raised to think that blacks are worthless,nothing good for wastes of space. It's hard to think different if everything that's around you says and shows otherwise. Blacks around his turf hated him for what he was and vice-versa. It wasn't until he had to be in a room with a black guy that he had the chance to see his mindset is wrong.

As for the shower thing,it was just a way for the nazis to show that if you betray them and their beliefs you are pretty much nothing to them. Rape is probably the most degrading thing that can happen to a person. Had he not been that bad of a nazi before the prison he would've been killed but he was left with a chance to turn back to his old ways.

By the way,what happen to that black guy he met in prison? I don't remember that at all.

i guess i find it hard to totally comprehend racism because ive never really had to deal with it, or been around when somebody was being discriminated.

i guess the way people talked about it i was expecting something profound, and insightful, that would make me think, and really its just an interesting story, i didnt really see any message, because from the beginning his racism seemed so simple minded and dumb
    Last edited by chips93; 02-26-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawk

Wasn't he left in prison? Serving his time.

Blu Ray

AHX is great the first two or three times you watch it, but the re-watch-ability drops off for me after that. I've only seen it two or three times and I don't ever have the desire to watch it again.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

i didnt watch it until about 2 years ago, everyone was allways like "yeah its great, he stands on a ******s head" and I was like, sounds meh, but then one day i decided to watch it and thought it was great, edward norton did hell of a job

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    I'm pretty sure if there was a part 2, he'd join the crew again after what they did to his bro.

actually i just read that the final scene was of edward norton getting his head shaven again to become a neo-nazi, but the scene was deleted as it was deemed pro-nazi

in b4 movie snobs say it was overrated.

ps check out "The Believer." Another movie that deals with neo-Nazism.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Skin Heads

You dont see too many redneck films out there
    Skin heads arent rednecks.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

THat movie is so unrealistic everybody knows skinheads dont play b-ball aka squeaky monkey ball.

j/k great movie.

Yes Op, one of the better films I've viewed in the past year, I tihnk I'd give it a solid 8/10 really good movie.