Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

i ddint see this thread or i wouldnt have made my own thread

i basically think that howlands making ucla out to be pitt west in terms of style

i think if he wants to win a title hes eventually gonna have to get some mroe scorers on the team

they dont have enough offnese to win a title

hoopsfan3409
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

i agree they definately don't have enough offense, defense wins chamionships, but you have to have the offensive production to win the games to get to the championships. collison is fast though so so fast.

I usually hit open layups bruinballer's Avatar

yup, defense wins championships, and that is UCLA through and through.. they take a team out of their game, and play their own well enough to win... that's why they'll beat Pitt tonite.. they'll double Gray, Afflalo will shut down their best ball-handler, and Mbah a Moute will dominate the boards...

man, I love this team!

Decent playground baller IBall280's Avatar

i dont think ucla is that good no offense

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsfan3409
    i agree they definately don't have enough offense, defense wins chamionships, but you have to have the offensive production to win the games to get to the championships. collison is fast though so so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBall280
    i dont think ucla is that good no offense

Umm, they don't have enough offense? Uh no, they have all the offense they need. Arron Afflalo, Josh Shipp, Luc Richard MBah A Moute, Darren Collison, Michael Roll, Nikola Dragovic, James Keefe all have damn good offensive games, alhtough Keefe and Dragovic don't play much. This is a defensive oriented team, but they can score if they choose too[Scored over 80 9 times this year]. They will shut down the other opposing teams with pretty much ease, so I'm not worried about their offense that much. Aaron Gray will be getting abused tonight [by abused I mean when he has the ball, he will be getting hit and a ton of contact] at the hands of Lorenzo Mata, Alfred Aboya and Prince Luc Richard MBah A Moute

yuppers... defense wins championships... we dominated pitt and grey... doubled him the whole game... took him out of his game... don't recall being behind the whole game... guess that your questions about offense were answered... you know a team is great when their star player (read afflalo) doesn't score well yet we still dominate the game...

yeah, figured that you guys would be quiet on the board after the game....

Quote Originally Posted by bruinballer
    yuppers... defense wins championships... we dominated pitt and grey... doubled him the whole game... took him out of his game... don't recall being behind the whole game... guess that your questions about offense were answered... you know a team is great when their star player (read afflalo) doesn't score well yet we still dominate the game...

yeah, figured that you guys would be quiet on the board after the game....
    Yup, shut Gray down like I've been saying. It was funny hearing people say Gray would dominate. Howland RECRUITED and got Gray to Pitt, I think he knows his game enough to be able to shut him down, like the Bruins did. Collison and Shipp were awesome tonight along with Mata on the boards, boxing out and challenging shots. Afflalo played pretty bad, but hey, UCLA still dominated from beggining to finish like you said, except for a 2minute or so spurt by Pitt.

Kansas = next

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Kansas = next
    yeah, I have nothing but respect for kansas... they're peaking right now, and they have several NBA prospects..

having said that, I still feel UCLA will win this game due to their incredible defense... they should take Kansas out of their game, force several turnovers, and shut them down inside... I look forward to UCLA winning a close game...

GO BRUINS!!

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruinballer
    yeah, I have nothing but respect for kansas... they're peaking right now, and they have several NBA prospects..

having said that, I still feel UCLA will win this game due to their incredible defense... they should take Kansas out of their game, force several turnovers, and shut them down inside... I look forward to UCLA winning a close game...

GO BRUINS!!
    Kansas defense is ranked better in nearly every statistical category. This will be a great game, good luck Bruin fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    Kansas defense is ranked better in nearly every statistical category. This will be a great game, good luck Bruin fans.
    Ranked better, but it's not as consistent or else they would have been dominating early on as well like the Bruins did. UCLA should just pick-and-roll, that should kill the Kansas defense and if they play zone, Bruins have the shooters to kill it with Afflalo, Shipp and Roll mainly.

Let's go Bruins

Local High School Star thejoyofsobe's Avatar

We'll see you guys on Saturday.

Not that long until the Bruins hope to avenge last years final game by beating the Gators in the final four. Collison should really just blow by Green every chance, and Afflalo needs to hit his shots as does Shipp. Mata needs to make sure Horford doesn't go off, while the Prince needs to stick Noah without fouling. Subs will be huge during the game, Roll needs to be big, as does Aboya. Westbrook hopefully won't turn it over.

Off another forum:

Another year, yet the same team flys into the Fianl Four from Gainesville. Noah isnt on his amazing hot streak like last year, Brewer is probably a better defender this season, Humphrey has been on fire, and Horford has been a beast in the tournament. With all that said, I find it hard to believe Ben Howland loses to Billy Donovan again. Howland is the better coach and my guess is that he has devised a game plan to slow down the Gators in the post 1 on 1. Afflalo is going to be switching from Brewer, to Green, to Humphrey in hopes he can slow down the hot man. Afflalo is out for blood, Collison is going to create lots of problems for Florda, and UCLA's front line is much better than last season.

UCLA wins 71-70.