Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default What's the worst city you have been to?

For me it would be Dallas. One of the fastest and diverse cities but yet everything is spaced out far as ****. The weather is horrible and the people who were born n raised here are oblivious to how lame their city is comparred to others. Not to mention they take their whole style from other cities then claim it as their own.

Crime rise it's LA by far. Drivebys cop shootings, etc. Stuff was crazy.

Bol'd over

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?

I haven't been to the USA, but Athens, Greece is the worst I've encountered in my travels. The city is a dirty, decrepit shithole, crime is rife (I met a guy who had been robbed twice and he had only been there since that morning), and people shoot up smack a few feet from police officers. Add all that to the shootings and street crime and you have an absolute armpit of a city.
    Sure, they've got the Acropolis, but there's a lot more to Athens than that... Almost all of it shit.

Me Da Bess.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    I haven't been to the USA, but Athens, Greece is the worst I've encountered in my travels. The city is a dirty, decrepit shithole, crime is rife (I met a guy who had been robbed twice and he had only been there since that morning), and people shoot up smack a few feet from police officers. Add all that to the shootings and street crime and you have an absolute armpit of a city.
    Sure, they've got the Acropolis, but there's a lot more to Athens than that... Almost all of it shit.
    I agree 100%, Athens for me too.

owwwww

Came in here to specifically say Athens too. What a dump.

Bol'd over

I made the mistake of staying in Ommonia, the red light district when I was in Athens.

Banned

Tijuana. By far the biggest shithole i've ever seen.
    Last edited by beermonsteroo; 10-28-2010 at 11:13 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year

That's a damn shame about Athens, I've always wanted to go to Greece and the Mediterranean.

The worst city I've been to is no surprise: Detroit, MI. I was there for three days with some friends for a massive conference; the first we stayed in downtown Detroit surrounded by meth-head junkies, deserted and depleting buildings, Homeless Square, and trash and filth everywhere. We immediately canceled our next two nights and got new rooms outside of downtown somewhere. I don't remember where exactly but it was still an absolute dump, at least I didn't feel like I was going to get knifed for my wallet though.

Dishonorable Mention: Louisville, KY. Stayed here for 5 days in high school for an AAU tournament. The people were extremely warm and welcoming, but the actual city was filthy and smelled like ass. My teammates and I went to a Steak N Shake at 3 a.m. on our last night. WOW. What a sight.

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    yeah pretty much, i move from club to club and then get my ass back across the border. I mean you are literally a walking billboard for prostitutes, scammers and crooked cops over there.

Miami Beach is awesome, but I wasn't impressed by downtown Miami one bit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DatDudeD
    yeah pretty much, i move from club to club and then get my ass back across the border. I mean you are literally a walking billboard for prostitutes, scammers and crooked cops over there.
    Honestly i don't know about the night life. I was 15 when i was there. I was on holidays in California with my parents and made a day trip there. Somehow the whole city scared me. All the dirt, shady looking people everywehre, just didn't feel comfortable at all. I can't even imagine what it must be there like at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    That's a damn shame about Athens, I've always wanted to go to Greece and the Mediterranean.

The worst city I've been to is no surprise: Detroit, MI. I was there for three days with some friends for a massive conference; the first we stayed in downtown Detroit surrounded by meth-head junkies, deserted and depleting buildings, Homeless Square, and trash and filth everywhere. We immediately canceled our next two nights and got new rooms outside of downtown somewhere. I don't remember where exactly but it was still an absolute dump, at least I didn't feel like I was going to get knifed for my wallet though.

Dishonorable Mention: Louisville, KY. Stayed here for 5 days in high school for an AAU tournament. The people were extremely warm and welcoming, but the actual city was filthy and smelled like ass. My teammates and I went to a Steak N Shake at 3 a.m. on our last night. WOW. What a sight.

You took my thunder Randy!!
    Sorry Deuce but Detroit may very well be the armpit of North America. I only spent a few nights there on 2 separate occasions so I might be jumping the gun a little but I saw more then enough to convince myself that I'm making an accurate assertion here...

Also, Hamilton Ontario is no post card city itself. The irony of it being called Steel Town is not lost on me...

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?u

I had the honor of staying in East Saint Louis a couple of times
    I remember walking to the liquor store and saw a group(about 7-8) of hookers (all around 14-17) walking threw alleys and looking for cusomers. When I finally got to the store it was about 4 drunks of the corner, a crackhead In the middle of the stree and another group of people across the street. Around the corner is a block of old dirty houses that had people sitting on the porch and barking at anything that walks by. smh

Honestly i don't know about the night life. I was 15 when i was there. I was on holidays in California with my parents and made a day trip there. Somehow the whole city scared me. All the dirt, shady looking people everywehre, just didn't feel comfortable at all. I can't even imagine what it must be there like at night.
    well consider this a Heads up if you ever decide to go there...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    Miami Beach is awesome, but I wasn't impressed by downtown Miami one bit.

yeah downtown miami is bad

+2

If it wasn't for Adalita Bar, I would never even set foot in that city.